Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that they all lack reasoning skills, but to allow someone to own a gun who has a condition such as aspergers when you don't know if they can reason is wrong and so far at least two shootings and maybe some of the others were also done by people who had aspergers or autism. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but burying your head in the sand is only going to get more people killed by people who should not be allowed to own or use guns and we have at least two mass murderers that prove my point.

Your full of it.....

And i find your generalizations, and judgments dangerous...

Your taking two cases...one of which your just assuming...the other had so many other issues, i find it telling your just locking onto the supposed aspeger, whike ignoring the rest. and making non valid corralations of mass murdering people as having something to do with aspergers.

Then your branding an entire group of people as potential mass murderers due to your utter bs cause+effect meter..or what ever it is your trying to do to disqualify a segment of the population from owning firearms..

Your comming across as a bigot.
Towards those who are aspergers.
Rather clearly.

Who's burying their head in the sand? Considering as many as 1 in 50 people is on the spectrum having 2 mass murderers is statistically insignificant. There has been a lot of research about this and it all points to you being wrong. There have been a few studies with small sample groups that tried to point in that direction but non of them turned out to hold water. The fact of the matter is people on the spectrum are no more likely then anyone else to go on a rampage.

The only ones I used were the two killings that took place at Sandy Hook by Adam Lanza and at Roseburg, OR by Chris Harper-Mercer. However, the numbers used by the experts on mass murders put the number of killings perpetrated by those with Aspergers/Autism to be 28%, so it's not really statistically insignificant.

As you have posted, most, not all, mass murderers are white males. In the Oregon case he was a black male.
I thought I had read somewhere that he was of mixed race- the pictures I've seen seemed to point to that.

There are people that do not have Asperger's and own guns and they had use their gun out anger . They lost all the sense of reason in a crime of passion .

Yes, but the vast majority of them shoot one person, they don't go into a school and shoot 20 or 30 people.

The only ones I used were the two killings that took place at Sandy Hook by Adam Lanza and at Roseburg, OR by Chris Harper-Mercer. However, the numbers used by the experts on mass murders put the number of killings perpetrated by those with Aspergers/Autism to be 28%, so it's not really statistically insignificant.

I've read the study that the 28% number came from by Allely Glasgow. First you should know that it is a study and not peer reviewed paper and second you should know that it is under a lot of critisism for being missleading. It claims that of the 239 killer 67 where possible autism. The truth is only 6 where diagnosed being nearly identical to the percentage in the general population.

Another interesting fact is the they where 100% male. So by your logic men must not be able to reason?

Yes, but the vast majority of them shoot one person, they don't go into a school and shoot 20 or 30 people.

No they just kill about 9,000 people a year one person at a time. Mass murder is a very very small part of homicide.

I thought I had read somewhere that he was of mixed race- the pictures I've seen seemed to point to that.
I read/heard/saw that his father is white and his mother is black.

What does race have to do with anything ??? What the point in bring this up ????

I can't see what you posted , is this my computer acting weird again??? Did you post a photo of something I can see what you typed .

Got back home and darn! I couldn't find the cartoon POV. Really, it is a drawing showing a shadow with nametag "Murderer" (without head, just body) and there is handgun on ground with smoke emitting from end of gun barrel, there is a news reporter with mic, and he gets his mic closer to handgun instead of Murderer in shadow and asking "WHY?"

The whole point is, its absurd to blame on gun rather than the person who commit such hideous crime. If there is no gun, these same person WILL find a way to commit such crimes, for instance he can buy fertilizer which is perfectly legal, racing fuel or Diesel which is also legal, and rental truck which is also legal to get, those combined made by Timothy McVeigh and used to killed 168 innocent people, not even one handgun was used, not even assault gun were used, not even any kind of firearms used.

Whats even scared is if we ban firearms, we will seeing more bombs being made by these scumbag. Based on my experience, it is very easy to make a bomb, so again if we ban gun, bomb on other hand is illegal but still easy to manufacture.

I believe society needs to redirect the focus on human beings rather than materials used in murders.

The whole point is, its absurd to blame on gun rather than the person who commit such hideous crime. If there is no gun, these same person WILL find a way to commit such crimes, for instance he can buy fertilizer which is perfectly legal, racing fuel or Diesel which is also legal, and rental truck which is also legal to get, those combined made by Timothy McVeigh and used to killed 168 innocent people, not even one handgun was used, not even assault gun were used, not even any kind of firearms used.

Whats even scared is if we ban firearms, we will seeing more bombs being made by these scumbag. Based on my experience, it is very easy to make a bomb, so again if we ban gun, bomb on other hand is illegal but still easy to manufacture.

