Obesity= A very serous topic

huh

heck I was going to post but I dont remember what.

oh yeah. I have to eat a reduce sodium diet like 2000 grams (or mg I cant remember LOL) a day. it made me lose weight!

sorry that probably doesnt add anything to the discussion. <grin>

:wiggle:

Steel said:
so...prove it.

what? how can I prove that? why not call (662) 890-YMCA (9622)

and asked them, have they seen a black woman with disfigure face with blue cap with green casual clothes, with pink purse, been there tuesday night at 7pm on the threadmill for an hour.

Reba said:
I don't know about Vampy, but I can't even remember the last time I ate in a McDonald's or Burger King. It has been many years. I have no desire eat in those places. I think the Burger King TV commercials are creepy.

Reba by watching those commercials really influrance your minds. Its how they do it just to make you get up and get a big mac.Look at paris hilton ad on jack in the box big burger. Thats why id like to see the federal government to declare war on fast food advertisements. Just like how they ban tabbaco ads.Cause tabbaco ads way back in to 70s promote teens to get hooked on cigarettes.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
And I can't believe that one member is very concern about health (doing hiking), but live a dangerous homosexual lifestyle.

Madamesoille, you're playing a dangerous game here.
With your ignorance about my life, and about AIDS, it's so dangerous that you constantly say things that alienate yourself from the public and it is no wonder that you sit before a computer all day, getting fat on KFC and Taco Bell.

ravensteve1961 said:
Reba by watching those commercials really influrance your minds. Its how they do it just to make you get up and get a big mac.Look at paris hilton ad on jack in the box big burger. Thats why id like to see the federal government to declare war on fast food advertisements. Just like how they ban tabbaco ads.Cause tabbaco ads way back in to 70s promote teens to get hooked on cigarettes.

So, if everyone jumped off from the London Bridge and told you that you had to, would you?

It's all about self-control. You don't even have to go to McDonald's nor any other fast food restaurants at all. Moreover, McDonald's does have salad available for you, just hold the dressing and some meat. Most of the time, there are healthy alternatives in the fast food restaurants you go to.

Take the time to cook at home. It only takes 30 minutes! Eat a yogurt, and drink green tea for breakfast. Salad is a great thing because it is so low in sodium (you can make your own dressing with no sodium, such as orange and onion vingarette). Salad also helps to fill up in your stomach before eating the main course, and helps you to feel "fuller" when eating main course. It also helps to eat slowly, talk with your family/friends and to take your time at meal time. Your body will start to think it is full and you won't be eating so much in shorter time.

You also need to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. It helps a lot to dissolute your body of any excessive sodium.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
RS, we can't convince them to have a healthy lifestyle...
let them be miserable, they will wonder why
they have their arms and legs cut off or have stroke and be in comatose just like Luther Vandross did.... died so young...

And I can't believe that one member is very concern about health (doing hiking), but live a dangerous homosexual lifestyle.

And one member who dissed us is a smoker.

They don't care.

Unbelievable, you and RS have been prejudice homosexual in this form lately. We know, what you were talking about to point your finger against the hiking and his personal life. You show that you have no RESPECTFUL of this member.

It is time for the moderators to think about ban you ! We are not going to tolerate with your nasty attitude.

ban?!? ah please yes!

*evil chuckling and rubs his hands*

that would be 'bout time too!

Levonian said:
You just had to throw that in, didn't you? You just can't go even one day without spouting your homophobic horseshit, can you? :squint:
Just ignore her, ape boy...she's always been that way ever since she joined. (orginally joined as TTT)

and I know I ain't the only one who finds her..."not right in the head", either.

Im confused, MissP, help me out with understanding this.

You complain about sodium content. Yet you feed your own puppy Doritos??? Doritos is very high in sodium so why it is okay to feed your puppy Doritos yet complain about this? (from another recent thread about your dog farting)

Let me refresh your memory. This is what you said. I gave the puppy (Britney) some pieces of fried chickens, doritoes chips, fried fish filets, french fries, 1 piece of lima bean, pizza, pork chop, and everything else...

