Oralists gone wild...............

That cheaper location might be next door. Or even on campus. :lol: Might also be cheaper to flatten the buildings and build new. Reno on old buildings is often more than building new.

Bold - that's very true because UAB rather to demolish the old building (even 60's/70's) because it is cheaper to build a new building with better, updated building code and more efficient for students.

The student union building (built in 1983) at UAB will be demolish in around 2015 because this building had many flawed design and very inefficient, also major renovation is very expensive, so they only made small renovation like paint and change the carpet, that all before demolish.

Ok, I got it now and my bad about mistake. :cool2:

Just curious, does hearing aid still work for you? I know it did worked for some deaf people, but not anymore.
Haven't you seen a video of Jiro giving a speech or lecture shown somewhere in AD? I did and I knew that he's REALLY deaf (and dumb?).

yes it's aight. a powerful one. I am severe-profound

Cool, I have old powerful hearing aids (Phonak - 20+ years old) in storage and it no longer work anymore due to profound deaf (total deafness).

Cool, I have old powerful hearing aids (Phonak - 20+ years old) in storage and it no longer work anymore due to profound deaf (total deafness).

I'll probably get there when I get older. not a huge loss for me.

I'll probably get there when I get older. not a huge loss for me.

That's true, no loss - not make any difference, except for hearing aids won't help anymore, but I accept the deafness, despite about communication issues.

My good, black friend, the classmate in my class at high school, he was HoH and hearing aid did worked very well, but he moved to profound deaf after graduated at 21 years old and hearing aids didn't work anymore. Sadly, I found out that he died from rare, heart issue, right after car accident 3 years ago. :(

That's true, no loss - not make any difference, except for hearing aids won't help anymore, but I accept the deafness, despite about communication issues.

My good, black friend, the classmate in my class at high school, he was HoH and hearing aid did worked very well, but he moved to profound deaf after graduated at 21 years old and hearing aids didn't work anymore. Sadly, I found out that he died from rare, heart issue, right after car accident 3 years ago. :(

sorry to hear.

depending on situation in the future, I may opt for newer version of CI assuming that it's completely different from current technology. but at this point right now... I don't see any needs to restore my hearing if using HA is useless.

Yeah, that's him! ^^^^

yea that's what it's like when I'm trying to lip-read a hard-to-lipread person after repeatedly telling him that I'm deeeeeeaaaaaaafffff :roll:

sorry to hear.

depending on situation in the future, I may opt for newer version of CI assuming that it's completely different from current technology. but at this point right now... I don't see any needs to restore my hearing if using HA is useless.

Oh I see, I had CI and it is very, very old, but it don't work anymore due to malfunction in implant area. It need to be re-implant with newer device but not interested right now because not want more ugly scar on my head and not want deal with nasty pain after surgery.

yea that's what it's like when I'm trying to lip-read a hard-to-lipread person after repeatedly telling him that I'm deeeeeeaaaaaaafffff :roll:
:lol: You are very cute in that video. Anyway beside that video, do you still have another video of yourself somewhere in AD or not for Foxrac to see in reality?

Wow, my speech is TERRIBLE!!! and just talk like crazy vampire.

Oh shit, 113 pages so Foxrac, good luck finding it. Jiro, were you giving a lecture about finances or something like that? I don't recall.

I filtered it out but nearly 300 posts to left.

What is date whichever you remember? I tried keyword "video", "speech" and "deaf" to shorten the list, but no luck.

I filtered it out but nearly 300 posts to left.

What is date whichever you remember? I tried keyword "video", "speech" and "deaf" to shorten the list, but no luck.

nope... don't even remember it. probably from last year or 2 years ago :dunno:

Back