My new dog

Thanks for all the great comments, she is beautiful with a great personality as well. Vet is working on saving that eye and she is not happy about that.

something didnt make it...lol

Attachments

• Photo603.jpg
    Photo603.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo599.jpg
    Photo599.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 12
is it true americans cross breed wolves with domestic dogs

No, if they cross breed a wolf they will do it with an Alaskan Malamute or a Siberian Husky since the markings are so close as well as the body. Siberians and Malamutes are in the wolf family anyways.
I was just watching severals shows last night on the top 10 strongest dogs, and the Alaskans/Malamute are back to back and also stronger than a pit which surprised me.... Pits are only strong for a short period and they tire, ALaskans/Malamute are strong as well as Endurance for pulling sleds, where a pit is strong when trained to pull up to 2000 pounds the pit can only do it a short period and take in consideration a pit can only work in the warm climates where the husky breeds can work in the harsher cold weathers sub zero.... Huskies also out rank pitbulls in the top 10 most feared dogs as well, Surprisingly.

huskies have never come across to of danger dogs...my mum had yorki bitch who bit her finger off....that dog and her had alot in common both bitches

Why?

Laura

Because a service dog is license and that license requires strict compliance to the rules and regulations of caring for the service dog. A pet might have a license, in this case since the pet is another dog it is required to, but that license is under a local regulation authority (i.e. a city's animal control). With Texas Service Dogs (and I would think most all other service dogs providers), the dog would be removed from the care of the deaf person if the rules and regulations are not strictly followed. Years ago when I was a trainer, I did take control of dogs not being properly cared for. To be fair, we did give "second chance".

I hope you able to keep your dog cool during the hot weather in Summer time. Beautiful puppy, enjoy it while it lasts. :lol:

Because a service dog is license and that license requires strict compliance to the rules and regulations of caring for the service dog. A pet might have a license, in this case since the pet is another dog it is required to, but that license is under a local regulation authority (i.e. a city's animal control). With Texas Service Dogs (and I would think most all other service dogs providers), the dog would be removed from the care of the deaf person if the rules and regulations are not strictly followed. Years ago when I was a trainer, I did take control of dogs not being properly cared for. To be fair, we did give "second chance".

So youre saying a deaf person with a service dog cannot meet , fall in love and move in with another woman because she has a pet and /or you have to tell her she needs to get rid of her pet to be/live together? Thats just wrong all the way around.

Kinda like you cant bring a new baby home because you already have 2 at home and it will distract you from caring for the newborn? Ok, the government has their hands too far into our pockets playing pool.

I'm only saying that there can be other pets within the home but the service dog is never to be considered nor treated like a pet. Let try and help you understand.

Food:
pet.....anything you want................ service dog..........strict diet

Exercise:
pet...........anytime and any kind you want........... service dog.........required daily

Training:
pet..........if you want to.............. service dog.......required daily refresher

Vet Care
pet.........up to you......... service dog.........required on schedule visit to vet

I've always been curious about wolf hybrids. Not that it would fit in my life style. I saw one when I volunteered at animal shelter. Some people thought she was a pure Husky. Some thought she was part wolf.

That's the one stipulation I really hate about people who place hearing service dogs. I personally don't buy that a dog can't concentrate with another dog in the home.

Laura

Paws with a Causes will not let you have a service dog if you already have a dog. I agree with you , I think if had a pet dog he/she would learn how to be a service just by watching a service dog. Dogs are very smart are great teachers to other dogs. When I went to train with my hearing dog, Finlay there where about 8 dogs with their new owners and we had to train outside with our dogs and all the hearing dogs behave fine and did as told. If that was true not being able to concentrate with other dogs around then they would not be able to concentrate when in a store or walking a blind person across the street.

I've always been curious about wolf hybrids. Not that it would fit in my life style. I saw one when I volunteered at animal shelter. Some people thought she was a pure Husky. Some thought she was part wolf.

I wish there was a law against breeding wolves with dogs.

I wish there was a law against breeding wolves with dogs.

Its not like going out and snatching up a wolf and breeding it, these are also pets where people have adopted a wolf cub, yes you will find them in shelters too all because some little kid was walking and found a litter and picked one to take home... Mommy can I keep it?
So then it all starts....as a pet, an unwanted pet, abandoned or set loose...

Paws with a Causes will not let you have a service dog if you already have a dog. I agree with you , I think if had a pet dog he/she would learn how to be a service just by watching a service dog. Dogs are very smart are great teachers to other dogs. When I went to train with my hearing dog, Finlay there where about 8 dogs with their new owners and we had to train outside with our dogs and all the hearing dogs behave fine and did as told. If that was true not being able to concentrate with other dogs around then they would not be able to concentrate when in a store or walking a blind person across the street.

There are many people (I personally know 5) who self-train their dog to be a service dog. However, as I tell them, their dog can never be a license service dog.
Their dog can not go into a movie theater with them. A service dog can. A movie theater that refuses entrance to a service dog gets sued.
Their dog can not ride first-class nor coach on an airplane. A service dog can. An airline that refuses to allow a service dog to fly in first-class or coach will be sued.
Their dog can not go into a hospital. A service dog can.
Their dog can not go into a restaurant (I'm not speaking of an outdoor patio area). A service dog can.
Why? Because a service dog is licensed.
As an example: back in 1978 Houston had its very first case of a restaurant being sued by a deaf man, Don Adkins, for to allow entrance of his service dog into the restaurant. Don won the case and was awarded $5,000.00.

There are many people (I personally know 5) who self-train their dog to be a service dog. However, as I tell them, their dog can never be a license service dog.
Their dog can not go into a movie theater with them. A service dog can. A movie theater that refuses entrance to a service dog gets sued.
Their dog can not ride first-class nor coach on an airplane. A service dog can. An airline that refuses to allow a service dog to fly in first-class or coach will be sued.
Their dog can not go into a restaurant (I'm not speaking of an outdoor patio area). A service dog can.
As an example: back in 1978 Houston had its very first case of a restaurant being sued by a deaf man, Don Adkins, for to allow entrance of his service dog into the restaurant. Don won the case and was awarded $5,000.00.

After you train you service dog, you can get it certified and licensed in which I am doing myself. As most places that train only use rescued dogs with no choice of breed you want... They wont train your dog either, but there are places here that will train your dog and certify them for you for a fee, but through the AKC you can get them certified and licensed yourself if they pass the tests.

The big words are...."if they pass the test"
And if they do, the Deaf person still has to follow rules and regulations of the certifying agency.
Last I heard <10% of self-train dogs qualify.

The big words are...."if they pass the test"
And if they do, the Deaf person still has to follow rules and regulations of the certifying agency.
Last I heard <10% of self-train dogs qualify.

Thats because they lacked something, either training or temperment.
2 big issues are....

#1 Are they only going to be working at the home OR
#2 Are they going to be working in the Public
Stricter standards for dogs working in public, but we already have training facilities and trainers as well lined up.... starting with basics and working up, first is basic obeidience, the Canine Good Citizens which is an AKC certification class that you get awards as well as special badges for the dog itself, then the service dog training begins...thats why it usually takes 12-18 months to complete...then you test for the Certification and licenses.

I have a couple of questions about service dogs.

1. Is there one agency that certifies them all?

2. What about this from the ADA? It says that service dogs don't need to be certified.

Commonly Asked Questions About Service Animals in Places of Business #3

Back