Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that none of us can relate to the shooter mind set is good to know.

Could be anything in this case. Who knows what meaning the shooter ascribed to the word.

In regards to occult left hand path, satanist or lucifarian. Contacts. We would have evedence..even if he decided to delete it all, or burn any sigils or pentagrams or magickal working apparatus..

So far as we know...

Nothing of that sort has been found...

Thats not to state no evil entity was involved..generally depressed people are easy prey for such entities...

But group wise...

We dont have any evedence of any contacts between him and occult left hand path lucefarian or satanist (they are different) groups, orders.

In regards to occult left hand path, satanist or lucifarian. Contacts. We would have evedence..even if he decided to delete it all, or burn any sigils or pentagrams or magickal working apparatus..

So far as we know...

Nothing of that sort has been found...

Thats not to state no evil entity was involved..generally depressed people are easy prey for such entities...

But group wise...

We dont have any evedence of any contacts between him and occult left hand path lucefarian or satanist (they are different) groups, orders.
Since he didn't like organized religions and was a loner, I don't think he belonged to any such groups. I mean it in a way that he opened himself up to evil influence.

Just because someone states that they are "spiritual" doesn't always mean it's a good thing.

Since he didn't like organized religions and was a loner, I don't think he belonged to any such groups. I mean it in a way that he opened himself up to evil influence.

Just because someone states that they are "spiritual" doesn't always mean it's a good thing.

Oh in this i agree with you...

How.true...

But

Those who claim.spiritual are more often then not just lazy, or fence.sitters...

It would.be interesting to know.what exactly about organized religion he found lacking..

Doubt we will though...

I don't care much for organized religion.

I am a loner for the most part (and would prefer to be many times).

Does that make me a mass murderer?

The fact that none of us can relate to the shooter mind set is good to know.

Don't be so sure about that.

On some level people in general do relate to others whether or not they are 'good' or 'bad'.

I don't care much for organized religion.

I am a loner for the most part (and would prefer to be many times).

Does that make me a mass murderer?

Don't be so sure about that.

On some level people in general do relate to others whether or not they are 'good' or 'bad'.

You are meeting a profile of of a future mass murderer..
If one day some dude in a duck outfit starts blowing away kids.....
Ill know......
Mmmmmmmm.........

Praying for the families

Really? Do you have the clue on how many guns are in possession by private?

Do you think outlaws will obey the laws?

Congrats on America as being number one, and highest in the world with number of prisoners current in prisons. Why is this happening?

The real problems begins AT school, thats where we need to take a look, what cause kids to grow up like madman, root out the cause, thats where it will help reduce the number of madman later on. We can not eliminate entirely. We will always have at least 1 bad apple in every direction of our lives. Gun control is really meaningless, and dangerous.

Yes, I do know how many guns are out there, to many, since every man, women and child could each have a gun in the US with more left over. The problem is not at the school, I love you people who constantly say it's the schools responsibility to raise their kids and find out what makes them tick! IT'S NOT THE SCHOOLS JOB TO DO THIS, IT IS AT THE HOME! If parents and family members and even neighbors don't alert authorities or get their family members the mental health help they need and keep guns out of the houses with people who are mentally ill or deranged then these shootings will continue.
The current gun laws are obviously not working either since these wackos continuously are buying guns and using them against helpless victims.

Yes, I do know how many guns are out there, to many, since every man, women and child could each have a gun in the US with more left over. The problem is not at the school, I love you people who constantly say it's the schools responsibility to raise their kids and find out what makes them tick! IT'S NOT THE SCHOOLS JOB TO DO THIS, IT IS AT THE HOME! If parents and family members and even neighbors don't alert authorities or get their family members the mental health help they need and keep guns out of the houses with people who are mentally ill or deranged then these shootings will continue.
The current gun laws are obviously not working either since these wackos continuously are buying guns and using them against helpless victims.

The wackos would juat aquire the guns illegality...i fail to see how law obiding citezens aquiring and owning guns is the cause to wackos murdering innicent folks
So
Pls
Explain

Things is one would not know a wacko..those very obviously wacko would be in treatment.i would think psycpaths be ones or those neurotic about being shot and chances of that remote..
I against ease get guns but it never going stop this sort of things sadly ,but I do agree society should look at themselves and yes it not schools job teach this sort of thing except by example teachers are parents too they as much as joe blogs show what's right and wrong.

