My appt with ENT

Thanks girl! I'll bring them just in case! I cannot take Imeritix cuz it make me dizzy...only stay home and can take them! So I'll take Aleeve just in case!

I am sure my audiologists know what to do. :) I cannot wait and see what it is really sound like!!! Like I said earlier I don't expect anything! :)

that is a great and positive outlook! - that you do NOT HAVE ANY EXPECTATIONS! who knows you will be surprised!!! :D like i was when i found out that i had a hearing db just like a hearing person has! :thumb:

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED!!! :hug:

:eek3: :eek3: That's tomorrow! I hope I will do just well with turn on! :) :fingersx:

I will keep ya guys posted when I get home in the evening. So I will have a long day.

Should I bring my headache RX or Aleeve just in case? Any suggestion would be great!

It IS TODAY! Gasp! Waiting to hear from you, Lake! :rockon:

I went in and got my CI hooked up....everything is soo blurry at this moment. So loud and confusing! But I can hear so low pitch such as click like baby toy , car signals, not sure what else. I cannot hear the voice much yet. I'll go back for next Thursday for another mapping.

I know it take time though!

Yea, the first day is overwhelming...too many noises coming at you all at once.

Just take a day at a time.

Hi, I bet the first day with CI was overwhelming. Do take it easy and keep us updated on your progress!

I went in and got my CI hooked up....everything is soo blurry at this moment. So loud and confusing! But I can hear so low pitch such as click like baby toy , car signals, not sure what else. I cannot hear the voice much yet. I'll go back for next Thursday for another mapping.

yea... it is like that with me... what program are you set at?? i bet it is P1 and P2 with sensitivity only... then they will give you volume next week... right?? :thumb:

my boyfriend loves to tease me :squint: when i make noises like a baby/toddler who is exploring the different sounds!!! :lol: i would tap with my fork, trot like a horse, knock metal signs on the wall, etc... :D :Oops:

i get frustrated cuz i can't make out the sounds/noises when i am alone , ya know what i mean?? i wish i had someone with me 24/7 to help me with the sounds :D
my audiologist gave me a cd to practice listening to environmental sounds... cuz it is very expensive to purchase one from cochlear... bleh!!!

Oh yes...a bit frustrating but I know I will get there one day. My brain is confusing! So far tonight I hear beep from computer!! I was like what's the hell is that?! LOL! Someone said probably my computer. HA!

Yea, the first day is overwhelming...too many noises coming at you all at once.

Just take a day at a time.

Yea I know what ya mean! P1 and P2 and at low volume cuz everything is so loud! So I am giving myself a time. :) And also I don't like "ringing' sound inside my ear. Some said it take time to get rid of it. I hope soon lol! I just can't stand it!

Yes...next Thursday another mapping. :)

yea... it is like that with me... what program are you set at?? i bet it is P1 and P2 with sensitivity only... then they will give you volume next week... right?? :thumb:

my boyfriend loves to tease me :squint: when i make noises like a baby/toddler who is exploring the different sounds!!! :lol: i would tap with my fork, trot like a horse, knock metal signs on the wall, etc... :D :Oops:

i get frustrated cuz i can't make out the sounds/noises when i am alone , ya know what i mean?? i wish i had someone with me 24/7 to help me with the sounds :D
my audiologist gave me a cd to practice listening to environmental sounds... cuz it is very expensive to purchase one from cochlear... bleh!!!

Glad you got through the first day! Yes it is confusing like that for the first few weeks - I didn't hear cars for 2 weeks.

I wonder if perhaps you should ask the audie to turn it down? It shouldn't be so loud as to make it uncomfortable for you. It's best to start soft and then build it up.

She did but she said it wasn't that loud but to me yes! But seem so far I wore it for couple of hours...seem much better! Only thing I don't like is ringing sound. It drive me damn nut! Some said it will go away in few days to weeks or months. I hope few days, hee! But I will see what will it happen in couple of days. I can hear very low pitch...which that's good eh?

Glad you got through the first day! Yes it is confusing like that for the first few weeks - I didn't hear cars for 2 weeks.

I wonder if perhaps you should ask the audie to turn it down? It shouldn't be so loud as to make it uncomfortable for you. It's best to start soft and then build it up.

Yea I know what ya mean! P1 and P2 and at low volume cuz everything is so loud! So I am giving myself a time. :) And also I don't like "ringing' sound inside my ear. Some said it take time to get rid of it. I hope soon lol! I just can't stand it!

Yes...next Thursday another mapping. :)

oh wow! she gave you volume... i think it is kinda fast.. but again, each doctor/ and audiologist is different :)

i experienced little ringing on the first day (tinnitus >> sp?)... i couldn't stand it... and also it felt like something was popping in the back of my eyes too!??? :lol: it was damn scary...

Congratulations, Lake! Well, I'm happy to see other CIers on here sharing their experiences with you so you should be able to have something to compare with.

Thanks! It take time...now I start got some voices but not so clear yet. For example, when ya wore HA and batteries are dying...trying to get the sound...that's what sound like. I feel like that my batteries are dying but they are not. GRIN!

so I'll let my Audiologists know on Thurs am. And to adjust the sounds etc.

Congratulations, Lake! Well, I'm happy to see other CIers on here sharing their experiences with you so you should be able to have something to compare with.

Back