into
costumed-smiley-003.gif
again.
But
costumed-smiley-009.gif
will :locked: here.

Then
speechless-smiley-031.gif

I support Civil Union, I have couple of gay friends and I want them to have same opportunity as straight people have. While I'm not for the Gay marriage, I'm 100% for Civil Union and I think the partner should have the right to make decision on their partner as a husband would do to the wife and vice visa. I think it's a bit unfair how wives/Husbands have the right to make a choice for their spouse if the spouse is hurt or is unable to do so when the partners who's gay or Lesbian can't, only the family members are allowed to make the choice.

Come on, We're in twenty first Century, not in nineteenth or twentieth century. I think we should take a step, to make it all equal for EVERYONE. To think of it, in 1800's, blacks were slaves until 1865 when the Civil war has ended, Women first start to vote in early 1900's, then in 1960's, the blacks now have same rights as white, then in 1970's or 80's, the bi-racial marriage are not looked down upon. Now I think it's time for the Gay/Lesbieans to have their right to have Civil Union...it's only fair to do so. I think it's time for Everyone to be treated as equal.

That's my opinion.

I have to admit, I'm a little lost. So you're for equality, but not for equality.... yes? I mean, to me "equality" isn't really a ball-park figure kind of deal. Things either are or aren't equal. In this case, civil unions and marriages are definitely not equal. If you want to support civil unions, then fine, that's your choice to give that answer in this thread. But please at least understand how ridiculous (and kind of condescending and hurtful) the second paragraph of your post seems.

How would you feel if I said, "I'm completely for equality. I mean, it's 2009, people, let's get with the times. There's no reason to treat deaf people differently than hearing people, I think it should all be equal. Which is why I support deaf-deaf civil unions. I don't support deaf marriage, and I don't support deaf-hearing relationships, but I think they should be given the equal opportunities to have civil unions with other deaf individuals. That's only fair." Does that sound right to you? Or does it sound like my statement contradicts itself?

I don't want any of this to sound mean or angry, I'm just trying to explain how your post came across. Or at least how it came across to me.

I have to admit, I'm a little lost. So you're for equality, but not for equality.... yes? I mean, to me "equality" isn't really a ball-park figure kind of deal. Things either are or aren't equal. In this case, civil unions and marriages are definitely not equal. If you want to support civil unions, then fine, that's your choice to give that answer in this thread. But please at least understand how ridiculous (and kind of condescending and hurtful) the second paragraph of your post seems.

How would you feel if I said, "I'm completely for equality. I mean, it's 2009, people, let's get with the times. There's no reason to treat deaf people differently than hearing people, I think it should all be equal. Which is why I support deaf-deaf civil unions. I don't support deaf marriage, and I don't support deaf-hearing relationships, but I think they should be given the equal opportunities to have civil unions with other deaf individuals. That's only fair." Does that sound right to you? Or does it sound like my statement contradicts itself?

I don't want any of this to sound mean or angry, I'm just trying to explain how your post came across. Or at least how it came across to me.

^ *applause*

Well said. :cool2:

Instead of studying science, maybe you should think of Law school? :)

Back