Netbooks, >>not notebook<<!

10in nb vs notebook

Nice, first thing, XBGMER, your fiancee's laptop is the same as mine which I am using it right now ;) a) My teacher at the community college, have one as well, but the memory and other things wasn't good, I witnessed the loading of the windows, when it was projected to the powerpoint screening, it was EXTREMELY slow :shock: but I believe he just purchased the cheapest of all :roll:
Really? its compaq?

a) really? mine is loading fast and start up so fast!

Neat! I would love to have Netbook. It is easier for me to carry anywhere. I don't care about it's small space. I would want Ubuntu or gOS (Google's new OS base on Ubuntu's core). Or dual booting would be good enuf tho. a) You can watch DVD movies
just like I mentioned in Blackberry Curve's DVD conversation software thread using thumb flashdrive and plug er' in and enjoy the movie. b) I didn't need all those fancy stuff but enough to run any applications and games. c) I would want to bring it to work using my BB curve as modem to browse through website (maybe just a little Youtube video watching if I don't go over 5GB cap :lol: ). d) Also you can install virtual CD drives to allow you to install CD games into netbook so you can play game without using cdrom drive (Alcohol 120% software have it, they're good). e) As for battery, is it just a cell pack or what?

Hey XBMGER, I downloaded and installed Ultra Mobile 3gp Media converter. It turned out that I can't find "subtitle' selection that I can enable to watch subtitles on BB curve!? Also it's not automatic detect correct movie file for conversation, must click to open file and pick one of many files in DVD drive??? What did you do? I may have to download and install DVD ripper
with converter to try it and hopefully it have subtitle that I can change it's font size. It' not me can't read it. It just my wife and most of my co workers can't read it while I can read just perfectly fine :lol: .

Catty

a) I do actually watch movie clip on netbook with quicktime player, like wow champion. its better portable dvd player. HA!

b) Absolutely true! unnecessary fancy laptop like air macbook or other top sleek laptop. ;)

c) Wow you have good thought about using BB's ethernt. you are wicked genius! thumb up! I would do, and give a try..

d) I will get virtual CD drives sooner, when money is permission.

e) Mine NB battery is 6 cell packs. ;)

--- My answe: Yeah what about BB converter? Yes

Most i using extra dvd ripper has subtitle---

Let you know Ubuntu is telling you the truth! I'm serious. Windoz can't tell you exactly how long the battery life. When I use XP on my Acer Aspire laptop. It tells me I have 2 hours of battery life
fully charged, It dies in 8 min. While Ubuntu running on "live cd" and It warned me that it will have 8 min battery life while I was charging. It even tell me time to replace the laptop battery!!!. I was :eek2: over it!! When I use Ubuntu on my desktop with wireless mouse. It even warned me I'm low on mouse battery, telling me how much battery juice left in wireless mouse!!! I have never seen this before!!!! Even I swapped to fresh battery, Ubuntu tells me how much juice in mouse battery!! On Windoz XP doesn't tell me till pointer stopped moving while I move the mouse and found out mouse battery is dead. This tells me that Linux have advanced battery monitor than XP!!!!

Catty
Your post is more interesting indeed! I do perfer window os running NB. but Someday, i will curious to hack MAC OS X running into NB.

someone hacked different os into NB EEE PC:
SyllableDesktop-0.6.5-on-EeePC.jpg
from link

I still think about Eee PC 1000HA netbook. but I will wait to get it in few month later or look for other brand name of netbook or small notebook (13.3 or 14.1 inch display)
Chevy, you can wait to get the sleek eee pc 10in. new netbooke release on Nov 1, 2008. it could be blow airbook, envy, and X300 up!

10708asuss101handsongh8.jpg

img2828vy5.jpg

img2832ct0.jpg

eeepcze7.png
from ASUS Eee PC S101 hands-on

There have another name of Netbook are Toshiba NB 100, HP 2133 MINI-note PC, Acer Aspire One on and on.

I believe it'll be like Apple air book in smaller and thinner. Call it as iMicro book.If someone asking for knife, give em iMicro to cut fudge.

:rofl:

Catty
Yeah You give the good name "iMicro book" for apple netbook.

I saw my sister s own MacBook Air in few month ago. I like it and it s lighter weight! But s too expensive about $1700 and lack of ethernet port.
My friend, I think you trying to say lack of usb ports, not ethernet posts? Its correct?

