Which you would choice?

• Same-sex Marriage

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Civil Union

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • No answer or other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
I voted no answer or other because this is about gay rights and I really don't understand much about civil unions. Anyway I go for the same marriage because if two males or two females love each other very much, then they should be happy to get married if they want to. No body who are different from normal relationship have to suffer unhappy if they can not get married in a civil ceremony whether in the courthouse or in a church if they can find very acceptable. Happiness is very important to every one's self esteem to have a good marriage. If not, then in order to be happy is to get a divorce so that no one have to suffer unhappy in a unloved marriage. I am straight, Catholic and liberal. I do support their gay rights as long as they are happy. This is my opinion. :scratch: <scratch on the head>

Shawn's pic of 2 guys making out... = extreme hotness.

Damn me and my gay guy fetish.

I voted no answer or other because this is about gay rights and I really don't understand much about civil unions. Anyway I go for the same marriage because if two males or two females love each other very much, then they should be happy to get married if they want to. No body who are different from normal relationship have to suffer unhappy if they can not get married in a civil ceremony whether in the courthouse or in a church if they can find very acceptable. Happiness is very important to every one's self esteem to have a good marriage. If not, then in order to be happy is to get a divorce so that no one have to suffer unhappy in a unloved marriage. I am straight, Catholic and liberal. I do support their gay rights as long as they are happy. This is my opinion. :scratch: <scratch on the head>

=)

Marriage has 1,138 federal rights and civil unions have 300 state rights. Thanks for being for equality :ty:

Who cares what the bible says anyways? It says loads of bizarro things.

Like stoning people to death and selling your own children into servitude to strange men.

I mean, who still follows those things?

Who cares what the bible says anyways? It says loads of bizarro things.

:lol: I really don't care... like what I said that I don't beleive in follow what the bible says but consider bible as a history, that's all.

I chose other. I support gay marriage right now, but I think the best option would be to remove the word "marriage" from any government-related institutions or laws. It just confuses people and makes them believe that there is any relationship between a government-issued "marriage" certificate, and a religious (or not) "marriage" ceremony. There isn't. The "marriage" that we're fighting for right now is nothing more than a piece of paper. Call it what it is, a "civil" "union" of two people. The problem right now is that civil unions were just invented a few years ago, and have no real basis in anything. They're only recognized at the state level, and they have no legal precedents attached to them yet, making them hard to deal with. If the government isn't willing to eliminate the word "marriage" from it's vocabulary, then I say marriages for all!

And I thought I was the only one who thought this way.

The government should honor prenuptial agreements and marriage contracts the same as they would any other contract. Other than that the rule of separation of church and state should apply and the government should have no interest in the matter.

I support Civil Union, I have couple of gay friends and I want them to have same opportunity as straight people have. While I'm not for the Gay marriage, I'm 100% for Civil Union and I think the partner should have the right to make decision on their partner as a husband would do to the wife and vice visa. I think it's a bit unfair how wives/Husbands have the right to make a choice for their spouse if the spouse is hurt or is unable to do so when the partners who's gay or Lesbian can't, only the family members are allowed to make the choice.

Come on, We're in twenty first Century, not in nineteenth or twentieth century. I think we should take a step, to make it all equal for EVERYONE. To think of it, in 1800's, blacks were slaves until 1865 when the Civil war has ended, Women first start to vote in early 1900's, then in 1960's, the blacks now have same rights as white, then in 1970's or 80's, the bi-racial marriage are not looked down upon. Now I think it's time for the Gay/Lesbieans to have their right to have Civil Union...it's only fair to do so. I think it's time for Everyone to be treated as equal.

That's my opinion.

I support Civil Union, I have couple of gay friends and I want them to have same opportunity as straight people have. While I'm not for the Gay marriage, I'm 100% for Civil Union and I think the partner should have the right to make decision on their partner as a husband would do to the wife and vice visa. I think it's a bit unfair how wives/Husbands have the right to make a choice for their spouse if the spouse is hurt or is unable to do so when the partners who's gay or Lesbian can't, only the family members are allowed to make the choice.

Come on, We're in twenty first Century, not in nineteenth or twentieth century. I think we should take a step, to make it all equal for EVERYONE. To think of it, in 1800's, blacks were slaves until 1865 when the Civil war has ended, Women first start to vote in early 1900's, then in 1960's, the blacks now have same rights as white, then in 1970's or 80's, the bi-racial marriage are not looked down upon. Now I think it's time for the Gay/Lesbieans to have their right to have Civil Union...it's only fair to do so. I think it's time for Everyone to be treated as equal.

That's my opinion.

:gpost:!! :D

Thanks for the post :hug: :)

EDIT: I realize I forget something to add... a bold font that I agreed. Sorry, I'm a bit of sleepy..

Last edited:

That's my opinion.

I don't like your opinion. How about we make black people only have civil unions? Or deaf people only civil unions?

There is NO reason why MY marriage can't be called what it is - a MARRIAGE. It doesn't effect you AT ALL but it does affect ME.

I don't like your opinion. How about we make black people only have civil unions? Or deaf people only civil unions?

There is NO reason why MY marriage can't be called what it is - a MARRIAGE. It doesn't effect you AT ALL but it does affect ME.

Jeez...you don't have to like my opinion, everyone has their own opinion and you didn't have to like mine. You're right, It doesn't affect me but it DOES affect my gay friends.

I wasn't trying to make you all upset, Poweron was just asking my Opinion on Civil Union or Marriage and I gave him my Opinion. Everyone has their right to speak out their opinion and you don't have to like it.

Sorry that I have upset you but I was just stating my opinion.

Jeez...you don't have to like my opinion, everyone has their own opinion and you didn't have to like mine. You're right, It doesn't affect me but it DOES affect my gay friends.

I wasn't trying to make you all upset, Poweron was just asking my Opinion on Civil Union or Marriage and I gave him my Opinion. Everyone has their right to speak out their opinion and you don't have to like it.

You didn't upset me. I just don't like bigoted opinions in general.

Both of civil unions and marriage aren't equal, period.

This thread is debate and your opinion will be question.

You don't even think of us whom are out-number over gay are still fear of gay. WE offer to give the civil union in a baby step. If you don't like baby step, you might get hurt as well as gay group. Think of good thing. Hey, Obama support civil unions. So, why not give a test before become true gay marriage in future with benefit you ask for.

Now now... don't be selfish bastard who said "ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!". All you need to give us a time. 21st century or not, we're human who have fear.

You don't even think of us whom are out-number over gay are still fear of gay. WE offer to give the civil union in a baby step. If you don't like baby step, you might get hurt as well as gay group. Think of good thing. Hey, Obama support civil unions. So, why not give a test before become true gay marriage in future with benefit you ask for.

Now now... don't be selfish bastard who said "ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!". All you need to give us a time. 21st century or not, we're human who have fear.

" You have nothing to FEAR but FEAR ITSELF."-- F.D. Roosevelt.

Wanting equal rights is not selfish. Civil unions are BABY STEPS, but CERTAINLY not equality.

kthx.

Back