Need to know early signs of pregnancy

Steinhauer

Reaction score
Ok .... I am a little bit feeling awkward kinda. I got married on July 30th (recently) and I am following through on a promise to turn my wife into a mommy. She has waited her whole life to be one and I know she will make a great mom (one reason why I married her). So, I threw my back out in the ensuing weeks and am a little sore, not that it's anyone's business, mind you. Just 'splaining that it may be too early to tell any tell-tale signs of pregnancy.

Yesterday, we had some friends over, and my wife, whom is deaf, oral and sign, was communicating to one of her girlfriends, whom is HoH, that her "neighbors were getting big". Well .... that is how I heard it, as I am HoH myself.

So, I got up, perplexed, and started looking out the window in the direction of our neighbors. "Really? I hadn't noticed," I signed back to her. Much to my wife and her friend's puzzlement, they both signed over each other asking me "What are you talking about?"

"Well, the neighbors look the same size they have always been, did you mean they gained weight or something?"

Both looked at me like WTH? You know, that slightly cocked head quizzical expression.

So I reiterated "The neighbors have not gotten any bigger."

Well, they both about fell over laughing, so it was my turn to do the head tilting and "Huh?" expression. They kept laughing. So ... I was like .... "heh ... heh .... heh ... ok so what is so funny ... heh ... heh .."

Finally my wife signed "I wasn't talking about the neighbors .... I was talking about my NIPPLES!!".

Boy ... was I like .... um .. floored .. ok lets skip over this part real quick.

So anyway, last Thursday, she started crying, straight out of the blue. Of course, I became very concerned. I wanted to know what was wrong. I asked her what was making her cry and her answer was " sob .... sob ... I ... aaaaaahhh .... sob ... don't ..... know .... waaaah".

So she didn't know why she was crying.

Are these signs of pregnancy?

You are a fun guy to read, I'll give you that!

Signs of pregnancy: maybe. The first sign (nipples getting bigger) more so than the second, since weepiness could be a) pregnant, or b) not pregnant and about to get period.

You are a fun guy to read, I'll give you that!

Signs of pregnancy: maybe. The first sign (nipples getting bigger) more so than the second, since weepiness could be a) pregnant, or b) not pregnant and about to get period.

She is a week away from her period, so we should know by then maybe?

Well, give it a couple weeks after the date she expects to get her period, to be on the safe side.

One thing - and not to be negative, but just realistic - sometimes a "late" period is actually a miscarriage. That happens surprisingly often.

So - be patient. If there's no period for two weeks after her expected date, then you could pick up a home pregnancy kit from the drugstore. Doc visit to follow if it's positive.

I wish you luck!

Well, give it a couple weeks after the date she expects to get her period, to be on the safe side.

One thing - and not to be negative, but just realistic - sometimes a "late" period is actually a miscarriage. That happens surprisingly often.

So - be patient. If there's no period for two weeks after her expected date, then you could pick up a home pregnancy kit from the drugstore. Doc visit to follow if it's positive.

I wish you luck!

Thank you. My sister also warned me about possible miscarriage. My wife used to work in a hospital delivery ward taking care of newborns. Her sister is a RN at that hospital so she knows far more than I do about pre-natal vitamins and taking care of herself.

I will continue to keep my fingers crossed :ty:

didn't you just tell us weeks ago that your wife is pregnant?

I wanted to add that miscarriage happens all the time. it is generally good idea to announce pregnancy at around 3rd month. Can't imagine the embarrassment and mental anguish that a wife has to go thru because she'll have to notify other people that she's no longer pregnant :(

I wanted to add that miscarriage happens all the time. it is generally good idea to announce pregnancy at around 3rd month. Can't imagine the embarrassment and mental anguish that a wife has to go thru because she'll have to notify other people that she's no longer pregnant :(

She has been forewarned. She is a deafie deaf. I have to sit down with her and sign medical information so she can understand what she is reading. We both went to the "What to expect when your expecting website" - she is very excited, no fear, wants to be a mommy.

