Observation

Unfortunately, the response will likely be to avoid this forum, and possibly, by extension, to assume that this arena reflects the deaf community -- which it doesn't -- and many with a burgeoning interest in ASL will find tolerant, open-minded, and welcoming arms among those pursuing other means of communicating with and educating their children.

It doesn't?
Fooled me.

You are vile. I tried ignoring your hateful comments but you are too disgusting. You don't know how to be civil even for a moment. our goal is simply to vomit hate on anyone who disagrees with you until they can't stand it anymore, and just leave. Apparently you got Rockdrummer, and I know that others have left the site because of your despicable behavior. I wonder what you get out of this horrific hate-filled behavior?

You really should do something about that explosive anger of yours. I worry about the safety of your family members.

That's what I was thinking too... I'm honestly wondering where the personal attacks towards little miss kat is coming from.

All most of us are against is the oral-only philosophy and how audist views hurt deaf children. Is that considered an attack on children with CIs? In my opinion, far far from it.

I was sad to see him go. But I don't think it was Jillio that "got him".

:laugh2: Looks like someone is missing something, huh. But hey, someone has to be the bad guy. I got appointed because I am hearing and take a deaf perspective. They can't lash out at the deaf that say the same thing, because that would make them look like audists.:giggle: It pisses hearing people off around here when I don't take their side.:P

I don't believe I've ever seen that...

Here, or at all? It happens every day. There are parents of CI users (and parents) that have been threatened, theire childrens schools have been targeted, they are called names, and as I have said before, I had a Deaf person tell me that he hoped CI kids ended up with brain damage so that prents would stop implanting.

And over what??? Why would someone do those things if they actually cared about the kids? Clearly they don't. It is about being right, not about the kids.

All most of us are against is the oral-only philosophy and how audist views hurt deaf children. Is that considered an attack on children with CIs? In my opinion, far far from it.

Nope. If anything, it is disagreement with audist parents. It is a defense of the children.

Here, or at all? It happens every day. There are parents of CI users (and parents) that have been threatened, theire childrens schools have been targeted, they are called names, and as I have said before, I had a Deaf person tell me that he hoped CI kids ended up with brain damage so that prents would stop implanting.

And over what??? Why would someone do those things if they actually cared about the kids? Clearly they don't. It is about being right, not about the kids.

I live with a CI user, I am friends with CI users, etc.. I honestly havent seen that, or even heard of violence towards them. They mentioned people telling them "I'm against people with CI's"... they are like "so" and it all falls apart right there for the other party.

I live with a CI user, I am friends with CI users, etc.. I honestly havent seen that, or even heard of violence towards them. They mentioned people telling them "I'm against people with CI's"... they are like "so" and it all falls apart right there for the other party.

I have never witnessed any violence towards any of the children with CIs by the Deaf community here. Something must be horrible with the Deaf community in Utah. Wow

And those are adult users. Parents of children with CIs are often still targeted. Just because it hasn't happen to you, doesn't mean that it isn't happening to them.

I have never witnessed any violence towards any of the children with CIs by the Deaf community here. Something must be horrible with the Deaf community in Utah. Wow

Kinda makes me want to go over there and conduct a Sicko type interview with the deaf community there. Interview the parents of CI children to see if there has been this extent of violence...

And those are adult users. Parents of children with CIs are often still targeted. Just because it hasn't happen to you, doesn't mean that it isn't happening to them.

Up for a video interview? I'll gladly come there. Show me the people who have endured such violence and I'll document it.

Link to the news reports, please. If a bunch of fanatics are attacking kids outside their school, surely the police were called and the news crews showed up.

Exaggerate much?

Kinda makes me want to go over there and conduct a Sicko type interview with the deaf community there. Interview the parents of CI children to see if there has been this extent of violence...

Yea, I can understand the Deaf community being vocal against CIs in children. Heck there are even hearing people who are against it but to go out of their way to target the parents and the kids school? That's extreme and if that is what's happening in Utah with the Deaf community there, then they need to be held accountable for these actions. Maybe you should contact anyone from the Utah Deaf community and inquire to what is going on? I dont know anyone in the Deaf community who lives in Utah.

Link to the news reports, please. If a bunch of fanatics are attacking kids outside their school, surely the police were called and the news crews showed up.

Exaggerate much?

I said that their schools were targeted, not that they were attacked. Read much?

Up for a video interview? I'll gladly come there. Show me the people who have endured such violence and I'll document it.

Maybe do a co-op project with Michael Moore. This is a serious situation. It amazes me that the police and the news crews are just ignoring it.

Back