There's interesting article about future Apple's mini laptop.
AppleInsider | Steve Jobs on Apple's cash, NetBooks, Apple TV, and cheap PCs
Wow I don't aware that apple will has Netbook in events, thats cool. I bet apple netbook for $650 and 750 around.

Yes, that's correct -- a compaq laptop. :)

yeah, my teacher must've bought it wrong, LOL!

I think of my iPod Touch as tiny laptop :)
Pretty much I need basic: surf web, e-mail, IM, wordsheet, Words, and more simple app.

I think of my iPod Touch as tiny laptop :)
Pretty much I need basic: surf web, e-mail, IM, wordsheet, Words, and more simple app.
Oh i aint looking for that who bring up apple and orange comparison in this tread. they aren't same comparison. I think you posted here in wrong thread. ipod touch definitely isn't relate this topic. Here posters talk about netbook's topic only. please visit deaf & technologies thats whats your post belong there.

I POLITELY asking you, will you stick this topic?

back to this topic..

thank you!

I just am heck bored allday and I played with little laptop, i just curiously open bottom of netbook. i wanted to see whats inside look like. look at picture of below:
img7565hdmry640ll2.jpg
get an idea what is inside.. SATA 120GB HardDrives and one slot of Memory- 1GB RAM DDR2 that is all I have. I will go to upgrade 320 or 500 GB SATA Harddrive & 2GB RAM Memory on the cute small laptop.

I believe it'll be like Apple air book in smaller and thinner.

Call it as iMicro book.

Catty

or call it as NanoBook- who knows..

Yes, that's correct -- a compaq laptop. :)

yeah, my teacher must've bought it wrong, LOL!
Yeah thats super cool, my fiancee's 17' laptop hadn't any problem since april 2008. compaq is sexy laptop I love.

Ha Ha, Now netbook got big improvement and much better than ever.. ;)

Apple - MacBook Air - Features

Yes, it includes one usb port only
Chevy, Ooops I am wrong, sorry.. you are right about it. I read air macbook's tech spec, saying that air macbook has built-in wifi instead of Ethernet port. interesting indeed.

Chevy, Ooops I am wrong, sorry.. you are right about it. I read air macbook's tech spec, saying that air macbook has built-in wifi instead of Ethernet port. interesting indeed.

My sister was stuck it at Marroitt hotel s room which have data port only. no wifi, then she bring it to starbuck coffee shop to use it in wifi.

I just am heck bored allday and I played with little laptop, i just curiously open bottom of netbook. i wanted to see whats inside look like. look at picture of below:
img7565hdmry640ll2.jpg
get an idea what is inside.. SATA 120GB HardDrives and one slot of Memory- 1GB RAM DDR2 that is all I have. I will go to upgrade 320 or 500 GB SATA Harddrive & 2GB RAM Memory on the cute small laptop.

Wow that's cute an' tight!! I like that!! Glad it's upgradeable..

Catty

Nice, first thing, XBGMER, your fiancee's laptop is the same as mine which I am using it right now ;)

My teacher at the community college, have one as well, but the memory and other things wasn't good, I witnessed the loading of the windows, when it was projected to the powerpoint screening, it was EXTREMELY slow :shock: but I believe he just purchased the cheapest of all :roll:

Lot of older netbook have flash drive that why it was so slow cuz flash drive are very slow and the size of flash drive would be like 4gig or 8gig then there not much room for Windows to have swap file on flash drive either making it more slower to switch applications.

Flash drive are lot smaller and slow loading time than harddrive.

Newer netbook design now try to squeeze sata notebook harddrive in it. You can see one picture above notebook harddrive almost cover all of netbook housing so with real harddrive you can have more space and faster loading time than a flash drive.

and they definitely managed to squeeze a nice 80 - 120GB SATA HDD into these newwer models, eh?

Wow that's cute an' tight!! I like that!! Glad it's upgradeable..

Catty
Yeah thats true, see I did upgraded Memory RAM from 1GB to 2GB.
1gbrambeforeupgradevertib8.jpg

And I realize that MY netbooks is capable of upgrade up to 4GB Memory RAM. Isn that cool?

