My appt with ENT

wow i saw the pic.. i hope everything ok for u and can hear

I wasn't on very much lately...thanks for speak out for me. :) I do wanted CI for over a year and finally got it. :) I am happy so far but not yet to have it activated. Yes on February 8th. So i am getting excited! Hee!

I don't have any side effect but ONLY I get sore or a little pain inside my ear and a little pressure from sleeping. That's all. Other than that I am doing great! :)

Smithtr,

To whom are you speaking to? Lake Tahoe? I think she is happy she got her CI and she can't wait to get activated on Feb 8th. I don't see anywhere (in this thread) she wants to remove it. Whether she needs a CI or not, that is her business and not ours. We need to support her in her new adventure and leave it at that. Your experience is not typical for those who decided they didn't like it or didn't have much success. For most these people, it was more because of a variety of reasons (unrelated to physical problems [i.e., headaches, pain, and etc.]) for being unable to make the transition to be successful with it. Remember, many more people are successful with them than those that are unsuccessfull with them. Otherwise, CIs wouldn't be going like gangbusters these days. Also, many people want to hear and that is no crime. Of course, it isn't normal hearing as such but compared to HAs, they really can expand one's horizons. For those that don't want to hear or see the need to hear (if that is one's lot in life), more power to them. Each to their own.

I exciting will surgeon remove imlpant. I hope see Social worker paid to health care and I will do it remove implant. I am happy I see if I want to see meeting to Dr.Brain in Vancouver... THat is great :)

If you are talking about your own implant, then that is good for you...

Lake Tahoe, glad you're doing great after surgery and now you're gonna be... :run: :Ohno: :Ohno: :hyper: waiting for your turn on!

Lake Tahoe,

I'm coming into this thread a little late. My apologies. I wanted to tell you how happy I am that your surgery went well!

Now comes the hard part...waiting for activation! :) (Try to hang in there! I know it's easier said than done! :)) I've been through the "waiting game" twice, so I know how difficult it is!

You don't need to be sorry! :)

Yes I am a bit nervous about my turn on date! :) I am sure I'll do just fine.

Just couple more weeks away! :hyper:

Lake Tahoe,

I'm coming into this thread a little late. My apologies. I wanted to tell you how happy I am that your surgery went well!

Now comes the hard part...waiting for activation! :) (Try to hang in there! I know it's easier said than done! :)) I've been through the "waiting game" twice, so I know how difficult it is!

:run: Just 6 more days till I get CI hooked up! I am a bit nervous how I'll react to it! I am sure I'll do just fine eh? :giggle:

:run: Just 6 more days till I get CI hooked up! I am a bit nervous how I'll react to it! I am sure I'll do just fine eh? :giggle:

you will do just fine! :)

except hear noises! :D
you might either hate the noises or feel weird...

it FELT SO WEIRD!!!
some of my friends HATED IT! it just depends on the person.. that's all :)
GOOD LUCK!!! :thumb:

Hee thanks! I don't expect anything that I really wanted. I let it flow and pick up what I can hear. :)

you will do just fine! :)

except hear noises! :D
you might either hate the noises or feel weird...

it FELT SO WEIRD!!!
some of my friends HATED IT! it just depends on the person.. that's all :)
GOOD LUCK!!! :thumb:

Hee thanks! I don't expect anything that I really wanted. I let it flow and pick up what I can hear. :)

yea same here... i have/had no expectations... i NEVER heard anything/or certain things before in MY WHOLE LIFE... now i can hear THE DIFFERENCE between RUBBING HANDS AND CLAPPING and even tea whistling! :D .... it is really amazing!!! :shock:

yea same here... i have/had no expectations... i NEVER heard anything/or certain things before in MY WHOLE LIFE... now i can hear THE DIFFERENCE between RUBBING HANDS AND CLAPPING and even tea whistling! :D .... it is really amazing!!! :shock:

Were you born deaf? I forgot if you said already...I'm just curious. :)

Yes I was born deaf due to rubella. My mom got the measles from the little girl she babysat and she named me after her!

I think I may mentioned it before but I can't remember lol!

At least I just said it. :giggle:
Were you born deaf? I forgot if you said already...I'm just curious. :)

:eek3: :eek3: That's tomorrow! I hope I will do just well with turn on! :) :fingersx:

I will keep ya guys posted when I get home in the evening. So I will have a long day.

Should I bring my headache RX or Aleeve just in case? Any suggestion would be great!

:eek3: :eek3: That's tomorrow! I hope I will do just well with turn on! :) :fingersx:

I will keep ya guys posted when I get home in the evening. So I will have a long day.

Should I bring my headache RX or Aleeve just in case? Any suggestion would be great!

well a friend of mine suggested i bring my pain meds... because she got terrible headaches from the activation, i guess because she wasn't used to the noises... and also her scar/swelling wasn't healed yet as well...

but i had NO PROBLEMS at all... even to this day, i never get sick of using my CI! i hear peoples' stories where some went crazy, hated their CI, had to turn it off for a while, etc... i was lucky... whew! :bowdown:

so why not bring yours??? to be on the safe side... i was very lucky because my audiologist started everything VERY SLOWLY and FROM THE BOTTOM TOO, so i amd comfortable, don't get overwhelmed, nutsy, etc... that others have experienced... so hopefully your audiologist will do the same by starting VERY SLOWLY AND FROM THE VERY BOTTOM AS WELL.. and then move you up little by little... :)

GOOD LUCK!!! you will do just fine!!! :D

Thanks girl! I'll bring them just in case! I cannot take Imeritix cuz it make me dizzy...only stay home and can take them! So I'll take Aleeve just in case!

I am sure my audiologists know what to do. :) I cannot wait and see what it is really sound like!!! Like I said earlier I don't expect anything! :)

well a friend of mine suggested i bring my pain meds... because she got terrible headaches from the activation, i guess because she wasn't used to the noises... and also her scar/swelling wasn't healed yet as well...

but i had NO PROBLEMS at all... even to this day, i never get sick of using my CI! i hear peoples' stories where some went crazy, hated their CI, had to turn it off for a while, etc... i was lucky... whew! :bowdown:

so why not bring yours??? to be on the safe side... i was very lucky because my audiologist started everything VERY SLOWLY and FROM THE BOTTOM TOO, so i amd comfortable, don't get overwhelmed, nutsy, etc... that others have experienced... so hopefully your audiologist will do the same by starting VERY SLOWLY AND FROM THE VERY BOTTOM AS WELL.. and then move you up little by little... :)

GOOD LUCK!!! you will do just fine!!! :D

Back