My new dog

sonocativo

Reaction score
I am getting an Alusky ( siberian mom/ Malimute dad ) special breed, I am trying to decide a name and I think I am going to name her Storm.

Attachments

• dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 20
I am getting an Alusky ( siberian mom/ Malimute dad ) special breed, I am trying to decide a name and I think I am going to name her Storm.

Really adorable dog...I like the name "storm" too. I'll bet she'll be storming through your place a lot over the next few months. :)

Laura

Batman to the Rescue....nice looking dog...and his/her paws are really big...Feel sure my Pomeranian is tooo sophiscated for any introduction from this doggie tho'. :wave:

I am not really crazy about cross breeding dogs when there are so many dogs in shelters that need a forever home.

I am not really crazy about cross breeding dogs when there are so many dogs in shelters that need a forever home.

This is what stops me from going that route. While I'd love to have a special breed of dog, I'm more interested in adopting a special needy dog.

Laura

Ben wanting to get another dog myself, since I've been asking my son to take "his cat", and my doggie does need some company and a playmate...But thinking my doggie is so spoiled and treated just like a "baby", it might not work with the "jealousy" problem....Still mulling over it...and the Humane Society or the No Kill Shelter sounds good to me.

This dog is being gifted to me as a Hearing Service Dog.

And so many people are ignorant, what about all the wild animals, not just the dogs/cats... its a natural for them to breed and survive. Even without the shelters it wll still be as god intended them to mate naturally.

I agree with fixing them as Im not breeding nor want it to breed, so I am responsible enough myself. Besides my daughter is a Vet Tech and have the besy care for our animals.

This dog is being gifted to me as a Hearing Service Dog.

And so many people are ignorant, what about all the wild animals, not just the dogs/cats... its a natural for them to breed and survive. Even without the shelters it wll still be as god intended them to mate naturally.

I agree with fixing them as Im not breeding nor want it to breed, so I am responsible enough myself. Besides my daughter is a Vet Tech and have the besy care for our animals.

So this is your only dog, correct? I'm told they don't give hearing dogs to people who already have a dog in their home. I wish I had one myself, hearing or otherwise.

Laura

No, My wife has 2 show dogs (small ) it will be my only dog once I move out, They as in the training facility wont give a service animal to anyone with other pets for reasons of distractions, I have trained dogs and they arent what they say... They get shelter kills to train, these are breed dogs so more mellow than mixed breeds. And if you dont think its possible my wife can back some of the things Ive done.
I have put tropical fish in with Chiclids and the chiclids have never killed any of them, the pet store said it wasnt possible and now I have breeders as well, this is a 310gallon aquarium, and everyone bet agaisnt me and I won, I will get pics later to prove it if anyone is interested in seeing it.

No, My wife has 2 show dogs (small ) it will be my only dog once I move out, They as in the training facility wont give a service animal to anyone with other pets for reasons of distractions, I have trained dogs and they arent what they say...

That's the one stipulation I really hate about people who place hearing service dogs. I personally don't buy that a dog can't concentrate with another dog in the home.

Laura

That's the one stipulation I really hate about people who place hearing service dogs. I personally don't buy that a dog can't concentrate with another dog in the home.

Laura

We are training the 2 show dogs and they have to ignore 1000's of dogs of all breeds during the shows... So yeah, I dont buy it either. All they do is classify them as PETS or WORKING DOGS... mine will be both, all it is doing is listening for me and alerting me...

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
We are training the 2 show dogs and they have to ignore 1000's of dogs of all breeds during the shows... So yeah, I dont buy it either. All they do is classify them as PETS or WORKING DOGS... mine will be both, all it is doing is listening for me and alerting me...

Love the picture of you and the pup...:D Your response reminded me of the second thing I hate about people that place service dogs - they act like the dog's an object that we're not permitted to love as pets. I think that's just garbage. A service dog may well have a job but it's a pet first, who also provides assistance. This thread is inspiring me to consider training my own service dog.

Laura

There is a member from Florida here thattrains her own serive dogs, need to see how she does it and she has several dogs I believe.

This is what stops me from going that route. While I'd love to have a special breed of dog, I'm more interested in adopting a special needy dog.

Laura

My dog Marty is a mini poodle mix and he is a rescue dog. I saw him on shelter web site and it was love at first sight! There are tons of great dog and cats needing a forever home. Marty was a very sick dog when I adopted him. I could had brought him back and gotten another dog but there was no way I would turn my back on him. I nursed him back to health and now he is happy little boy.

So this is your only dog, correct? I'm told they don't give hearing dogs to people who already have a dog in their home. I wish I had one myself, hearing or otherwise.

Laura

As an ex-trainer of Service Dogs (Texas Hearing Dogs..aks Texas Service Dogs) I can tell you that the Deaf are allow to have another dog. This other dog would be treated as a pet and the rules and regulations for the service dog must be strictly followed.

Only thing is, if they are streated solely as a pet at home they wont listen for you... I beg to differ.. Once they are trained they know it like basic commands. Some just needs more work than others. My Jack russel is awesome , but my daughter keeps him now its her baby.

Oh my. What a cute puppy! I would smother him with hugs and kisses! :wave:

aww that is adobarbale , I have my supervisor take care on 4 dogs, baby puppy :) pretty spending to take care cutes puppy I am surprised my suppervisor my caregiving told me 4 dogs lots of work!

Back