Yeah 10inNetbook is still great & better than nothing. Ha! :laugh2:

I really don't care what christopher Null's opinions, Plus his imformation is a fact misinfomated! I don't think my netbook is very limit options & some issues. Because I can upgrable of More RAM, Harddrive, OS in future.

I love sweet 10inch Netbook with big keyboard! no regerts. ;)

a) I do actually watch movie clip on netbook with quicktime player, like wow champion. its better portable dvd player. HA!

b) Absolutely true! unnecessary fancy laptop like air macbook or other top sleek laptop. ;)

c) Wow you have good thought about using BB's ethernt. you are wicked genius! thumb up! I would do, and give a try..

d) I will get virtual CD drives sooner, when money is permission.

e) Mine NB battery is 6 cell packs. ;)
see--"a)"--Ooops I mean It is I have been able to convert & put movies onto a flash drive or memory card to transfer it to my netbook & watch it on little laptop better than DVD player & DVD movies I carrying around anywhere...

some who is members of family/ relatives never see small netbook. they watch movie on netbook without dvd rom. they asked me, where you get netbook?? i told them superstore bestbuy. they wanted to get one for themselves so badly.. HA HA!

I installed vista on EEE Netbook! YAY!!

Today I just expertimently loaded Vista onto my 1000HD with a Micro SDHC via card reader after I just copied everything from the vista drivers of vista CD to the thumbdrive/cardreader via Laptop PC, then plug it into netbook pc & hit the install/setup icon on the card reader and it worked great and smooth.
img7676b1vert2mz1.jpg

I am shocked and realized its actually work thru any flash drive/ card-reader without dvd rom or any-specfy tools. But it reminded me old pc had floppy like that. wow, its amazing, isn't it?

Note: I highly suggest you load vista "HOME BASIC" on any little laptop and save space of hdd or ssd. But Vista Home Premuim is great on little laptop if you had more GB HDD/SSD than 16GB. ;)

Wow I don't aware that apple will has Netbook in events, thats cool. I bet apple netbook for $650 and 750 around.

Are you sure? You had something to miss the point.

Not really, Apple said they aren't going make mini notebook or netbook because of iPhone has almost everything to as netbook does, it was Apple's views.

According to link, look in bold.
Asked about PC prices in the current economy and the new netbook category that is "getting a lot of hype", Jobs said "well, again, this particular downturn is not creating a market of cheaper computers. That market has existed for some time. And there are parts of that market that we choose not to play in."

"I think that when people want a product of the class that we make, over and over again people have done the price comparisons and we're actually quite competitive. So we choose to be in some segments of the market and we choose not to be in certain segments of the market.

"So the question is, 'is the downturn going to drive some of our customers to those lower segments of the market place to buy lesser products.

"I will be surprised if that happens in large numbers. And I actually think that there are still a tremendous number of customers that we don't have, in the Windows world, or in the other 99% of the phone market that we don't have, who would like to and can afford to buy Apple products.

"We're not tremendously worried. As we look at the netbook category, that's a nascent category. As best as we can tell, there's not a lot of them being sold. You know, one of our entrants into that category if you will is the iPhone, for browsing the Internet, and doing email and all the other things that a netbook lets you do. And being connected via the cellular network wherever you are, an iPhone is a pretty good solution for that, and it fits in your pocket.

"But we'll wait and see how that nascent category evolves, and we have got some pretty interesting ideas if it does evolve," Jobs said.

Asked how well the iPhone will do in the troubled economy, Jobs replied, "We'll be glad to tell you how it does." Earlier in the call, Jobs said, "none of our competitors can deliver products in this class," and noted that cash strapped customers, "while they might postpone purchases, they are more likely to delay than switch."

AppleInsider | Steve Jobs on Apple's cash, NetBooks, Apple TV, and cheap PCs

Are you sure? You had something to miss the point.

Not really, Apple said they aren't going make mini notebook or netbook because of iPhone has almost everything to as netbook does, it was Apple's views.

According to link, look in bold.
oh okay.. he think iphone/ipod touch and netbooks are same comparisons.. Ha they are not same page.. Please don't bring the orange and apple comparison on this.. then stick topic.. ;)

thank you!

oh okay.. he think iphone/ipod touch and netbooks are same comparisons.. Ha they are not same page.. Please don't bring the orange and apple comparison on this.. then stick topic.. ;)

thank you!

Sure, no problem.

Back