my son is deaf, finally

Thank you so much karissamann05... that was brilliant job.... go and have a glass of wine, you deserve it... Hugs

I am very offended that you think that deaf babies should be implanted so they don't have any say in this matter. That tells me that you think deaf people are sub-human therefore they can't make good reasoning. People like you shouldn't be allowed to be parents because deaf children do suffer under that kind of thinking.

i am not sure but i think they are saying that they agree with you, and are simply asking if a hearing child has ever been made deaf medically. maybe they can clarify for us what exactly they are trying to say before we cut them down.....:hmm:

:applause: KarissaMann05 for translation.

Like all of you - I was :eek3: and :mad2: when he had cochlea surgically-removed but... the ending was a shocker. Good video but hate to say that I've been shocker'ed

hsoxtf.jpg

i am not sure but i think they are saying that they agree with you, and are simply asking if a hearing child has ever been made deaf medically. maybe they can clarify for us what exactly they are trying to say before we cut them down.....:hmm:

This is not the AD way!!:lol: Try to remember that.

Your very welcome, everyone! :ily:

:grouphug:

I may edit all four posts in a bit later. Depends on what I am doing for this tonight.

Okay, my opinion on this video.

Yes, that is exactly how I feel, too...

I remember somewhere else that deaf parents want their child to be hearing. My opinion, deaf parents should have the rights as hearing parents are. If deaf parents want their child to be deaf, I would support them as I consider it is fair. I see so many hearing parents want their children to able hear and speak, so why not deaf parents do the same thing? :dunno:

I'm not surprise if I got flames for this another tiny post...

Shel, what an :asshole: I'm sorry that you experienced that. :hug:

Being a teenager is hard, and teenagers always feel insecure sometimes. This insult went way beyond ordinary insecurity. The message was cruel and crude. Glad that he's gone! :wave:

Shel, what an :asshole: I'm sorry that you experienced that. :hug:

Being a teenager is hard, and teenagers always feel insecure sometimes. This insult went way beyond ordinary insecurity. The message was cruel and crude. Glad that he's gone! :wave:

Thanks, that's why I dont think this guy in the video is stupid.

As for my mom's ex...
he is still around as he is the father of my 21 year old brother but lives in Arizona so that's 3,000 miles away.

Your very welcome, everyone! :ily:

:grouphug:

I may edit all four posts in a bit later. Depends on what I am doing for this tonight.

Okay, my opinion on this video.

Yes, that is exactly how I feel, too...

I remember somewhere else that deaf parents want their child to be hearing. My opinion, deaf parents should have the rights as hearing parent ares. If deaf parents want their child to be deaf, I would support them as I consider it is fair. I see so many hearing parents want their children to able hear and speak, so why not deaf parents do the same thing? :dunno:

I'm not surprise if I got flames for this another tiny post...

I agree with you. Society is very medically-centered anyway.

Ummm. . . if a hearing child were born to a deaf couple, wouldn't the child learn ASL from the parents and spoken language from other people? The child would be bilingual. Why would that be a problem? How is that any different from a home where the child speaks a language other than the main language, like a child that speaks Spanish or Vietnamese as a first language in a English-speaking country? :dunno2:

Ummm. . . if a hearing child were born to a deaf couple, wouldn't the child learn ASL from the parents and spoken language from other people? The child would be bilingual. Why would that be a problem? How is that any different from a home where the child speaks a language other than the main language, like a child that speaks Spanish or Vietnamese as a first language in a English-speaking country? :dunno2:

It is more of a perspective relating to CIs in deaf children.

I am very offended that you think that deaf babies should be implanted so they don't have any say in this matter. That tells me that you think deaf people are sub-human therefore they can't make good reasoning. People like you shouldn't be allowed to be parents because deaf children do suffer under that kind of thinking.

I think you read CJB's post wrong. No need to castrate him over something that isn't clearly worded. He agreed with the method of the video. He's pro-Deaf, and if you actually took the time to read how he worded it, you would know it without being a reactionary.

SkullChick said:
its just tool to help strengthen their own good, self-esteem, to be strong person with all language opportunitie

And this is where I disagree with. My experience with the CI kids? They fall into the "uncanny valley" (look it up, it's a term used in robotics-- but I am borrowing the concept here.) The closer they get to become like a hearing person, the more the mainstream reject them because they start viewing the differences as mental retardation, not deafness. And as a result, these kids got pretty crappy self-esteem. In this day and age, deaf people get treated better than hard-of-hearing.

