Observation

Yea, I can understand the Deaf community being vocal against CIs in children. Heck there are even hearing people who are against it but to go out of their way to target the parents and the kids school? That's extreme and if that is what's happening in Utah with the Deaf community there, then they need to be held accountable for these actions. Maybe you should contact anyone from the Utah Deaf community and inquire to what is going on? I dont know anyone in the Deaf community who lives in Utah.

I didn't say that it was happening in Utah. I have been very clear that our local Deaf community has been very accepting and open.

Well, some people need to spend an evening or more in prison if they are targeting children at their schools.

Well, some people need to spend an evening or more in prison if they are targeting children at their schools.

If a bunch of fanatics targeted your school because you had students that wear CIs, wouldn't someone call the police? I would think everyone would be reaching for their phone.

If a bunch of fanatics targeted your school because you had students that wear CIs, wouldn't someone call the police? I would think everyone would be reaching for their phone.

Oh yes, the police would be called because children's safety comes first whether they have CIs or not. Luckily, the Deaf community here is not that crazy.

Oh yes, the police would be called because children's safety comes first whether they have CIs or not. Luckily, the Deaf community here is not that crazy.

Thank God, not here, either. And I thought Utah was a God fearing state.

Maybe they are doing it because it is an oral school, and not directly because of the CIs, does that make it acceptable? They are just "fighting audism".

Maybe they are doing it because it is an oral school, and not directly because of the CIs, does that make it acceptable? They are just "fighting audism".

Still, why hasn't someone called the police? Children's safety should be the utmost concern.

Which oral school did this occur at? I'd like to find out more about these events.

You really should do something about that explosive anger of yours. I worry about the safety of your family members.

I'm not sure what she said because she's on my ignore list. (Therefore, I'm quoting you), but if she is that upset, maybe she should try using the ignore feature? Might help her with reigning in some of that hostility, yes?

I will attest that it's very difficult to see some of the comments on here and hold back from responding, but, using ignore helps. So, does just bouncing from the forum for 5-10 mins. I've done this countless of times. *shrug*

I'm not sure what she said because she's on my ignore list. (Therefore, I'm quoting you), but if she is that upset, maybe she should try using the ignore feature? Might help her with reigning in some of that hostility, yes?

I will attest that it's very difficult to see some of the comments on here and hold back from responding, but, using ignore helps. So, does just bouncing from the forum for 5-10 mins. I've done this countless of times. *shrug*

I'm not upset. And I just took a break to have a Christmas cookie and a hazelnut latte. Regarding what she said, just the same old thing of calling me names, etc. Certainly nothing to get upset about.

You know, if oral schools are being targeted for formal protests and attacks, this fits right in with the discussion on education that this thread was about. I have honestly not heard any reports of anything like that, either formally or through the grapevine. But if it is occurring, it certainly is something that warrants not only our attention, but legal attention as well.

You know, if oral schools are being targeted for formal protests and attacks, this fits right in with the discussion on education that this thread was about. I have honestly not heard any reports of anything like that, either formally on through the grapevine. But if it is occurring, it certainly is something that warrants not only our attention, but legal attention as well.

I wonder if it was a protest like those protests that took place at the places where AGBad meetings were held?

I'm not upset. And I just took a break to have a Christmas cookie and a hazelnut latte. Regarding what she said, just the same old thing of calling me names, etc. Certainly nothing to get upset about.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I believe Ocean was asking why is FJ upset?

I can certainly see why.

Back