Observation

I'm not upset. And I just took a break to have a Christmas cookie and a hazelnut latte. Regarding what she said, just the same old thing of calling me names, etc. Certainly nothing to get upset about.

I meant FJ being upset. I know YOU don't get ticked that easily! :wave:

I wonder if it was a protest like those protests that took place at the places where AGBad meetings were held?

:hmm: Maybe. Those were very mild compared to what we have been led to believe is going in in Utah. The Bi-Bi Coalition certainly was not putting children in danger or attacking parents either verbally or physically. Their whole concern is the children, so to even think that they would turn against kids is a reach.

I know, but since a school was targeted, and the topic is fighitng audism... I want to know what methods were invoked.

Me, too. This could be serious. And I, for one, don't want hearing people to believe that all deaf people are a bunch of savages that would endanger the children.

:hmm: Maybe. Those were very mild compared to what we have been led to believe is going in in Utah. The Bi-Bi Coalition certainly was not putting children in danger or attacking parents either verbally or physically. Their whole concern is the children, so to even think that they would turn against kids is a reach.

So the kids will never know what was said and thought about their parents?

I doubt that, and I think it surely will impact these kids.

Unless like a group of the kids in Sheila's generation are just laughing about it, as it really did work for them. :aw:

I meant FJ being upset. I know YOU don't get ticked that easily! :wave:

From what I gather, she is upset because she believes that we, on AD, have been attacking her daughter with vile comments and threats. :dunno:

So the kids will never know what was said and thought about their parents?

I doubt that, and I think it surely will impact these kids.

Unless like a group of the kids in Sheila's generation are just laughing about it, as it really did work for them. :aw:

Exactly. Which is why I stated that children's safety was an issue. If these attacks on oral schools are going on, we all need to do something about it.

Okay.
I am not paying that much attention to this thread anyway, lol.

At one time, it was a serious discussion of educational methods. But now, it has turned to a serious discussion of attacks on oral schools. I just wish we had documentation of all these attacks. Children being attacked is certainly no laughing matter.

At one time, it was a serious discussion of educational methods. But now, it has turned to a serious discussion of attacks on oral schools. I just wish we had documentation of all these attacks. Children being attacked is certainly no laughing matter.

Oh, I don't mean to imply any lack of interest on my part, lol. I was busy taking apart and gathering all the copper, ACR radiators and compressors from old air conditioners and selling them to a recycling center. I got a couple hundred bucks, so it was worth it.
As for the attacks, don't believe it. Certainly there would be at least rumors concerning them in the deaf community. Ho hum.

Oh, I don't mean to imply any lack of interest on my part, lol. I was busy taking apart and gathering all the copper, ACR radiators and compressors from old air conditioners and selling them to a recycling center. I got a couple hundred bucks, so it was worth it.
As for the attacks, don't believe it. Certainly there would be at least rumors concerning them in the deaf community. Ho hum.

Wow! A very profitable morning for you. Congrats!

Yeah, I am completely puzzled as to why this is not general knowledge.

Wow...you log off for a bit, and a huge firestorm ignites.:shock:
Faire joure I simply want to respond to a couple of things. You have REPEATLY said that your daughter can hear really well with her CI. You have ALSO said that her expressive language IS very significently delayed! I do not understand why you got so angry about that.
Second of all, yes some of the hoh kids who are mainstreamed might do better in a formal oral deaf program. But you're still missing that a lot of HOH kids are very visually perceptive. Visual perception is a STRENGH for them. So instead of being in a program where they could be BILINGAL and using their strenghs, as well as getting traditional hoh interventions (b/c virtually ALL oral deaf interventions ARE basicly hoh interventions)
they're in a program which amounts to an eternal speech/spoken language session.
AND, I never said or implied that you should do what jillo said. ALL I was saying is that it can be VERY hard to learn a new language AND new content at the same time.
The only thing I would suggest is perhaps moving to a different state that has a really good Deaf school with proper oral supports.
They DO exist you know.
Faire joure I've said this before, and I'll say it again. A HUGE part of your anger isn't about what Deaf people think should happen to dhh kids educationally.....it comes from your severe anxiety if your daughter will develop sophiscated spoken language.
Yes, there are some people who believe that deaf kids should be unaided/unCId and go voice off with only survival spoken language.....but they are in the MINORITY even WITHIN the Deaf culture!

Wow...you log off for a bit, and a huge firestorm ignites.:shock:
Faire joure I simply want to respond to a couple of things. You have REPEATLY said that your daughter can hear really well with her CI. You have ALSO said that her expressive language IS very significently delayed! I do not understand why you got so angry about that.
Second of all, yes some of the hoh kids who are mainstreamed might do better in a formal oral deaf program. But you're still missing that a lot of HOH kids are very visually perceptive. Visual perception is a STRENGH for them. So instead of being in a program where they could be BILINGAL and using their strenghs, as well as getting traditional hoh interventions (b/c virtually ALL oral deaf interventions ARE basicly hoh interventions)
they're in a program which amounts to an eternal speech/spoken language session.
AND, I never said or implied that you should do what jillo said. ALL I was saying is that it can be VERY hard to learn a new language AND new content at the same time.
The only thing I would suggest is perhaps moving to a different state that has a really good Deaf school with proper oral supports.
They DO exist you know.
Faire joure I've said this before, and I'll say it again. A HUGE part of your anger isn't about what Deaf people think should happen to dhh kids educationally.....it comes from your severe anxiety if your daughter will develop sophiscated spoken language.
Yes, there are some people who believe that deaf kids should be unaided/unCId and go voice off with only survival spoken language.....but they are in the MINORITY even WITHIN the Deaf culture!

DD, I don't know if you are being intentionally obtuse, or if you really don't understand. Why does it take a hearing child 7 years to get to the language of a 7 year old? Because they need exposure and time to learn language. But they hear well?!?!? So what! A child who is implanted may also hear well, but they need time to learn the language. So, if a child was implanted 2 years ago, and they have gained 4 years worth of language in those two years, that is actually excellent. That is a gain of 200% of average. It takes time to learn language. If a child was not exposed to or had access to a language, they are starting from scratch with that language. It takes time to learn and become fluent, regardless of what language it is.

As for your comments about me...that's great, thanks for the input.

Got any links yet to those news reports of the attacks on oral schools by deaf extremists? We are all waiting. This is an issue of concern for us, and we can find nothing re: that topic in any news archives.

Back