Netbooks, >>not notebook<<!

I think that lousy netbooks are awful cheap! Mini-notebook is better than netbook but s too expensive. I still look for mini-notebook as 13.3" or 14.1" at low cost. I will wait to listen from CES 2009 in January about new netbooks and min-notebook.

I wonder about it too!! Netbooks are as fast as any laptops! It all depend on mobo it use. Dell netbook in THIS blog says it's slow booting up. While yours boots up fast. I disagree with whoever said netbooks are slow.

Depending on what brands on Netbooks. Maybe someone just saw one or two lousy netbooks while great one is out in other store. Not shopping enuf to investigate.

Catty

If he does including me then he still don't understand, however netbook isn't matters when come with speed.

It's about benchmark, CPU in netbook is closer to same speed as latest Pentium 3 and earlier Pentium 4, you can check benchmark via Google.
Intel Atom Processor Benchmarked

At overall, netbook is good for internet, word process, SD video, DVD playback (If add-on were added to USB) and simple applications. For intensive applications and complex games like iTunes, Zune player, Photoshop, etc wouldn't run so well, even does Google Earth (not Google map from website) works so smooth on netbook?

I have nothing to against on any netbooks but I made some critical information.

I think that lousy netbooks are awful cheap! Mini-notebook is better than netbook but s too expensive. I still look for mini-notebook as 13.3" or 14.1" at low cost. I will wait to listen from CES 2009 in January about new netbooks and min-notebook.

Yup, I prefer mini-notebook and regular notebook, MacBook is good example of mini-notebook

A Mac netbook, huh? That sounds interesting, we will see what happens.

Would a netbook be the same as portable laptop? I am really looking to a laptop that's light weight and not too small maybe under 5lbs. would be ideal any suggestions?

Would a netbook be the same as portable laptop? I am really looking to a laptop that's light weight and not too small maybe under 5lbs. would be ideal any suggestions?

what's your budget? and how big of screen do you want?

Wow I don't know that Dell Mini 12 has 3G SIM Card slot as ASUS S101 or 1002HA do have.

----------------
I read some posts, Ha Ha Somebody said that I know nothing about pc and speed.. whatever.. Ha If i didn't even know how to fix nor build pc stuffs and speed settings, then I WON'T create this thread for long times ago.

I read some posts that saying 3D maps or Google earth won't running my netbook. You are deadly ignorant! both can running my netbook as great
[yt]TTONzFwnVFM[/yt]

:nono: :nono: :nono: Don't trying hijack my thread into other direction as your own, :nono: :nono: :nono:. if you dislike this, you create your own thread instead of hijack this thread into doom.
----------------

Ocean, I have some own standard laptops. Yes Netbook absoultely is same portable laptop, If you bought 10inch screen and larger keyboard Netbook instead of 7inch screen with small keyboard. You can work the word processing, photo, blogger, & internet like the real standard laptop does. However Netbook don't have DVD rom built-in, thats it, You can find the powerful USB external DVD for cheap price from ebay or criaglist about 20 bucks. ;) I, myself had own XBOX 360 external HD DVD that actually run on netbook, that is excellent work! I oftenly hook up the USB XBOX 360 external HD DVD with netbook, if necessary. like I watch movie or something. I admire adorable mini laptop aka netbook because I can take it anywhere instead of my biggest laptop. :P

Good Luck with your decision. :thumb:

Wow I don't know that Dell Mini 12 has 3G SIM Card slot as ASUS S101 or 1002HA do have.

----------------
I read some posts, Ha Ha Somebody said that I know nothing about pc and speed.. whatever.. Ha If i didn't even know how to fix nor build pc stuffs and speed settings, then I WON'T create this thread for long times ago.

I read some posts that saying 3D maps or Google earth won't running my netbook. You are deadly ignorant! both can running my netbook as great
[yt]TTONzFwnVFM[/yt]

:nono: :nono: :nono: Don't trying hijack my thread into other direction as your own, :nono: :nono: :nono:. if you dislike this, you create your own thread instead of hijack this thread into doom.
----------------

Ocean, I have some own standard laptops. Yes Netbook absoultely is same portable laptop, If you bought 10inch screen and larger keyboard Netbook instead of 7inch screen with small keyboard. You can work the word processing, photo, blogger, & internet like the real standard laptop does. However Netbook don't have DVD rom built-in, thats it, You can find the powerful USB external DVD for cheap price from ebay or criaglist about 20 bucks. ;) I, myself had own XBOX 360 external HD DVD that actually run on netbook, that is excellent work! I oftenly hook up the USB XBOX 360 external HD DVD with netbook, if necessary. like I watch movie or something. I admire adorable mini laptop aka netbook because I can take it anywhere instead of my biggest laptop. :P

According on video, it won't run so smooth., I means SMOOTH, even you are misread my post again.

Google Earth runs so SMOOTH on my MacBook Pro.

XBGMER, please just forget about tech spec, I decided to end the discuss about tech spec in this thread and let return to netbook topic.

I'm sorry about it, even I don't want deal with endless debate and you get on your own.

Back on topic about netbook.

what's your budget? and how big of screen do you want?

I am just looking for something ideal that won't be too heavy to carry around. I like which netbook/ portable are good and which one's are not. Someone said, stay away from ACER.

:ty:
that sounds cool 10 inch screen and larger keyboard for a portable. I mostly use it for word processing and internet stuff. I am aware they only use USB. I saw one in person, it was ACER someone said to stay away so, I am still shopping around to find something light to carry around.

I am just looking for something ideal that won't be too heavy to carry around. I like which netbook/ portable are good and which one's are not. Someone said, stay away from ACER.

You can check out the netbooks at Best Buy, just check out and find out on kind of netbook will satisfy your needs.

There's tip for Google Earth, you can tweak the Google Earth via options to reduce or remove the lags (lags means slow down for alittle then normal run then slow down again), it could work and it was just suggest.

Let me pull this out of grave. Ha

anyway i glad to see growing of people who buy netbooks than ever..

Let me pull this out of grave. Ha

anyway i glad to see growing of people who buy netbooks than ever..
Dude! You're back on AD! :shock:

Everyo third AD on this forum owns a netbook nowadays :D

I don't own netbook yet because I have going buy newer MacBook Pro first because of my old one is in trade in and wait until next month to order, after that, I'm think about want get netbook with Ubuntu or other Linux OS, so WiFi need be Intel branded to save headache from alot of thing to get worked.

Dude! You're back on AD! :shock:

Everyo third AD on this forum owns a netbook nowadays :D
Jclark, Yeah I just gave a try to login to see if I am in,Because I was thought that permanently banned me for good. But I was unexpected what I am still in, now. Mm...its not important talking about banned or past, right? ha

Anyway I am glad to see everyone own netbooks..

I don't own netbook yet because I have going buy newer MacBook Pro first because of my old one is in trade in and wait until next month to order, after that, I'm think about want get netbook with Ubuntu or other Linux OS, so WiFi need be Intel branded to save headache from alot of thing to get worked.
I or anybody aren't here to force you to buy Netbook/ ULV notebook.

Did you know that Culv notebook look exactly like netbook, they running regular CPU with real 3D videocard such as radeon, on and on. they can upgrade 4GB. thats what I have another ULV netbook with AMD Athlon-Radeon.

anyway Yes there is pro and con about ubuntu. You can't play video games such as Halo, others. And most softwares dont work for Ubuntu.. but it s good for internet.

Mm... Good luck with your purchase Mac in future..

Back