OS X Lion

P.S. It does the same thing for DVD recorders which are banned on the market virtually. I am aware that very few companies sell their blu-ray recorders, but they are too expensive. I am not that crazy about the blu-ray. Who cares. Perhaps, it has to do with the hoarders.

How long does it take for the upgrade to download? It seems that it's been "installing" on my MacBook Pro for a looooooong time. I'm getting worried that something is wrong.

It says that it's "installing" on the App Store web page but I don't see anything happening.

How long does it take for the upgrade to download? It seems that it's been "installing" on my MacBook Pro for a looooooong time. I'm getting worried that something is wrong.

looooooooooong time. how long it's been?

lol give it about another hour or so.
:shock:

You're kidding! I've never had an upgrade take that long.

How do you know it's doing what it should? It shows only a static web page. There's nothing moving or showing progress.

Do I have to sit and watch it? TCS is getting impatient about supper.

because you had CD but this one is online only so it does take long to download it and then to install it. I think I waited for about 1-2 hours... I can't remember but I do remember that it took quite a while.

How do you know it's doing what it should? It shows only a static web page. There's nothing moving or showing progress.
web page? It shouldn't be.... Open up your App Store and maybe it'll show some progress.

no nothing. you just make sure it's charged and you go on ahead.

because you had CD but this one is online only so it does take long to download it and then to install it. I think I waited for about 1-2 hours... I can't remember but I do remember that it took quite a while.
No, some I used downloads, not CD.

web page? It shouldn't be.... Open up your App Store and maybe it'll show some progress.
It's an App Store page. It just has a button that when clicked went from $29.99 to BUY NOW to Installing. Nothing is moving or changing.

It's an App Store page. It just has a button that when clicked went from $29.99 to BUY NOW to Installing. Nothing is moving or changing.

I guess you'll find out after supper? :dunno:

Same as mine. You can wait too long as 30 min or late till software will be download. You will take supper then check it. :)

Finished supper. :)

Still installing.

I'm going to take my shower now, and then check it again.

Funny, I downloaded it last night! It took about an hour---downloading AND installing to disk....so not to worry...

Funny, I downloaded it last night! It took about an hour---downloading AND installing to disk....so not to worry...
It just now popped open another window that asked for my password, and said it will begin installing.

Two hours and counting. :)

Now it says 31 minutes to install.

It just now popped open another window that asked for my password, and said it will begin installing.

Not that I know anything about stuff like this but....maybe not let the computer go to sleep?

Ooops, nevermind, you're alright now, I think....

Wow. Installed it in my MacBook Pro 13 about one hour and half.

Wow. Installed it in my MacBook Pro 13 about one hour and half.

sounds about right. since everybody has different internet speed and all... up to 2-3 hours sounds right. it's to be expected especially when it comes to OS upgrade

Back