I assume that these food were what you were eating too if you shared some with your puppy.

Parents of children or pets are responsible for teaching children or pets how to eat healthy. Thus, please practice what you preach.

In addition, you dont even exercise your puppy so Im sure she will grow too heavy.

ravensteve1961 said:
Heres an idea.Why not have an nationwide boycott Burger King & Mcdonalds week? For one week no one goes into Burger King & Mcdonalds . But you can support taco bell,wendys and pizza hut. I hope theres a group gets media attention and encorage people not to eat at mc donalds and burger king for one week.And see the reaction mc donalds and burger king would get.

Be my guest - you go first. You've mentioned how you love Big Macs often since you joined AD. I'd like to see a hypocrite do his own strike first.

Plus you ll have to boycott these hotdogs you also mentioned often too. Hotdogs have very high content of sodium.

When you do this successfully for a month then I ll reconsider my stance of you as a hypocrite.

Big WHOA!!! I am now confused!!!! I thought you, Raven was sick and tired of gov't controlling us and complaining about stupid laws and favortism. Now you want gov't to add law to run people's life?

Do we need more crazy laws? * H E L L * NO! *

The more laws added, the more corruptions will be created!!! Now, Raven STFU! and just move on and get on life for a change!

By the way, yes I believe plenty of law needed to be repeled, this includes stupid Narcotics law, helmet law, etc Gov't need NOT to tell people how to run their life. Where is freedom, god damn it!

I would be in favor of laws that protects from idiots hurting innocent citizen, for example? Drunk drivers, or those driving while smoking crack. These laws were intended to prevent fatal accidents that frequently falls on innocent victims that HAVE nothing to do with these IDIOTS!

Your avatar suggested that your been on lifecycle 24 hours a day! For some strange reason I haven't notice any decrease with weight. how odd?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
what? how can I prove that? why not call (662) 890-YMCA (9622)

and asked them, have they seen a black woman with disfigure face with blue cap with green casual clothes, with pink purse, been there tuesday night at 7pm on the threadmill for an hour.

Hey, this MIGHT surprise you. After years of research, these diet soda actually makes you fatter than regular soda!!! Interesting article!

=====paste=======

Diet soda may trigger snack attacks

Lauri Githens Hatch
Staff writer

(July 11, 2005) — Want to stay (or get) sleek for that swimsuit?

Put down that diet pop.

Strange but true: Eight years of data collected by researchers at the Texas Health Science Center shows a startling link between drinking diet soda and gaining weight.

As it turns out, most of the risk of getting fat from drinking pop comes from the diet stuff. Specifically, for each can consumed, a person's risk of obesity went up 41 percent.

Why?

The researchers call it the Mad Hatter theory, referencing the part of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland when Alice, vexed because she was offered tea but given none, eventually grabs not just tea but also some bread and butter.

So it is with our bodies, researchers theorize: Given a sweetish drink, but no calories, we go into search-obtain-and-eat mode. (Infant rats did this in an earlier study: Those given fake sweeteners craved calories more than those given real sugar).

Yes, study authors note, you can drink diet pop and consciously avoid snacking. But biochemically speaking, it's harder for your body to cope with that, and for some it may be impossible.

Meg said:
Im confused, MissP, help me out with understanding this.

You complain about sodium content. Yet you feed your own puppy Doritos??? Doritos is very high in sodium so why it is okay to feed your puppy Doritos yet complain about this? (from another recent thread about your dog farting)

Let me refresh your memory. This is what you said. I gave the puppy (Britney) some pieces of fried chickens, doritoes chips, fried fish filets, french fries, 1 piece of lima bean, pizza, pork chop, and everything else...

I assume that these food were what you were eating too if you shared some with your puppy.

Parents of children or pets are responsible for teaching children or pets how to eat healthy. Thus, please practice what you preach.

In addition, you dont even exercise your puppy so Im sure she will grow too heavy.

Okay, I'll go do some research on how much sodium and sugars they put in dog food, because the dog food companies didn't label how much sodium and sugars they put in dog food.... so I'll be back...

