Mod needs represent when delete post.

diehardbiker

Reaction score
Hello all MODs, as you know some people likes to play blaming games around. However this one gives me hard thoughts. We have more than just one MOD here, and some of ADers think there is favortism going on. So, wondering if you mod could represent yourself when removing the post? Don't need to elaborate on why. But, just brief comment that you remove them so that member would not assume which moderator did this. 1 or 2 sentences is sufficient on purpose of post removal.
I have met RoadRunner, and Vampy in real life and they are cool guys. I do not feel justified for members to bash at one of them and assumption there is favortism. I also know Alex though good friend of mine. So, it would be fair if they step up and represent themselves to avoid favortism.

diehardbiker65 said:
Hello all MODs, as you know some people likes to play blaming games around. However this one gives me hard thoughts. We have more than just one MOD here, and some of ADers think there is favortism going on. So, wondering if you mod could represent yourself when removing the post? Don't need to elaborate on why. But, just brief comment that you remove them so that member would not assume which moderator did this. 1 or 2 sentences is sufficient on purpose of post removal.
I have met RoadRunner, and Vampy in real life and they are cool guys. I do not feel justified for members to bash at one of them and assumption there is favortism. I also know Alex though good friend of mine. So, it would be fair if they step up and represent themselves to avoid favortism.

This is a really good idea!

Plus, we can also know when posts are deleted. That way, the history of the conversation doesn't become so murky when someone makes a reference to something that was deleted.

A *Post Deleted by Moderator* message would really help clarify things.

Yea, or like this

"Post deleted by [mod's name] due to flaming which is prohibited by AD policy."

That is sufficient, and may help others understand how to better use of this forum.

Possiblity, remove the name of the post orignator that way, won't humiliate them in long term.

Endymion said:
Plus, we can also know when posts are deleted. That way, the history of the conversation doesn't become so murky when someone makes a reference to something that was deleted.

A *Post Deleted by Moderator* message would really help clarify things.

Amen Diehardbiker! :ily:

I really do think it's a good idea, I so tired of some members who point fingers at the wrong people, If they have a problem with one of the moderators removing their posts, Why don't they find out instead of putting the blame on the wrong moderator. I don't see how fair is that? I've gotten my posts remove many times some from Roadrunner, some from Alex, some from Vampy, How would I know? I asked each of them in private message who remove my posts and why? I got a reply back that my posts were uncall for. I accept it and move forward. ;)

diehardbiker65 said:
Yea, or like this

That is sufficient, and may help others understand how to better use of this forum.

Possiblity, remove the name of the post orignator that way, won't humiliate them in long term.

Good idea but, What if the whole post is uncall for? Do they just leave their name with a blank post and quoted [ post deleted by [Moderator's name] within a reason?

Yeah, good ideas, guys; much better than what they did in the 1950's B & W movie, "the Body Snatchers"! LOL!

Thanks for your positive feedback. I hope to hear all of the mod's feedback on this suggestion.

*mmmmmm* Reasonable Doubts...

Worth try shot and to see if any postive feedbacks.. would helpful together...

Can you guys wait til AD Cancus Or NOW discussion???
As for me, doesn't mind and wait til AD Cancus would be helpful feedback any kind general... Will not harmful discussion? Don't we ?

Can you tell me why doubt?

GalaxyAngel said:
*mmmmmm* Reasonable Doubts...

Worth try shot and to see if any postive feedbacks.. would helpful together...

Can you guys wait til AD Cancus Or NOW discussion???
As for me, doesn't mind and wait til AD Cancus would be helpful feedback any kind general... Will not harmful discussion? Don't we ?

DHB,

Actually I have not seen any some of missing delete or am I wrong.. probably I've gone sleepland... while you're on line more than I do.. I have no aware knowledge..

Probably you right... I don't know hard tell if you already knew... Ahead of time..
Meaning I'm wrong..

R u mentioned Debate section has been removed without you knowledge or what?
*curiouis*
I admit I need to get know more... little bit.. *smile*

diehardbiker65 said:
Yea, or like this

Your suggestion is excellent. That would be very helpful for the members to get some feedback or criticism in our comment. When you become angry or furious to typing really quickly without think of offense to anyone.

Feedback will be helpful for us because we can’t see ourselves. When they edit or delete our comment with Moderator’s name. We will know which one moderator did this to us.

Thanks,

i actually support this, this is being done on my forum to delinate any problems and they can direct thier issues with that moderator to find out why or what is going on, and how to ensure nothing is voilated or if accident voilated and etc. so i agree shld say this

* thread locked per creator's request*

* post edited by mod name *
* post removed * mod name and that way those can handle the issues in the PM without exposing and fighting.

and last but not the least once its completed and a problem airises they can take the option of pm, OR a IM of sorts to communicate with the moderator/admin.

i support this and the lesser plms :)

DHB,

It's a great idea ! I don't see anythin' wrong with it. Gooo for it ! :thumb:

Oh on a 2nd thought - be sure that BOTH of them ( RR & Vampy ) respond to everyone - NOT just MOD's circle of friends. I mean, both sides... just to be fair without "favoritism".

EXCUSE ME... AGAIN CR..

There's no such thing favoruistim...
issues MOD who part of job... not reason favorsitim.. Obvouisly you don't know what going on the prevouis this morning..
You have no rights point fingering to MOD'S NAME on this thread.. "Determinded they are favorsitim!" R u totally wrong..

My GAWD'SH!

GalaxyAngel said:
EXCUSE ME... AGAIN CR..

There's no such thing favoruistim...
issues MOD who part of job... not reason favorsitim.. Obvouisly you don't know what going on the prevouis this morning..
You have no rights point fingering to MOD'S NAME on this thread.. "Determinded they are favorsitim!" R u totally wrong..

My GAWD'SH!

Oh, boy - you are nothin' new. I don't point finger to MOD's NAME - Gee, I am just suggestin'. I thought I agree with DHB's idea. I can say what my opinions are. You can't tell me not to share my opinions or point of view.

Back