I can't see what you posted , is this my computer acting weird again??? Did you post a photo of something I can see what you typed .
Im currently out of town, and this dumbphone sucks when it comes to copy n paste. Will fix when back home.

I have to disagree, because school is best spot, teacher and others could easily recongize ine acts unusual when it comes to interact with society, its impossible at home.

Secondly, I just look in history of mental hospital funds, budget timeline and school shooting timeline, it seems to paralled with each other, first school shooting was in 1927, then jn 1966, then in 1974, then few during 80's after Reaganomics cuts budget for those with mental illness, prison skyrocket during 80's and on, then more cuts, we saw more massacres at school.
Lastly, we can not blame exclusively on parents, many may not have their real parents, like they died, divorced, etc and have child going though system which can have impact on them so how can parents be responsible? Remember all kids are require to go school, thats where the early intervention is possible, without them, we see what we saw.

Teachers can sometime be more objective about a student , some parents refuse to think there could be anything wrong with their child. It would do no harm for a teacher to try and see if a child has something going on in their life and causing a child to be withdrawal . I agree this should at start home but sadly it does not always work that way . This is why we have child protective services , and teachers can call them if they think something is wrong. The shooter that Newtown didn't buy any guns he used his mother
guns. His mother was trying to get her son committed into a pys ward but she had to go to court to do this and that can take about 30 days
to happen. There is a problem with this .

"If parents and family members and even neighbors don't alert authorities or get their family members the mental health help they need and keep guns out of the houses with people who are mentally ill or deranged then these shootings will continue. "
Some of the shooters has or had Asperger's and the news keep calling this a mental illness and that is not true . You can have Asperger's and also be mentally ill. If could end up having neighbors reporting the child next door is mentally ill and there are guns in the house and the child
has Asperger's . I am worried all this talk about kids with Asperger's
could start panic with people .

I have to disagree, because school is best spot, teacher and others could easily recongize ine acts unusual when it comes to interact with society, its impossible at home.

Secondly, I just look in history of mental hospital funds, budget timeline and school shooting timeline, it seems to paralled with each other, first school shooting was in 1927, then jn 1966, then in 1974, then few during 80's after Reaganomics cuts budget for those with mental illness, prison skyrocket during 80's and on, then more cuts, we saw more massacres at school.
Lastly, we can not blame exclusively on parents, many may not have their real parents, like they died, divorced, etc and have child going though system which can have impact on them so how can parents be responsible? Remember all kids are require to go school, thats where the early intervention is possible, without them, we see what we saw.

Teachers are already required to report possible child abuse and neglect, as well as mental issues if they suspect one, but they are not psychiatrists and they have many children per day; middle or high school teachers can have 150 or more per day, so for them to catch a child's mental health condition is iffy at best unless it is very apparent. However, parents,relative, friends or neighbors are more apt to notice a change in behavior and report them for a mental health check or hold. Having taught school I always got a kick out of parents who told me teaching their kids manners and social graces was my responsibility as well as teaching them what I was supposed to teach them. My job was to provide a safe environment and teach them what I was being paid to teach them, not teach them what their parents should of been teaching them. I had the child for an hour per day, their parents had them for roughly 16 hours each day and should be able to spot something not being right with their child.

As to school or theater, shootings many come from homes of divorced parents as the Roseburg, shooter was and many had parents that taught their kids who later became mass murderers to shoot guns as was the case in Sandy Hook, Roseburg, Co. etc. So yes, you can blame the parents. Bringing a gun into a house that has a child with mental problems is basically playing with fire.

. . . Having taught school I always got a kick out of parents who told me teaching their kids manners and social graces was my responsibility as well as teaching them what I was supposed to teach them....
That's amazing. I would expect the kids to already have manners before they started school. That's something kids should learn at home early on. At best, the school should reinforce and support that early training but certainly not be expected to teach it from scratch.

That's amazing. I would expect the kids to already have manners before they started school. That's something kids should learn at home early on. At best, the school should reinforce and support that early training but certainly not be expected to teach it from scratch.

Yes, when I was teaching I had at least several parents each year tell me it was my job to teach their child manners and how to behave in public as well as in class. Sad to say, several of these children grew up to either die young or go on to spend time in prison, and I'm sure their parents blamed the educational system for the fact that their child became a criminal.