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Okay, I'll go do some research on how much sodium and sugars they put in dog food, because the dog food companies didn't label how much sodium and sugars they put in dog food.... so I'll be back...

That is not the point, MissP. You complain about fast food or junk food with sodium yet youre so willing to give your puppy all these junk food as you mentioned.It is clear that you share your own food with the puppy so you are eating junk food too .That is what I do not understand. Enlighten me

Read below!!!

Woman Loses 33 lbs. Eating McDonald's

"Super Size Me," the Oscar-nominated documentary by Morgan Spurlock that showed the inherent health dangers of eating too much fast food, angered Henderson, N.C. resident Merab Morgan so much she decided to prove it wrong. Like Spurlock, she decided to eat nothing but McDonald's food for 90 days. Unlike Spurlock, she limited herself to 1,400 calories a day.

The results? By day 67 she had lost 33 pounds, reports the Raleigh News & Observer. Morgan is 5 feet, 9 inches tall and now weighs about 195 pounds. She hopes to lose between 40 and 60 pounds. Her dress size dropped from a 22 or 24 to a 15. She says she feels great, despite other people worrying about the effects of Sausage Burritos and Filet-O-Fish sandwiches on her cholesterol.

Morgan calls it the "poor man's diet," since it costs just $9 to $11 a day for three meals. It's also a big time-saver since she can purchase and eat each meal in about five minutes. Some days she buys all three meals at once and then eats when she gets hungry.

Needless to say, health experts are horrified. Barry Popkin, director of the Interdisciplinary Obesity Center at University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and a professor of nutrition and public health, told the News & Observer that eating nothing but McDonald's is not healthy since it will not provide needed vitamins, minerals, fiber and dairy. The only reason Morgan is losing weight is because she's limiting herself to 1,400 calories daily. "She's created, for her lifestyle, a very smart diet," Popkin explained to News & Observer reporter Vicki Cheng. "The moral of the story for every person is, you've got to work out a plan that fits your lifestyle. I really admire her restraint. The problem is, it's a lifetime issue."

Meg said:
That is not the point, MissP. You complain about fast food or junk food with sodium yet youre so willing to give your puppy all these junk food as you mentioned.It is clear that you share your own food with the puppy so you are eating junk food too .That is what I do not understand. Enlighten me

Well I gave my other dogs some of my food...
they were fine...

Even my dog Yuppie is fine, a half lab/half german shephard, I never potty trained him, I just let him pee and pooped around my little apartment...
after he finally became 1 years old, I let him go outside, and he loves the outdoor, he just run around and had a good time. And then when he was 2 years old, I gave him to my cousin (aged 80 something), because she needed a guard
dog, Yuppie was strong, very obedience, bark at strangers, and can
climb fences,,, that is why strangers ran back in their cars and drive
away. Now Yuppie is an old man, I had him since 1995... and he's
around 10 years old (aged 70 in human years).
I had 8 or 10 dogs in the past, but my older sister took care of the dogs
because I was under 15 years old. She gave them some human foods.
I don't remember how she potty train them so well.
That is why I asked her last weekend on how to potty train the dog,
and I was gonna wait til she comes home next month, to teach the puppy.

I love the puppy, she is so sweet.... She loves people, so happy to see you, jumping up and down, wagging her tail....
She loves to hug anyone. Even the Vetinarian loves her.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I love the puppy, she is so sweet.... She loves people, so happy to see you, jumping up and down, wagging her tail....
She loves to hug anyone. Even the Vetinarian loves her.

That is what the greatest thing about dogs are. They do not care if you are blind, deaf, homo, fat, drug addict or disfigured. They love you no matter what, and loves to be cared for by gentle humans who know how to take upon their own responsibility on them.

We could learn a lot from them.

Now having said this, why do you flip flop about saying that you love your puppy, but yet in another thread, you complain about how hard it is to take care of it and want to give it up? Make up your mind already! All this research on dogs make no impact if you want to give the dog up.

Back