My new dog

i think it very cruel to interbreed wolf and dog just like it is interbreed dangerous cats with moggies

But did you know they just started a new breed for puppy mills, They started breeding pit bulls with collies (lassie)
They will tear their asses up then run and get help for them.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

sonocativo said:
I have a couple of questions about service dogs.

1. Is there one agency that certifies them all?

2. What about this from the ADA? It says that service dogs don't need to be certified.

Commonly Asked Questions About Service Animals in Places of Business #3

I know that nopt all service dogs need to be certified, those are the ones that just work in the home, ones that work in public have to be certified.

But that's not what the ADA says. Do you have a source for that?

bollocks do not mention badger,they about to cull all our badgers in uk.. i fighting with thousands to stop pricks in our goverment allowing this

There are many people (I personally know 5) who self-train their dog to be a service dog. However, as I tell them, their dog can never be a license service dog.
Their dog can not go into a movie theater with them. A service dog can. A movie theater that refuses entrance to a service dog gets sued.
Their dog can not ride first-class nor coach on an airplane. A service dog can. An airline that refuses to allow a service dog to fly in first-class or coach will be sued.
Their dog can not go into a hospital. A service dog can.
Their dog can not go into a restaurant (I'm not speaking of an outdoor patio area). A service dog can.
Why? Because a service dog is licensed.
As an example: back in 1978 Houston had its very first case of a restaurant being sued by a deaf man, Don Adkins, for to allow entrance of his service dog into the restaurant. Don won the case and was awarded $5,000.00.

I know , I had a hearing dog. I when out to to a restaurant with my daughter and hearing dog and the manger tried to kick us out. Our waitress knew about the ADA Act and told the manger to let us stay. I kind of wish we did leave as I had forgotten how bad the food was there. My daughter was so upset when she got home she called the home office of the restaurant and spoke the head manger ,to tell him want happen . The guy said he heard about it and he was really upset I was treated that way. He did not want me to sue him if i had been kicked out .

But did you know they just started a new breed for puppy mills, They started breeding pit bulls with collies (lassie)
They will tear their asses up then run and get help for them.

I shouldn't laugh because I hate the way pit bulls get a bad rap, but this is :laugh2:

And you would be right. Just like interpreters, there are different agencies that certify these terps. But ADA requires a certified interpreter in specific situations, other times a friend, etc. can interpret for the deaf person. Same with the service dogs. There are NOT state agencies (like individual DPS) that license but special certification agencies. Once a dog is certified and licensed, that dog falls under ADA as an assist/service dog and requires certain legal accommodations. IMO any and all dogs in a household should be self-train/self-taught. That bring respect and dependability to the human/animal relationship, besides it is fun. However, these are households dogs and are classified as pets not service dogs, although these pets will probably be doing 50% of the same notifications (i.e. door bell, washing machine, baby cry).

I know that nopt all service dogs need to be certified, those are the ones that just work in the home, ones that work in public have to be certified.

Look at it this way. A service dog is suppose to go wherever your ears go.
Your employer probably will not allow you to bring a pet to work every day but must accommodate a service dog. If you wish to have a self-taught/self-train dog for your home, I really appreciate that because I believe all households will benefit from a well train animal. However, refer to your dog as just that...self-taught/self-train..and save the terms...service dog or hearing dog...for those that are certified.
I've had, in the past, a few instances where the deaf person wanted their dog to have the same rights as a service dog........not happening!!!!!!!!!

I know , I had a hearing dog. I when out to to a restaurant with my daughter and hearing dog and the manger tried to kick us out. Our waitress knew about the ADA Act and told the manger to let us stay. I kind of wish we did leave as I had forgotten how bad the food was there. My daughter was so upset when she got home she called the home office of the restaurant and spoke the head manger ,to tell him want happen . The guy said he heard about it and he was really upset I was treated that way. He did not want me to sue him if i had been kicked out .

The old signs on the door usually said: No Pets except Seeing Eye Dogs
Now they are saying Service Dogs.
Education is the key and I can see how in your situation I too would give the owner a break....a long as he agreed to train his staff and, if it is a national chain, also make sure headquarters trains all staff everywhere.

I do somewhere, One of the trainers I am using that owns the obeidience school also trains service animals, she is the one who will be taking her for the full service dog certification. I had a link for the ADA somewhere I just having put it in a file so it is floating in my mess on the computer but I will post it when I come across it. I finally picked up my hearing aids yesterday, great to hear a little bit again but I know its short lived from this point on, My audiologist is surprised how mych my hearing has dropped since my last visit, said I may lose it all sooner than he thought.