I told her if in the unfortunate event she has a miscarriage, we shouldn't let it stop us from trying. She has a good support group of friends and family.

If she is feeling the change in her body.. she can go ahead and take the pregnancy test since the pregnancy hormone is there. Go to the store and buy a home kit. Wish you two the best.

if she is always tired for some reason or more hungrier than normal. I remember I thought I was going to have a period but i got wrong that it turns out i was pregnant with my girl because it felt so similiar sympton. BUT i know feeling so tired is often happening than normal. That's all i remember.

Glad your wife is well prepared and be aware. wish you guys a lot of luck heyyyy enjoy your marriage that is all matter. :D

Becoming "so sleepy" is one symptom...nausea is another...and being tired for no reason....and the smell of some foods turning ur stomach upside down. And of course, the fullness of her breasts....

Hope all goes well for you two...nothing like having a baby in the house!

Some pregnancy kits today are very sensitive and you can find out not that long after a missed menstruation.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Heh, don't ask me. I was almost thru my first trimester before my pregnancy was confirmed. Was on the Pill, had a light period first month, no nausea, and the first pregnancy test was negative. Finally got a positive test result the third month.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Best wishes (belated, sorry) for your recent marriage. :)

Last edited:
Ok .... I am a little bit feeling awkward kinda. I got married on July 30th (recently) and I am following through on a promise to turn my wife into a mommy. She has waited her whole life to be one and I know she will make a great mom (one reason why I married her). So, I threw my back out in the ensuing weeks and am a little sore, not that it's anyone's business, mind you. Just 'splaining that it may be too early to tell any tell-tale signs of pregnancy.

Yesterday, we had some friends over, and my wife, whom is deaf, oral and sign, was communicating to one of her girlfriends, whom is HoH, that her "neighbors were getting big". Well .... that is how I heard it, as I am HoH myself.

So, I got up, perplexed, and started looking out the window in the direction of our neighbors. "Really? I hadn't noticed," I signed back to her. Much to my wife and her friend's puzzlement, they both signed over each other asking me "What are you talking about?"

"Well, the neighbors look the same size they have always been, did you mean they gained weight or something?"

Both looked at me like WTH? You know, that slightly cocked head quizzical expression.

So I reiterated "The neighbors have not gotten any bigger."

Well, they both about fell over laughing, so it was my turn to do the head tilting and "Huh?" expression. They kept laughing. So ... I was like .... "heh ... heh .... heh ... ok so what is so funny ... heh ... heh .."

Finally my wife signed "I wasn't talking about the neighbors .... I was talking about my NIPPLES!!".

Boy ... was I like .... um .. floored .. ok lets skip over this part real quick.

So anyway, last Thursday, she started crying, straight out of the blue. Of course, I became very concerned. I wanted to know what was wrong. I asked her what was making her cry and her answer was " sob .... sob ... I ... aaaaaahhh .... sob ... don't ..... know .... waaaah".

So she didn't know why she was crying.

Are these signs of pregnancy?

Are her "neighbors" tender, as well?

She is a week away from her period, so we should know by then maybe?

Thinking about this time-line - if she is indeed pregnant at all, it's only just barely, like maybe one week pregnant. This is if "a week away from her period" means that her period is "expected" in one week, not that she is "past one week" (that is to say, one week overdue) from when it was expected.

One week pregnant is too soon for any symptoms to reliably show up. But one week before period is just about on time for things like weepiness, some breast tenderness, etc. to be happening.

So - I wish you luck, but maybe it's too soon to start counting your hoped-for chickens.

Use one of the early detection tests that can be purchased over the counter now. They are very reliable at predicting pregnancy prior to the period being missed.

Stein, a woman's ovulation happens on or around the 14th day of a cycle (from the first day of a period). There's an approximate 48-72 hour window around that. So if you and your new wife know at all where she was at in her cycle, that could be a good way to "guess" whether she is pregnant or not.

Back