Obesity= A very serous topic

Looks like RS is in spotlight, thinking he is right, and hopefully somebody would join him in his spotlight! Thats too bad no one except miss P is willing to join him.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
2 miles.... but I used from 5.0 to 6.0 level, it is like walking uphill
and speed from 2.0 to 2.3 mph

I was walking walking walking walking walking for an 1 hour.

The white young nice shape man next to me, was running on threadmill
I think he used speed about 5.0 mph with 0.0 level (flat land)
he was on that for 15 minutes... and he lost 283 calories.....
He stopped, cause he was tired after that.

So why I wanna run for 15 minutes, when I can walk for an hour and
lose more calories, without being tired.

It wasn't boring when I walked for an hour, cause they had 8 televisions
with CNN, FoxNews, and other channels...
So all I had to do is walk while I watched tv... it was cool.
I wonder if you turn out to be as hot as Chessika? :naughty:

....proably not. :roll:

Attachments

• Chessika.jpg
    Chessika.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 8
ravensteve1961 said:
If you saw that documentry how a guy eat at mc donalds for 1 month how just how bad and dangerous his health turn by just eatting at mc donalds you would agree we need laws against sugar & salt products.He was in perfect health in the begining and weighed only 185 LBS and weighed 211 in 30 days in an experment he only ate at mc donalds.So watch the movie called "Super Size me" ok?

I saw this, and you know what I got from it? Not a damn thing I didn't already know! First of all, fast food is unhealthy. Any moron with half a brain cell knows this. Second of all, he was eating everything in "Supersized" portions; hence the title "Supersize me". So, what this tells me is this... If you eat McDs for a month in those exact portions, you will probably gain weight and it would seem, you will also screw up your liver while you're at it. Therefore, it is probably a good idea to limit consumption of fast food and watch your food choices.

Doing this probably won't solve the obesity problem in this country, but it would help. Also, obesity is complicated problem for many of us. It's not just about one thing or another, but has many causations and factors going into it. You can't rely on the government to solve this problem. Chances are, the government will find a way to screw it up. We've had the "food police" screaming at us for years to ban food they've demonized. Has this helped?

It's all goes back to personal responsibilty and what we decide to put into our mouths. It's up to us to solve this problem for ourselves with the methods that work best for us. Not the "food police", or the government.

This is a free country. This is not a Communist country. People have their own choices and personal responibilities of their own. Sugar was used for cooking such as baking cookes, brownies, cakes, and many other uses for food. Salt is good for preventing goiter. Sometime we need salt for our bodies. They have choices either get a regular meal or getting a supersized dinner. Obesity can happens if it is genetics. Or people just lazy not doing excercises. Maybe people dont have time to excercise. Excercises help burn off calories in their bodies. If they dont excercise then they will just burn off just a little which it is not alot. You might slowly gain weight. It is possible people who drink beers can cause gain weight cuz some men have beer belly. There are various of reason for obesity. If you dont have diabetic and you keep gaining weight, this will lead to diabetic later in life. Sugar and salt had been around for many years. People in the past still used them since they discovered salt or suger. Did they ban on salt or sugar in the past? I dont really think so. I would say that this is getting silly. If you suggest that in US Congress or in US Supreme Court, I bet they would laugh it off and throw away the bill and never see again brought up in Congress or Supreme Court. Like I said, people have their own personal choices and their own responibilities on whether they take care of their own bodies or not. They have choices either excercise or not to excercise on the lack of not finding the time (or busy) or just plain lazy. United State are going thru the time of rush of their busy lives. Some of them dont have time to spend time with their loved ones. Even their families. Lot of people out there had 2 or 3 jobs which they dont have time to take a break. They need to earn money to pay off bills, rents, mortages, and lot of fiancial reason to help pay off. Economy is not that great here, but people been busy and had no time to take a break and excercise. There are other reason US had higher percent of obesity. You need to make more research on that and make sure the fact are true or not before you post it here on AD. RS, is that why you mad about that cuz you went to doctor and told you to back off on salt and sugar or you just want to boycott salt and sugar out of U.S.?? What is your reason on banning huh? I dont think it gonna help you to ban such things like that. Oh well :dunno:

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Yeah, Resturants using Salt and Sugar are killing their customers.
They don't care if their customers ever come back, their old customers probably all in the hospital (paying medical bill), all they want is new customers so that they can affect their health as well.

Maybe I should go down to McDonald's and shove salt and sugar
in one of the manager's mouth, and see if he likes that!!!

Even popcorn on the store shelves, look at the label on the box,
600 sodium!!!!