Look at it this way. A service dog is suppose to go wherever your ears go.
Your employer probably will not allow you to bring a pet to work every day but must accommodate a service dog. If you wish to have a self-taught/self-train dog for your home, I really appreciate that because I believe all households will benefit from a well train animal. However, refer to your dog as just that...self-taught/self-train..and save the terms...service dog or hearing dog...for those that are certified.
I've had, in the past, a few instances where the deaf person wanted their dog to have the same rights as a service dog........not happening!!!!!!!!!

Here is something that pissed me off about the ADA...
I used to work for the City in the Water Department. We were working on a water main break and I got drenched in water, as well as shorted out my HA, so I didnt have $3000 to get a new pair and the HR had a long waiting list to get new ones or even repairing mine... so they were going to terminate me for reasons of " concerns of safety"... I was moved over to Meter and Tap just to do meter readings, lower pay and that boss also wanted me out because he was afraid Id get hit by a car in the streets as I couldnt hear. So I filed a complaint with the ADA and they investigated and do you know what they said....
My employer did nothing wrong!
I was forced to transfer out and luckily a position with one of my former supervisors in Building Division had an opening and knew I was one of the best workers and took me back.
Im still pissed about that, But one disclaimer I found with the ADA states, they will not prosecute Government / State....WTF?

I took Storm to the vet a few days ago, they called her old vet to get on the same page with care on that eye. All meds stayed the same except an added pill now. So she gets 1/4 pill twice a day, eye drops/ointment alternated every 3 hours, a 4 mil dose of some orange goo that smells like kerosene. Well her eye is starting to clear up, the milky color is dispersing, but cannot tell the color yet, as her eye has ( hard to explain this part) a high blood flow to heal it so if its blue it looks brown but its not brown, looks like old blood if that makes since so if it is blue it is discolored for now, but I think she may have Bi-Colored eyes? Anyways it is clearing and I hope her eyesight in that eye is saved.

Its not like going out and snatching up a wolf and breeding it, these are also pets where people have adopted a wolf cub, yes you will find them in shelters too all because some little kid was walking and found a litter and picked one to take home... Mommy can I keep it?
So then it all starts....as a pet, an unwanted pet, abandoned or set loose...
There are too many risks in breeding wolves with dogs. Wolves are wild animals and people that think it is 'cool' or 'awesome' to own a wolf/dog hybrid
for a pet better know what they're getting into ! If the hybrid does attack another dog or person the wolf part is going to blamed for the attack. And this is not fair to the wolves as they're being forced to 'act' like a 'good dog ' or a 'pet'. It also will cause more people to fear wolves and want to kill them off.
A wolf does not belong in a house and a dog/wolf hybrid is a wolf. People should stop messing nature and go to the shelter and help save a dog or cat from being killed.

Here is something that pissed me off about the ADA...
I used to work for the City in the Water Department. We were working on a water main break and I got drenched in water, as well as shorted out my HA, so I didnt have $3000 to get a new pair and the HR had a long waiting list to get new ones or even repairing mine... so they were going to terminate me for reasons of " concerns of safety"... I was moved over to Meter and Tap just to do meter readings, lower pay and that boss also wanted me out because he was afraid Id get hit by a car in the streets as I couldnt hear. So I filed a complaint with the ADA and they investigated and do you know what they said....
My employer did nothing wrong!
I was forced to transfer out and luckily a position with one of my former supervisors in Building Division had an opening and knew I was one of the best workers and took me back.
Im still pissed about that, But one disclaimer I found with the ADA states, they will not prosecute Government / State....WTF?

I don't mean to be a spoiler nor rude but you should have taken this up with EEOC. Using them, I have no doubt you would have a serious case and an excellent chance of winning.

I don't mean to be a spoiler nor rude but you should have taken this up with EEOC. Using them, I have no doubt you would have a serious case and an excellent chance of winning.

Oh yeah, I did involve the EEOC... I even requested a hearing service dog ( and yes it can be done ) but they shot that down the tube as well. City wasnt paying for it, ADA and EEOC said they didnt have to " provide reasonable accomodations" either.... now tell me if the government is on our side or not? Nope, not in my books.

Oh yeah, I did involve the EEOC... I even requested a hearing service dog ( and yes it can be done ) but they shot that down the tube as well. City wasnt paying for it, ADA and EEOC said they didnt have to " provide reasonable accomodations" either.... now tell me if the government is on our side or not? Nope, not in my books.

I feel your pain :-(

Back