My son's milestone

Wow, I am proud of your son :)

YAY!!!! Jolie, I was unaware that your son was autistic.
It sounds like he's very affected. Are you going with a "whatever works" approach as to his treatment and education? You might want to look into "alternative" treatments, like the GF/CF diet, and other things like that.Have you been to DAN! doctors yet? Those could really really help him! (and yes, I know the debate in the autistic community about "nereodiversity", BUT I think when a kid is severely affected, its important to try to give them as many options as possible)

That is soooooooo Wonderful. There is nothing like the joy your child can bring you.

That's wonderful news!!! for sure it brings a joy for everyone and a big reward for your son's achievements well done :thumb:

your son's milestone quite amazing and his goal development skills learning memorize the alphabets and others.. I praise your son's progressing..
Honestly (breath breaking carried away), Amazing your son's progressing and quite impressive.. I know you'll be proud him everyday and how he worked hard.

Applause your son!
Way to go!

Congrats!!! You must be filled with joy at this moment! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

wow, that´s wonderful news... I can image that you must be very proud... It´s wonderful to know that it develop your son´s skill really good... keep it then it will improve his skill more and more... It´s good to know that your son moviate it well.

thats really awesome wonderful news!! Hope he keeps up and make you proud of him what he can achieve the goals. :)

Jolie

I'm so happy to hear the process of your son's school report from his teacher on his recognizing.

I remember my mother was telling me few weeks ago or a month ago. My niece
Sammie, she's speaking more now and doing well. I miss that little sweet girl. Someday I will see her if I am in Mass again :)

Wendy

Thank You, Everyone for your radiant support and encouragement. I do realize that it is a start and it will still be a long progress. I am also aware that it is not out of the woods yet but in time, it seems to get there.

Wow, that's great news, Jolie; you must be very proud. It all begins with the first step, no matter how long it takes to get going and hopefully based on the first step, his carry-over will be spot on and the pace will step up.

Thanks. Yes, This is a major breakthrough. With time, I hope it will be much more accomplished. I am not trying to set myself for a high hope but I am staying positive on this.

Thats so cool to hear. There is an autistic boy at my church that attends Awanas and they've asked me to start working with him a bit there to teach him some signs since he absolutely refuses to talk to anyone except for his mother. Its neat seeing kids start to open up to the world around them and start communicating back to us what is in their world.

That is cool. Are you going to start working with the autistic boy? If so, How has the progress been? I would love to hear more of this and to share the inputs/feedbacks in order to get different perspective.

Hey that is wonderful news!!! i am happy for your son! That is indeed a milestone. I have been in your shoes before as my son was austitic when he was young and now is outgrow of it but he still have SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder) and development Delay. He had come a long way to where he is today. It take time! small steps to giant steps. Give that teacher pat on the back for good job! As always keep working with your son. You never know ...I am so happy for you! :)

I see, and yes, It takes a step to get the ball rolling. This is a start and I am thankful for his teacher. She has been really exceptional and amazing. She has had a lot of patience working with my son.

YAY!!!! Jolie, I was unaware that your son was autistic.
It sounds like he's very affected. Are you going with a "whatever works" approach as to his treatment and education? You might want to look into "alternative" treatments, like the GF/CF diet, and other things like that.Have you been to DAN! doctors yet? Those could really really help him! (and yes, I know the debate in the autistic community about "nereodiversity", BUT I think when a kid is severely affected, its important to try to give them as many options as possible)

I am working with the approach to try something different or anything new to see how it works and/or what fits for him. So, yeah, You could say I'm using the "whatever works" approach to find something out of it. Apparently the stencils worked for him, So I'm going to stick to that and to get him to write a lot more. It is a start.

I have heard of those DAN! Doctors but I haven't been to one yet. As for the dieting, He is not on a certain diet yet. My son is physically able to do anything and he is able to do a lot of hand/eye coordinations. He also knows how to count the numbers from 1 to 30 so far. I also do agree, It is imperative to give them as many options as possible to see whatever works.

It is the communication part that needs a lot of working. He is able to express his feelings. He will cry. He will get mad. He will laugh. Whenever he is really upset or gets mad, that is when he will try to bite me. If it's on a paper, that's fine with me as long as he is able to write. I have also been trying to get him to sign some words and he knows a little of them.

By the way, I will keep you guys updated on his progress and see how things goes. Once again, Thank You! ;)

Jolie, its those seemingly small acheivements that our children with autism have that make all the time, effort and patience worthwhile.

It sends goosebumps up your spine to see those achievements that occur so easily in non autistic children, yet for those with autism, its a huge step. I do understand. Our path with our own autistic child has been frustrating, but also we have much joy at times like this.

It sounds like you have a fantastic teacher/assistant working with your son - that is half the battle. Best wishes for future acheivements!

Kangaroo

That's awesome jolie!
I'd look into the Gluten free casien free diet. It really has helped a lot of autistic kids, especially those on the higher end of the spectrum. The basis of it is basicly that autistic kids are so severely allergic to glueten and casien that it manifests as the really strange autistic behavoirs.

Hey Jolie,
Wow that is a great milestone for sure... and it is great your autistic son using the ABC stencil to help him.

I'm sure you are very proud of your son and it is getting somewhere. :)

hugz

That's great to hear. Encourage him with ur love and praise. Congratulations on his progressive. ;)

Alllllrrright! I am learning about austic kids because I am curious about it and many other things, too.

That is a wonderful news about your son. I bet he has made you feel so proud of him. :)

Jolie, its those seemingly small acheivements that our children with autism have that make all the time, effort and patience worthwhile.

It sends goosebumps up your spine to see those achievements that occur so easily in non autistic children, yet for those with autism, its a huge step. I do understand. Our path with our own autistic child has been frustrating, but also we have much joy at times like this.

It sounds like you have a fantastic teacher/assistant working with your son - that is half the battle. Best wishes for future acheivements!

Kangaroo

I wasn't aware you also do have an autistic child. How are you able to make a step with your autistic child to go further? Indeed, It takes everything to get there. Certainly, it is not out of the woods yet but at a point, we all have to think out of the box to get there one way or other.

That's awesome jolie!
I'd look into the Gluten free casien free diet. It really has helped a lot of autistic kids, especially those on the higher end of the spectrum. The basis of it is basicly that autistic kids are so severely allergic to glueten and casien that it manifests as the really strange autistic behavoirs.

Thanks for your advice, I will look into that. You have been a big help. Can you care to expand the idea of how gluten and casien affects autistic children in a way or other? What I mean is, How does it manifests their behaviors?

Alllllrrright! I am learning about austic kids because I am curious about it and many other things, too.

There are different variety of spectrums for autism. Not every autistic child are the same. They function on different levels. Some of them are mild, severe and a lot more to it.

To be able to get an idea of what autism is like, I'd recommend you to read the book "Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships" by Temple Grandin. The author, Temple, herself has autism. She also has wrote several other books which are also exceptional. Dr. Temple Grandin Books and Videos

Back