Teachers can sometime be more objective about a student , some parents refuse to think there could be anything wrong with their child. It would do no harm for a teacher to try and see if a child has something going on in their life and causing a child to be withdrawal . I agree this should at start home but sadly it does not always work that way . This is why we have child protective services , and teachers can call them if they think something is wrong. The shooter that Newtown didn't buy any guns he used his mother
guns. His mother was trying to get her son committed into a pys ward but she had to go to court to do this and that can take about 30 days
to happen. There is a problem with this .

"If parents and family members and even neighbors don't alert authorities or get their family members the mental health help they need and keep guns out of the houses with people who are mentally ill or deranged then these shootings will continue. "
Some of the shooters has or had Asperger's and the news keep calling this a mental illness and that is not true . You can have Asperger's and also be mentally ill. If could end up having neighbors reporting the child next door is mentally ill and there are guns in the house and the child
has Asperger's . I am worried all this talk about kids with Asperger's
could start panic with people .

Yes, teachers can play a role, but once they fill out the papers or make the call and are then told they have paperwork to fill out for anything to be done and they do it, it then takes months for any action to be taken. I had to report a student for parental neglect and it took almost four months before the state came to the school to start the investigation. In most states parents can commit a family member for a 72 hour psychiatric hold and it doesn't take 30 days, but just a call to the public health officials and they can be held against their will almost immediately.

Adam Lanza is the only one I am aware of that had Aspergers as well as OCD and possible undiagnosed schizophrenia. His mother took him off his medication and even though her son had some serious issues still taught him to shoot and he had free access to the guns she kept in the house. Other shooters also had family members or friends who knew their children or friends had mental problems but did nothing to alert authorities about the shooters threats or actions prior to the shootings.

The problem hear is there are usually "red flags" and nobody does anything and families that have guns in the house don't keep them out of the hands of these individuals who need obvious help.

Yes, teachers can play a role, but once they fill out the papers or make the call and are then told they have paperwork to fill out for anything to be done and they do it, it then takes months for any action to be taken. I had to report a student for parental neglect and it took almost four months before the state came to the school to start the investigation. In most states parents can commit a family member for a 72 hour psychiatric hold and it doesn't take 30 days, but just a call to the public health officials and they can be held against their will almost immediately.

Adam Lanza is the only one I am aware of that had Aspergers as well as OCD and possible undiagnosed schizophrenia. His mother took him off his medication and even though her son had some serious issues still taught him to shoot and he had free access to the guns she kept in the house. Other shooters also had family members or friends who knew their children or friends had mental problems but did nothing to alert authorities about the shooters threats or actions prior to the shootings.

The problem hear is there are usually "red flags" and nobody does anything and families that have guns in the house don't keep them out of the hands of these individuals who need obvious help.

I read somewhere that the Oregon shooter has Asperger's too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssault-rifle-THREE-pistols-used-massacre.html

'Welcomed in Hell and embraced by the devil': Details of twisted letter left behind by Oregon college gunman as it's revealed he had Asperger's and was kicked out of the Army in 2008
Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, left the twisted letter behind before the massacre
Officials who have seen the note say he wrote that he 'had no life'
Also complained about not having girlfriend and felt world was against him
He had Asperger's Syndrome, according to online posts by his mother
Shooter attended Switzer Center - a high school for special needs students
People in his class say he had obsession with drawing skulls and coffins
Mercer was discharged from the Army in 2008 after just 5 weeks' training
Oregon college gunman had 13 weapons in total, all owned legally
He had an assault rifle and five pistols on him during the college attack
A shotgun, four rifles and two more pistols were found in his apartment
He was carrying a flak jacket with steel plates and more ammunition
Mercer killed at least nine people and wounded 20 before being shot dead " This is from the link I posted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssault-rifle-THREE-pistols-used-massacre.html

'Welcomed in Hell and embraced by the devil': Details of twisted letter left behind by Oregon college gunman as it's revealed he had Asperger's and was kicked out of the Army in 2008
Mercer killed at least nine people and wounded 20 before being shot dead " This is from the link I posted.

Also the shooter complain that he have no girlfriends. It make me wonder that he got reject by girls who are Christian and prefer date the same brief?

So at least two mass murderers have had Aspergers. A good friends son has Aspergers and from what I have seen concerning his reasoning skills, I would not want to see him own a firearm and would go so far as to say, people who have children with Aspergers should not have guns in their houses and if it were up to me, people with Aspergers would not be allowed to own them. It seems like common sense to me that someone who has a medical condition that precludes them from making sound judgements or reason things out as a normal person would should not be allowed to own a gun. Since we have seen with these two shootings, Sandy Hook and Roseburg, what can happen when they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back