Anyway, I always wondered why hearing people were allowed to have surgeries done on deaf kids-- yet deaf people were not allowed to make their own kids deaf as well.

my comment, he's moron
both side pissed me off the make up story about making kids deaf, and the anti-CI "truth" to the story theory pissed me off because CI does not makes kids hearing, its just tool to help strengthen their own good, self-esteem, to be strong person with all language opportunities (im speaking from pro Bi-Bi with Ci point of view) to appreciates music, using phone, speaking with people effortlessly but still have choice of turning sound off by simply pop coil off enjoy silence and able to sign effortlessly to communicate with other deaf people or their parents, great back up if CIs failed or processor broke and sent in for repair they can have interpreter to sign everything in school.
so im all for bilateral CI on all profoundly deaf children with both spoken and sign skills.
However i do respect if the deaf parents choose not to implant the kids nor put hearing aids on them because its their own kids not mine so its not my problem or business to pry in and shove my opinion in their throats.
it will just sadden me a bit seeing deaf people with no sign skills, or no spoken skills, no hearing aid or CI on their ears. but nothing on this earth is all perfect happy balanced, best in both or all world so all we can do is keep opinions to ourselves if its not gonna do any good by speaking out to people who already made their decision for their kids so.

Deaf people can have all of that without a CI if hearing people would just treat them like human instead of pushing them to be more like hearing people. I have just ended that behavior by hearing people towards me by changing my attitude towards them.

I know a lot of deaf people who have good self-esteem, the strongest people I have ever met and are fluent in multiple languages...all without a CI.

Just a FYI..

I think you read CJB's post wrong. No need to castrate him over something that isn't clearly worded. He agreed with the method of the video. He's pro-Deaf, and if you actually took the time to read how he worded it, you would know it without being a reactionary.

And this is where I disagree with. My experience with the CI kids? They fall into the "uncanny valley" (look it up, it's a term used in robotics-- but I am borrowing the concept here.) The closer they get to become like a hearing person, the more the mainstream reject them because they start viewing the differences as mental retardation, not deafness. And as a result, these kids got pretty crappy self-esteem. In this day and age, deaf people get treated better than hard-of-hearing.

Anyway, I always wondered why hearing people were allowed to have surgeries done on deaf kids-- yet deaf people were not allowed to make their own kids deaf as well.

I have seen that happen way tooo often with so many children. Too often..and it is a shame.

Since I don't know ASL is anybody willing to give me an idea of what he said in the video? I'm just curious since the subject title kind of gets to me: did he want his son do be deaf?!? That confuses me... :shrug:

:ty:

I was thinking the same thing! did the parent what a deaf son , the title sound it good news to the parent! If that is the case, I do not get it!

I was thinking the same thing! did the parent what a deaf son , the title sound it good news to the parent! If that is the case, I do not get it!

after the video is shown on this thread you can scoll down alittle ways and there is a few post that translate what the video is sasying. its a joke, but its to make people stop and think about what if a deaf parent took their hearing child in to be made deaf... its an example of the CI but in reverse....
its to make people think outside the box.:cool2:

I do not think this would be a problem as long as the child is around people that do talk. Some hearing parents are teaching their hearing baby signs to tell when they're hungry . The babies do not get so set as they can sign what they want!

Deaf people can have all of that without a CI if hearing people would just treat them like human instead of pushing them to be more like hearing people. I have just ended that behavior by hearing people towards me by changing my attitude towards them.

I know a lot of deaf people who have good self-esteem, the strongest people I have ever met and are fluent in multiple languages...all without a CI.

Just a FYI..

I agree.

anyone who decide not to get a CI DO have good self-esteem, the strongest people and know what they want to do with their lives as well.

after the video is shown on this thread you can scoll down alittle ways and there is a few post that translate what the video is sasying. its a joke, but its to make people stop and think about what if a deaf parent took their hearing child in to be made deaf... its an example of the CI but in reverse....
its to make people think outside the box.:cool2:

It was a very well-made story to get people to think outside of the box IF they are willing to. It takes being open-minded for people to step out of their comfort zone and think from outside of the box.

Back