Not common Big Earthquake Hit Haiti

7.0 quake. That is pretty serious.

map_Haiti_quake2.gif

It looks pretty bad for the Haitians. :(

Construction is notoriously poor over there. There is a hospital building that collapsed, too.

As we know many people are poor in Haiti. Damaged building, no way they can afford to re-building.

that doesnt mean much..a lot of ppl spend more money on their cars then their own houses...

7.0 is a big earthquake and i mean a really bad one and I am surprised it struck that island. The buildings look really bad - it's terrible.

If you look at videos, you can see the distress on their faces - it's awful because it's like they don't don't what really hit them. I hope they are able to reconstruct with better blueprints and I am sure our president will help them, as we have with many countries in similar situations.

I am really concerned that many may die more with communicable diseases and poisoned water.

Look at those SUVs. They can afford to rebuild.

You need to understand about world's economy (income per capital). I have lot of travels.

Haiti is 3rd world - see world map Nations Online :: Worldmap of Human Development Index (HDI) - Nations Online Project

They sell SUV for lower price. Most wealth people come from other countries to live in Haiti.

My family-in-law lives in Bogota, Colombia. My parents-in-law is not native colombia. They came from Italy. Anyway, they have mansion with two maids. Big different salary, economy and cost of live. My parent-in-law wants to sell house but still have hard time to find buyer to buy our In-Law's house.

If, my parent-in-law moves to the USA then they will can't afford to buy house's worth more than $250,000 and can't hire any maid.

If, you wish to live in our mansion in Bogota. You want to work as maid.
Will you happy to earns 75 cents per hour with free meal and live in mansion at 3rd floor and small room as 10x12 feet?

I feel bad for them. Never even knew there is a fault line there.
I was reading somewhere the last time they had a quake like this was over 200years ago.

I feel bad for them. Never even knew there is a fault line there.
I was reading somewhere the last time they had a quake like this was over 200years ago.

just about every continent is susceptible to earthquake. It's just the matter of when.

So its true that their is a fault line along New York? As well?

NYC has had a few earthquakes back in the past. I just read something that NYC has felt the Haiti's aftershock :dunno:

That's sad. I'll been praying for them.

I hate those heavy structured buildings. They can kill you more than earthquake itself.

Back