That is why drug company owners are so rich now, cause they
are selling blood pressure and diabetic pills to many folks nowadays.

diabetes is NOT just the foods you eat, but also it's genetidc as well! Diabetes run in my family and look at me! I'm at risk of it!

tegumi said:
People like RS and Miss P never take responsibility for their actions, they always have to blame it on someone else, Im glad you cant sue McDonalds, because if people are stupid enough to not limit themselves and stupid enough to eat sooo much fast food that they plug their arteries and kill themselves, then I think McDonalds deserves their business. :)
:eek: thank you1 you hit it dead on! They think that with every bad decision they make, they head straight for someone to blame it on and expect to be rewarded for it. :scoffs: they don't know how to take responsibility for their decisions. Give me a break!

deaf24fan said:
About making laws on sugar and etc... would you like your government arresting your dear old grandmother for baking cookies and sweets for her grandchildren?
Well, if we take ravensteve literally (what a scary thought :Ohno: ), he wants to make sugar and salt controlled substances. Since he doesn’t specify what type of sugar he’s talking about (like he really knows himself) we must assume that he wants to ban sucrose (table sugar) and fructose (fruit sugar). So apparently Stevo wants to make all fruit illegal in addition to refined sugar. So yes, Granny’s gonna be doing lap dances for the north block glee club if she whips up a batch of cookies. But it really doesn’t matter, because we’re all going to be dead in a few days from hyponatremia. Yes folks, ravensteve wants to ban sodium—a mineral that we can’t exist without. Real fucking rocket scientist there. All living organisms contain sodium—even bacteria. With the exception of refined foods such as table sugar and refined vegetable oils, everything you eat has sodium in it. So we’re all going to die when ravensteve’s master plan is enacted. Whom are we going to sue then?

Levonian said:
Well, if we take ravensteve literally (what a scary thought :Ohno: ), he wants to make sugar and salt controlled substances. Since he doesn’t specify what type of sugar he’s talking about (like he really knows himself) we must assume that he wants to ban sucrose (table sugar) and fructose (fruit sugar). So apparently Stevo wants to make all fruit illegal in addition to refined sugar. So yes, Granny’s gonna be doing lap dances for the north block glee club if she whips up a batch of cookies. But it really doesn’t matter, because we’re all going to be dead in a few days from hyponatremia. Yes folks, ravensteve wants to ban sodium—a mineral that we can’t exist without. Real fucking rocket scientist there. All living organisms contain sodium—even bacteria. With the exception of refined foods such as table sugar and refined vegetable oils, everything you eat has sodium in it. So we’re all going to die when ravensteve’s master plan is enacted. Whom are we going to sue then?

Him? :eek2:

Levonian said:

How about we sue the food police for telling us what to do?

:rofl:

OK..All kidding aside, we all know Raven spouts retoric without knowing what he is talking about. So, why are we even giving him the time of day here? Obesity is *not* something you can regulate, and we all know it. You're not gonna solve it by banning foods. In order to solve the problem, we are going to have to get honest with ourselves, and do what we need to to get healthy. For some, that may simply mean eating less and exercising more. For others, it may mean being helped by a doctor. For still others, it might mean dealing with emotional issues on top of diet and exercise. It boils down to US. We aren't going to be healthy unless and until we take responsibilty for ourselves and make the changes necessary for health!

Raven, it's already been said ....You appear to be a Republican, which is actually supports less governmental intrusion; yet you support Big Brother being up our asses all of a sudden. What gives?

Oceanbreeze said:
How about we sue the food police for telling us what to do?

:rofl:

OK..All kidding aside, we all know Raven spouts retoric without knowing what he is talking about. So, why are we even giving him the time of day here? Obesity is *not* something you can regulate, and we all know it. You're not gonna solve it by banning foods. In order to solve the problem, we are going to have to get honest with ourselves, and do what we need to to get healthy. For some, that may simply mean eating less and exercising more. For others, it may mean being helped by a doctor. For still others, it might mean dealing with emotional issues on top of diet and exercise. It boils down to US. We aren't going to be healthy unless and until we take responsibilty for ourselves!

Raven, it's already been said ....You appear to be a Republican, which is actually supports less governmental intrusion; yet you support Big Brother being up our asses all of a sudden. What gives?

I agree with ya that we all have to be honest with ourselves. Also you have will power to show that you can do it by losing weight. Will power is very important for everybody.

Yea!!! Willpower is important parts of our lives, it helps things going and brings better decisions in our lives, too. :)

RedWolf said:
I agree with ya that we all have to be honest with ourselves. Also you have will power to show that you can do it by losing weight. Will power is very important for everybody.

Yup. I will tell you..I have dealt with eating disorders for most of my life. Mostly compulsive eating, but also bulmia as well. I've been in recovery for about 5 years. Contrary to most people with bulmia, I'm not thin. I'm actually overweight. About 3 yrs ago, my weight really started to balloon upward, and I was miserable. This was actually contributing to my eating disordered patterns, so I talked to some people, and it was decided I was ready to lose my weight.

I decided to try Weight Watchers, and I did well. I lost weight. I also did it in a healthy manner. I'm still heavy, but 3 yrs or so later, I'm roughly 15 ibs lighter than I was. I move around better, and my eating habits are better, relatively speaking. My eating habits are still strange, but the important thing is, I feel better!

