• Same-sex Marriage

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Civil Union

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • No answer or other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Good post, Isfoster :)

Sorry, Kaelei... Yes, I do agree about equality but I just don't agree with some of your own post. Why not can't they get a marriage?

1800's - No, you can't marry an Indian-American!
1950's - No, you can't marry an Africa-American!
2000's - No, you can't marry a guy (or girl) if you are a man (or woman)!

Sound familiar? Well, guess what? One thing that you can't is... controlling a love on two couples.

Peace ^_^

Well said. :cool2:

Instead of studying science, maybe you should think of Law school? :)

Hahaha, I've had so many people tell me that, Byrdie, you have no idea. I thought about it, but I think my general stubborn-ness and love of arguing would end up getting me in trouble pretty soon. :laugh2::laugh2:

Hahaha, I've had so many people tell me that, Byrdie, you have no idea. I thought about it, but I think my general stubborn-ness and love of arguing would end up getting me in trouble pretty soon. :laugh2::laugh2:

And you would be good at it.

I know some of you were convince me to support marriage for gay people, however I could careless so much about this issue and they are deserved to get same equal, anyway.

My lesbian friend asked me to join with her for rally protest last year Nov 2008, GLBT people marched and put up with picket, that's amazing to watch.

My family support gay marriage because they both have gay and lesbian friends, that's why. And of course my aunt who's also lesbian too and she's been with her long time girlfriend. (That's my mom's side).

Sadly, some narrow-minded people are you know anti-gay marriage because they think it's sinful and wrong. :roll:

Nothing wrong with gay marriage, It is LOVE!!!

Gay people should be able to get married just like any streight couple can get married who does it hurt to let them have the same type of marriage I am allowed to have? Some people just have their heads so far up their a.... there are more important things in this world than worrying about a gay couple wanting to get married just like a streight couple can I say let them do it who does it hurt I ask you? NOBODY.

If two people love each other and are willing to make that commitment to each other then they should be allowed to get married. Its just so stupid to me that people are so stubborn when it comes to this subject. I just dont get why it should bother anyone because its nobodies business who a person wants to be with and It really ticks me off when people try to force others conform to their way of life just because they think its the ONLY way to live it.

Gay people should be able to get married just like any streight couple can get married who does it hurt to let them have the same type of marriage I am allowed to have? Some people just have their heads so far up their a.... there are more important things in this world than worrying about a gay couple wanting to get married just like a streight couple can I say let them do it who does it hurt I ask you? NOBODY.

If two people love each other and are willing to make that commitment to each other then they should be allowed to get married. Its just so stupid to me that people are so stubborn when it comes to this subject. I just dont get why it should bother anyone because its nobodies business who a person wants to be with and It really ticks me off when people try to force others conform to their way of life just because they think its the ONLY way to live it.

Awesome post!

What most people dont understand is that marriage is more than just a legal thing, its about supporting and standing with your partner in every situation imaginable, its love and all that mushy stuff. Its not just a confession before God that you commit yourself to this person for life, but its a confession and commitment you make to your partner in front of your friends and family, and more importantly its a confession and commitment you make to your partner. The only thing lacking in the American legal system is that it does not recognize these commitments as valid.

Dont get me wrong I love America but sadly we have a lot of religious fanatics in offices they shouldnt be in and they are more concerned about pushing their religious views onto everyone else regardless of whether or not it truly reflects the will of the people. There is a very clear reason of why the Constitution was based on Judeo-Christian principles but at the same time, we have a very clear seperation of Church and State. The Judeo-Christian principle follows the greatest commandment of all : To love your neigbor as yourself. The reason is to treat all men as equals in the eyes of God regardless of his or her status.

The seperation of Church and State was to keep the Church out of political affairs, this was to keep Christians from persecuting non-Christians, and vice versa.

I firmly believe that if gays can't get a recognition by the government as a married couple (I think they should), then a civil union recognition should be in place that has all the benefits as a marriage does as the UK has done.

The way I see it is that gays didnt get a vote on whether or not heterosexual couples should get married, and I believe Prop 8 became a double standard in which heterosexual people got to vote whether or not gay couple should get married. I believe Prop 8 is a boatload of crap, hopefully one day the Supreme Court will step in and mandate that same-sex marriages are in face legal and should be a right of all Americans just the same way the heterosexual marriage should be.

Oh well.. I believe in Civil Union!! I prefer is ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN, sorry

Hey, that's fine, I just believe in ONE HEARING PERSON and ONE HEARING PERSON. That's cool, right? I mean, don't get me wrong, deaf civil unions all the way! :roll:

(I mean, it's just my personal view, guys. I think that deaf people are just choosing a lifestyle that I don't agree with, sorry. I mean, there's no deaf marriage in the bible. I'm just saying....)

:cool2: :giggle:

Hey, that's fine, I just believe in ONE HEARING PERSON and ONE HEARING PERSON. That's cool, right? I mean, don't get me wrong, deaf civil unions all the way! :roll:

(I mean, it's just my personal view, guys. I think that deaf people are just choosing a lifestyle that I don't agree with, sorry. I mean, there's no deaf marriage in the bible. I'm just saying....)

:cool2: :giggle:

I believe in one penis and one vagina to be united. :lol:

I believe in one penis and one vagina to be united. :lol:

Oh no, better tell any couple doing it :buttsex: that their marriage certificate doesn't count. Gotta use the other hole. :roll:

Personally, I don't know why I need to have a penis involved in my marriage. If you don't want a penis inside you to validate your marriage, PowerON, then don't tell me I need one to validate mine. K, thanks. :cool2:

Back