Obama does the waiter bow to Japan's Emperor

Status
Not open for further replies.
next time, someone needs to bring a yardstick so he/she can measure Obama's bow to ensure that he wont go tooo far. :hmm:

and a protractor to measure the angle :giggle:

One thing for sure, Obama is culturally inept and not very well informed (unless he's forgetting these things much too often) on diplomatic protocols in dealing with leaders.

Here's something for Obama next time since he'll need to review it many times. A Japanese video on the various bows used in various situations and circumstances.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdlNZJ_TFXU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Japanese Bow[/ame]

I remember hearing about Bush throwing up on the Emporeror. That was unfortunate and prolly quite embarrassing for the President and the Emporer.

That was the first Bush, not GWB.
BBC NEWS | Americas | Japan beefs up Bush diplomacy

Indeed, it was embarrassing yet he was suffering from the flu. Guess he figured it was better to try and "stick it out" but it certainly didn't help him in that regard.

332xkbn.jpg

Ffs, I can say this -
I would fuck up thousands of greetings. but all in good intentions though.

One can check out the laughable WH response on why Obama bowed to a Saudi King.
Bam bows big for Japanese Emperor

Sure.

awwww that GWB-Saudi King must have hit the sour note for you, eh? I'm sorry but Obama bowing to Saudi King is nothing comparable to GWB holding Saudi King's hand like terrorist Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. :ugh:

Ffs, I can say this -
I would fuck up thousands of greetings. but all in good intentions though.

Yeah, that'd be understandable. Yet when you're one of the most powerful leaders in the world all eyes are on you to do the proper diplomacy thing. No excuse if a President has advisors on how to do these things. Maybe he's just conveniently forget about these things?

Yeah, that'd be understandable. Yet when you're one of the most powerful leaders in the world all eyes are on you to do the proper diplomacy thing. No excuse if a President has advisors on how to do these things. Maybe he's just conveniently forget about these things?

bush-abdullah-holding-hands.jpg

ahmadinejad_abdullah_hand_holding.jpg

:ugh:

I would rather Obama hold the guys hand than show reverence and subjection to him.

I would rather Obama hold the guys hand than show reverence and subjection to him.

why? you're gonna say Obama's showing reverse and subjection to him anyway.... and most likely associate him with Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

it's a lose-lose situation anyway. :dunno:

true that I don't have much regard for Obama, but I do have respect for the office he holds and therefore I do not wish to see him tarnish that

true that I don't have much regard for Obama, but I do have respect for the office he holds and therefore I do not wish to see him tarnish that

understandable. so what about GWB? did he tarnish that by holding Saudi King's hand like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

I think GWB did plenty to tarnish the office, why continue the trend?

What the hell! The amount of ignorance here is disturbing... and you folks claim to practice respects for other people's way of life and culture.

Jiro is right on this. Believe me. My Korean and Japanese friends trained me hard on the business practice. That kind of bow is expected if you are greeting an emperor, doesn't matter if you are high-ranking politician, another regal or a world leader.

What the hell! The amount of ignorance here is disturbing... and you folks claim to practice respects for other people's way of life and culture.

Jiro is right on this. Believe me. My Korean and Japanese friends trained me hard on the business practice. That kind of bow is expected if you are greeting an emperor, doesn't matter if you are high-ranking politician, another regal or a world leader.

Sorry..I tried to be sensitive to other cultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back