OS X Lion

We went across the street to take cookies to our new neighbors, and had a nice visit.

Came back, now 5 minutes left.

We went across the street to take cookies to our new neighbors, and had a nice visit.

Came back, now 5 minutes left.

that new neighbor... was it the one where old lady used to live in there?

sounds about right. since everybody has different internet speed and all... up to 2-3 hours sounds right. it's to be expected especially when it comes to OS upgrade

OS X Lion USB drive is faster to install than internet about 30 minutes but The USB key costs more than Apple's OS about $70. If you use it, you won't be able to restore using Recovery HD

that new neighbor... was it the one where old lady used to live in there?
No. These are neighbors across the street. She lives next door. I drove her to the bookstore today to buy Windows 7 for Dummies. She loves the "Dummies" series for all the computer OS and for iPod, etc. :)

OS X Lion USB drive is faster to install than internet about 30 minutes but The USB key costs more than Apple's OS about $70. If you use it, you won't be able to restore using Recovery HD
Pah! Installed and restarted. Total time: 3 hours.

sounds about right. since everybody has different internet speed and all... up to 2-3 hours sounds right. it's to be expected especially when it comes to OS upgrade

Yeah, that was a 3.5 GB monster! :lol:

Thank you all for holding my hand thru this traumatic experience. :giggle:

Wow. That is impossible that wait so long. I installed it which took about 15 to 25 minutes because I have the internet cable. I almost lost the track of time.

Do you have cable or DSL?

Wow. That is impossible that wait so long. I installed it which took about 15 to 25 minutes because I have the internet cable. I almost lost the track of time.

Time Warner/RoadRunner cable.

It is a huge and major OS upgrade.....3.5 GB

25 min? I seriously doubt it :)

I never hear about faster time. Mostly hours between 1.5 and 3. It depends on how long it takes to download 3.7 GB.

Took me less than 3 hours to download and install in total. 3.5 GB download isn't exactly that fast on a 12 mbps cable connection.

I'm glad that I got it finished last night. Today, the internet was down for a couple hours. It's a good thing it didn't go down while I was in the middle of downloading Lion last night.

I bought a MacBookPro in August and I love it. Came with OS X Lion. The trackpad gestures are really useful. :) First Mac I've owned.

Back