I believe society needs to redirect the focus on human beings rather than materials used in murders.

This thinking is absurd. Since 2012. there has been laws regulating the sale and transfer of more than 25 pounds of aluminum nitrate that require fertilizer companies and companies selling their products to report people buying anything larger than 25 pounds, so it's not likely to happen. Also you probably have to be thinking rationally to put together a bomb and most of these shooters aren't thinking that way and would probably set off alarms if they were going out and buying large quantities of fertilizer and diesel fuel.

These killers seem to prefer firearms since they are relatively easy and legal to buy, even in Europe where buying a gun is a lot harder than in the US, their mass murderers have preferred the use of a gun, from what I've read on these wackos many psychiatrists say that this is probably because they can see their victims as they are killing them.

You are right in at least one of your thoughts: we do need to redirect are focus on human beings, but we also need to keep those who shouldn't be allowed to buy firearms from getting them and causing more human beings to suffer because someone used a firearm to kill one of their family members.

Russia doesn't have the mass shooting we do but they do have 1.31 mass bombing murders per million people. That compared to out .095 per million deaths by mass shooters.

A few mass murders involving bombs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks 2011
The attacks claimed a total of 77 lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Marathon_bombing 2013
killed 3 people and injured an estimated 264

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster 1927
killed 38 elementary school children and six adults and injured at least 58 other people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing 1995
the bombing killed 168 peoplehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing#cite_note-VictimAges-1 and injured more than 680

This thinking is absurd. Since 2012. there has been laws regulating the sale and transfer of more than 25 pounds of aluminum nitrate that require fertilizer companies and companies selling their products to report people buying anything larger than 25 pounds, so it's not likely to happen. Also you probably have to be thinking rationally to put together a bomb and most of these shooters aren't thinking that way and would probably set off alarms if they were going out and buying large quantities of fertilizer and diesel fuel.

These killers seem to prefer firearms since they are relatively easy and legal to buy, even in Europe where buying a gun is a lot harder than in the US, their mass murderers have preferred the use of a gun, from what I've read on these wackos many psychiatrists say that this is probably because they can see their victims as they are killing them.

You are right in at least one of your thoughts: we do need to redirect are focus on human beings, but we also need to keep those who shouldn't be allowed to buy firearms from getting them and causing more human beings to suffer because someone used a firearm to kill one of their family members.

People buy large amounts of diesel fuel around here all the time (don't need fertilizer if you just want a fire bomb). Or you could just order 250 gal of home heating oil (basically the same thing) delivered to your house. Plus none of the regs stopped the Boston marathon bombers. Bombs aren't that hard to make. People will find a way if they want to.

People buy large amounts of diesel fuel around here all the time (don't need fertilizer if you just want a fire bomb). Or you could just order 250 gal of home heating oil (basically the same thing) delivered to your house. Plus none of the regs stopped the Boston marathon bombers. Bombs aren't that hard to make. People will find a way if they want to.

Exactly, for any desperate measures, there will always find a way to accomplish something regardless, just like "If there is a will there is an A".

Even though 25 or more pounds of fertilizer purchases requires report to ATF, that is a LOOPHOLE, how? One can get away without reporting by buy small quantity over time, from various vendors BAM! Nobody get aware of... somebody got large quantity after all. Simple as is. Also, Fertilizer isn't the only substance needed to make bombs, there are so many ways to make bombs and many of them are perfectly legal and don't require reporting.

Same concept with drugs, when government ban something, there will always be another drug showed up and those scumbags got away with it.

Most of these types of regs are knee jerk reaction to make people feel better.

It's pretty tough to conceal a bomb that weighs more than 2,000 pounds and walk into a classroom or movie theater pulling or carrying it and then setting it off. Your bomb with 250 gallons of home heating oil would weigh in at 1875 pounds and that wouldn't even include the weight of the fertilizer. These mass murderers aren't interested in killing their victims by remote control, they are angry with the people that they feel have wronged them somehow and want to see the terror and pain on their faces when they shoot them. They aren't terrorists, they are mass murderers and worldwide their weapon of choice has been a gun.

Yes that's why they would put it in a truck and drive it into the building in a screaming fit of rage and fire. Plus I have already posted links to mass murderers using bombs so we know it can and will happen.

Look, we can go round and round on this because what they use is just a technical problem. No matter what we outlaw there are plenty of resources around to solve that technical problem. We need to do what we can to find these people before they do this and we need to make our selves hard targets. Right now most schools are sitting ducks and things like this will continue to happen until that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back