Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at least two mass murderers have had Aspergers. A good friend of mines son has Aspergers and from what I have seen about his reasoning skills I would not want to see him own a firearm and would go so far as to say, perhaps those people who have children with Aspergers should not have guns in their houses and if it were up to me, they would not be allowed to own them. It seems like common sense to me that someone who has a medical condition that precludes them from making sound judgements or reason things out should not be allowed to own a gun. Since in these two shootings, Sandy Hook and Roseburg, we have seen what happens when they do.

How many asperger people own firearms?
How many have become.mass murderers?

Id wager. Non.asperger people have been mass murderers more freguent then asperger.

Then again

Most mass murderers are white males...
It seems common sense, to ban white males from owning firearms, lest they too mass murder..
Mmmmmm

Having aspergers does not mean you are not morally sound. It also does not mean you are incapable of making safe decisions. There is no reason someone with aspergers should not be allowed to have guns. Don't base your understanding of it on one friends son. That is a very small sample of a very diverse group.

Having aspergers does not mean you are not morally sound. It also does not mean you are incapable of making safe decisions. There is no reason someone with aspergers should not be allowed to have guns. Don't base your understanding of it on one friends son. That is a very small sample of a very diverse group.

Did you read what you wrote? You said that someone who has aspergers is incapable of making safe decisions and then in the same breath you say there is no reason they should not be allowed to have guns. I think at the very least you should be able to rationalize a clear reason and your decision making should be sound if you are aloud to own a firearm.

I was working at a friends house today and she told me that her nephew has aspergers and is always saying he doesn't and can't get a girlfriend, nobody likes him, and sometimes he just want's to kill somebody. I told her that that was what the OR shooter was saying before he went on his shooting rampage at the college and that maybe she should tell someone about her nephews rants and she told me that her nephew didn't have any guns and she didn't think he was serious. I told her that's what the OR shooters mom said and then told her she needed to tell someone about her nephew. I'm sorry but aspergers and guns don't go together.

Id wager. Non.asperger people have been mass murderers more freguent then asperger.

Then again

It seems common sense, to ban white males from owning firearms, lest they too mass murder..
Mmmmmm

So I guess you don't have a problem with someone who has problems with sound reasoning owning a gun?

Did you read what you wrote? You said that someone who has aspergers is incapable of making safe decisions and then in the same breath you say there is no reason they should not be allowed to have guns. I think at the very least you should be able to rationalize a clear reason and your decision making should be sound if you are aloud to own a firearm.

That's not what I said. "Having aspergers does not mean you are not morally sound."

I was working at a friends house today and she told me that her nephew has aspergers and is always saying he doesn't and can't get a girlfriend, nobody likes him, and sometimes he just want's to kill somebody. I told her that that was what the OR shooter was saying before he went on his shooting rampage at the college and that maybe she should tell someone about her nephews rants and she told me that her nephew didn't have any guns and she didn't think he was serious. I told her that's what the OR shooters mom said and then told her she needed to tell someone about her nephew. I'm sorry but aspergers and guns don't go together.

That's one person. I know it's easy to make assumptions based on the people we know but it's not necessarily reflective of the entire group. There is no scientific basis for what you say and it is incredibly hurtful.

So I guess you don't have a problem with someone who has problems with sound reasoning owning a gun?

What are you basing this on? Why do you think all people with aspergers have no reasoning skills?

I agree with johnnyghost! That is INcorrect that -all- people with Aspberger have no reasoning skills.

Most people I have known or worked with who have either Aspberger or mild to moderate autism have reasoning skills.

seb, that is hurtful and inaccurate overgeneralization

Then again

Mmmmmm
As you have posted, most, not all, mass murderers are white males. In the Oregon case he was a black male.

I think the isolation that both shooters' single moms kept them in might have had some negative influence on them.

The one mom is dead (killed by her son), and the other one seems to be hiding and speaking to no one, so getting that information is difficult.

I can see that imposed isolation can certainly be a factor, especially if it started from a young age.

One of my nieces has Asperger's and she dated a guy that Asperger's too. He has his driving license and a job and has a diving certification .
I can't stand the news media keep saying people that have Asperger's are mentally ill. I send an email to one station calling them out on this and they said they never said that , then I got a second email from the news station saying "They found the news story I was talking about and they DID say Asperger's is a mental illness and they shouldn't had said that .
My niece is one of most morally sound person I know .

:thumb: I think it's good you sent that email to the news station,WDYS!

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_2086.shtml

This is list of some famous people that have Asperger's
Jerry Seinfeld has Asperger's too. There is difference degrees of Asperger's and the personality can be reason they don't have a g/f .
The Oregon shooter could of been a real ass too or he may had never took a bath . There could of been a number reasons he didn't have a g/f .
Maybe his mother didn't allow him to date Who know ...

@ dogmom thank you !

if he was kept isolated, maybe she didn't.... <allow him to date>

the world is full of bizarre things

if he was kept isolated, maybe she didn't.... <allow him to date>

the world is full of bizarre things

Some parents do try to made a child totally depended on them so they won't be all alone . This is very selfish to do a child . Of knew of a father that did this with his daughter .

I agree with johnnyghost! That is INcorrect that -all- people with Aspberger have no reasoning skills.

Most people I have known or worked with who have either Aspberger or mild to moderate autism have reasoning skills.

seb, that is hurtful and inaccurate overgeneralization

I never said that they all lack reasoning skills, but to allow someone to own a gun who has a condition such as aspergers when you don't know if they can reason is wrong and so far at least two shootings and maybe some of the others were also done by people who had aspergers or autism. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but burying your head in the sand is only going to get more people killed by people who should not be allowed to own or use guns and we have at least two mass murderers that prove my point.

I never said that they all lack reasoning skills, but to allow someone to own a gun who has a condition such as aspergers when you don't know if they can reason is wrong and so far at least two shootings and maybe some of the others were also done by people who had aspergers or autism. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but burying your head in the sand is only going to get more people killed by people who should not be allowed to own or use guns and we have at least two mass murderers that prove my point.

Who's burying their head in the sand? Considering as many as 1 in 50 people is on the spectrum having 2 mass murderers is statistically insignificant. There has been a lot of research about this and it all points to you being wrong. There have been a few studies with small sample groups that tried to point in that direction but non of them turned out to hold water. The fact of the matter is people on the spectrum are no more likely then anyone else to go on a rampage.

There are people that do not have Asperger's and own guns and they had use their gun out anger . They lost all the sense of reason in a crime of passion .

Exactly, the phenomena seems to be about the same in both populations.

Is that what i stated?
How is your sound.reading comprehension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back