Weight loss can be done if one is willing to do it, and is ready for it. I hope to take off another 10-15 ibs before all is said and done.

Oceanbreeze said:
Yup. I will tell you..I have dealt with eating disorders for most of my life. Mostly compulsive eating, but also bulmia as well. I've been in recovery for about 5 years. Contrary to most people with bulmia, I'm not thin. I'm actually overweight. About 3 yrs ago, my weight really started to balloon upward, and I was miserable. This was actually contributing to my eating disordered patterns, so I talked to some people, and it was decided I was ready to lose my weight.

I decided to try Weight Watchers, and I did well. I lost weight. I also did it in a healthy manner. I'm still heavy, but 3 yrs or so later, I'm roughly 15 ibs lighter than I was. I move around better, and my eating habits are better, relatively speaking. My eating habits are still strange, but the important thing is, I feel better!

Weight loss can be done if one is willing to do it, and is ready for it. I hope to take off another 10-15 ibs before all is said and done.

Go for it! I will support you along the way no matter what. I'm sure the rest of AD members will behind you 100%.

Another thing I want to add....Depression and low self-esteems might be part of gaining weight too. There are millions of people who were diagnosed with depression out there.

RedWolf said:
Go for it! I will support you along the way no matter what. I'm sure the rest of AD members will behind you 100%.

Another thing I want to add....Depression and low self-esteems might be part of gaining weight too. There are millions of people who were diagnosed with depression out there.

Thank you!

And, don't I know it! Depression and low self esteem is two things I know well. This whole thing has been a process for me. A long process encompassing many things, but I'm on my way to better things.

Thank you for your support! I appreciate it! :)

Miss*Pinocchio said:
2 miles.... but I used from 5.0 to 6.0 level, it is like walking uphill
and speed from 2.0 to 2.3 mph

I was walking walking walking walking walking for an 1 hour.

The white young nice shape man next to me, was running on threadmill
I think he used speed about 5.0 mph with 0.0 level (flat land)
he was on that for 15 minutes... and he lost 283 calories.....
He stopped, cause he was tired after that.

So why I wanna run for 15 minutes, when I can walk for an hour and
lose more calories, without being tired.

It wasn't boring when I walked for an hour, cause they had 8 televisions
with CNN, FoxNews, and other channels...
So all I had to do is walk while I watched tv... it was cool.

u cld have done more than 2 miles for an hr?! gee whiz, u still fat anyway..
i usually lose 5 or 3 pounds by different postions when i can get myself so tiring.. all i need to do more situps and wrist crunches and running( it shld helps alot... i hated it) then i will be that "chessika" where freakysteel had mentioned in his thread.. :giggle: man, ima gonna 2 sign up for extreme makeover... all i need to make up a tearful, touche heartful story so i can recevice a free trip! but im scare to go under the surgery for not knowing if i cld survive out of it. :Ohno:

I will be SMAHT said:
u cld have done more than 2 miles for an hr?! gee whiz, u still fat anyway..
i usually lose 5 or 3 pounds by different postions when i can get myself so tiring.. all i need to do more situps and wrist crunches and running( it shld helps alot... i hated it) then i will be that "chessika" where freakysteel had mentioned in his thread.. :giggle: man, ima gonna 2 sign up for extreme makeover... all i need to make up a tearful, touche heartful story so i can recevice a free trip! but im scare to go under the surgery for not knowing if i cld survive out of it. :Ohno:
heh gurl :roll: I dont think anyone would really die from such surgerys where they get an "extreme makeover" on it...or so it seems. besides, I believe you look much better and eat better food than Miss P anyway so dont worry 'bout it 'cause you are one tough hoocie momma I've yet to know on the net and even in reality. :P
heh...and a free trip would be most definetley awesome :D mind if I tag along? if you dont mind, that is. :lol:

Steel said:
heh gurl :roll: I dont think anyone would really die from such surgerys where they get an "extreme makeover" on it...or so it seems. besides, I believe you look much better and eat better food than Miss P anyway so dont worry 'bout it 'cause you are one tough hoocie momma I've yet to know on the net and even in reality. :P
heh...and a free trip would be most definetley awesome :D mind if I tag along? if you dont mind, that is. :lol:

hahah! true... but i dont want to go through with surgeries because of pains and scars after waking up.. feeling so much and long lasting painful til i get all healed.. yet im too scared to under-go in surgery tho. :dunno: i dont know if i cld do that tho. btw u cant tag along with meon a free trip while im going on a extreme makeover! :greddy: ha! but u may wait up to check me out how changed i have gone through :mrgreen:

Focus on your Goals. Just don't get caught focusing.

Attachments

• goals.jpg
    goals.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 4
Levonian said:

:eek: Picturing old woman performing lap dances on me.... :ugh2:

No thanks. :shudders:

Seems that RS is so bloodthirsty to sue somebody to make money. Sue e-bay for fraud, sue bank for touching his bank account, sue police for something, sue food and resturants for wrong food or ingridents(sp?).

Back