MVP HOT SPOT (WIFI ONLY) Discussion

Unfortunately, you misunderstood, some modem or router requires MAC ID to port forwarding thought this method. I know because I am a Technician and work for Purple. And as for public wifi it works for me unless you know how to set it up properly in MVP setting. I use DHCP on public wifi and turn off public IP, I get incoming all with PLN wit no problem at all since PLN is on SIP server. People who try to call you with IP address will not work on public wifi hotspot.

Ah Make sense. Not many routers requires MAC address. Real technician can't said "MAC ID". It's MAC address. :aw:

I noticed mostly people think they are technician and they don't know how to use the crimping tool. What's up with that?

Ah Make sense. Not many routers requires MAC address. Real technician can't said "MAC ID". It's MAC address. :aw:

I noticed mostly people think they are technician and they don't know how to use the crimping tool. What's up with that?

Are you testing me?

Mac ID and Mac address is both the same thing.

Yes, both are same thing but I never heard of MAC ID before till VRS's technician said that word. I was like WTF? I talked to many different hearing ITs from different company like banks, lawyers, government and they always said MAC ADDRESS. So I had to show them how to find the MAC address thru copier machine's system.

Huh?? Where the heck can you find a MAC address in the copy machine??? :scratch:

Well, to be honest...I have heard of Mac ID back in early 2000s, I regonized the sticker on the back of the cable modem and found out it is used to work smoothly between cable modem and the cable company, if it's not right address it will not work. I called the cable company and told them the Mac ID for my own cable modem I used so I can get it online with my own modem rather than theirs. I still have the cable modem collecting dust right now.

I just got the MVP set up recently few hours ago and it works great on wi fi here. Calvin and I chatted on it with his VP-200 and the VPAD+ no problems! Don't believe me? Ask him. :) You can call to Sorenson VP users or VPAD+ users with the local phone # :)

I just got the MVP set up recently few hours ago and it works great on wi fi here. Calvin and I chatted on it with his VP-200 and the VPAD+ no problems! Don't believe me? Ask him. :) You can call to Sorenson VP users or VPAD+ users with the local phone # :)

I already knew about this ;) It works fine when I had a chat with Nathan when I was using DLink DVC 1000 to his MVP

I already knew about this ;) It works fine when I had a chat with Nathan when I was using DLink DVC 1000 to his MVP
good! Nathan is good technican to fix it. Did you use Crossloop program?

MVP WiFi are very negative due to rust wire in brain .. I think to feed more oil to techinican brain.. Laptop are best !! Have a nice day .....

Back