My son's milestone

:bump:

I wanted to update this thread.

Ever since he made a breakthrough with his stencils, he is now able to write without the stencils. That is a continuing progress which is starting to look great. He also can type out some of the words on the computer as well.

I am so pleased with the progress and his teacher has made an effort in this as well. He is also able to sign some words.

So, I believe it will be only a matter of time before he really gets there.

That is remarkable! While autism can be difficult for many parents to deal with, but what I'm really pleased with is how much more awareness is being spread through the mainstream media and the internet regarding autism. For instance, Jenny McCarthy's son has autism, and she has written some books on it from what I know.

It's quite important that more people become aware of what autism is. There are still too many stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding it.

It's quite important that more people become aware of what autism is. There are still too many stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding it.

Thanks.

I agree, There's a lot more to this than what is really shown out there. I am still learning about autism through my son and w/ the help of other resources.

One of the heated debate is that, many parents are convinced the mercury in the vaccines are the "cause" of autism and the medical group says it isn't the case. So that hasn't been proven and it will still have a long way to go.

In my son's case, his autism was recognized when he was 2 years old.

That is remarkable! While autism can be difficult for many parents to deal with, but what I'm really pleased with is how much more awareness is being spread through the mainstream media and the internet regarding autism. For instance, Jenny McCarthy's son has autism, and she has written some books on it from what I know.

Agreed.

That's great news Jolie, it good to hear your son now writing without using his stencils. It's good processing as it is working for your son. :)

In my son's case, his autism was recognized when he was 2 years old.
Oh relatively mild in other words? Is it more on the ADD/ vaguely nereologically different spectrum, rather then on the severe type? (headbanging/nonvebral)
I know of cases where the parents said that their kids were different from birth.

It is great news to hear about your son's progesses. The first time I learned about autism was from a writer, Nicholas Spark. He has a son who is autism also. He have written about his son and how hard it was for him and his family, and later it has gotten better and better. He had wrote a book for his son and it was about a woman dealing with her son who is autism. Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing about your son's progresses.

Iamo happy for you!

Way to go to your son! I am so happy to hear the good news!

Thanks for your advice, I will look into that. You have been a big help. Can you care to expand the idea of how gluten and casien affects autistic children in a way or other? What I mean is, How does it manifests their behaviors?

If you think your son might be sensitive to gluten, which would aggravate him and worsen his behavior, get him to a doctor and get him tested for a real, documented sensitivity. If he doesn't have one, I would suggest against the so-called 'ausim diet.' It has at best the claims of over-excited parents to back it up, and will severely limit the dietary choices your son will have.

:bump:

I wanted to update this thread.

Ever since he made a breakthrough with his stencils, he is now able to write without the stencils. That is a continuing progress which is starting to look great. He also can type out some of the words on the computer as well.

I am so pleased with the progress and his teacher has made an effort in this as well. He is also able to sign some words.

So, I believe it will be only a matter of time before he really gets there.

hes Improving morew and more and can do more writings and typing he can spell some words better than me :lol i know we are DAMN proud of his actions lately...

It is great news to hear about your son's progesses. The first time I learned about autism was from a writer, Nicholas Spark. He has a son who is autism also. He have written about his son and how hard it was for him and his family, and later it has gotten better and better. He had wrote a book for his son and it was about a woman dealing with her son who is autism. Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing about your son's progresses.

SIS, i agree and ya shld see him now he is big differnce the last time ya saw him... been like 4 years now..

JOOOLLLLLIIIIEEEE!!!!!!! thats wonderful news and i'm so happy for you :)

i believe that he'll grow up and success.

Update

Now our son {Jolie and mine} really improved alot.. now signs alot and write alot of words and even sign back if hes mad or disagree with our punishment for him etc.. and hates sign of Time out.. so thats good progress for someones 8 year old and cant belive he is turning 9 in few weeks..

Now our son {Jolie and mine} really improved alot.. now signs alot and write alot of words and even sign back if hes mad or disagree with our punishment for him etc.. and hates sign of Time out.. so thats good progress for someones 8 year old and cant belive he is turning 9 in few weeks..

That is awesome about yours and Jolie's son are improving a lot. It sounds like a very good processing so far. :)

Wonderful news! I hope he continues to progress at this quick rate.

Back