Marijuana

I have tried it but my body responds to hestitate it. Oh well ! I am actually drink wine or beer in an occurs.

I think marijuana isn't good for anyone, it's not healthy and it can either put you in prison for life or will be dead on the streets. I can't stand the thought of drugs, it's a turn off for me~ But I'm not going to judge other people who does marijuana because it's their life to deal with, not mine. I try to live a healthy life the best I can. Marijuana can cause a lot of drama between people all the time and it's unreal... Get busted all the time even tho if you don't smoke marijuana with the person, you will still be busted and go to prison for life or whatever... The person can be drug-free and still be in prison for life time. Thats why I don't like to be around people who does drugs, its very uncomforable and who knows who is going to be busting the door down and Im not going to be in that situation! Im going to stay clean and be with drug-free people....

People use drugs as a excuse to help reduce stress and it does not solve anything~ If you need something to help reduce stress go to the doctor and talk to them what your feeling and most of the time they will help the best they can. They can give you some medications to help reduce stress like valuim or other etc. But with Marijuana your taking a risk of getting your ass busted, but with the medication that the doctor gave you, there is a less chance of getting busted since it's a order from the doctor. It's for your own safey! Why risk your reputation with marijunana?? Have more common sense and think of your life?

It's my 2 cents

Well I have 2 say I don't agree ... I just lost my hearing in nov. 07 2 menengitis and I would have been a basket case if I didn't smoke .. Its a hard thing 2 deal with going from great hearing never having a problem 2 nothing at all ... it allows me 2 stop thinking about it and just relax for awhile... not really shut my brain off but slow the bad thoughts and allow me 2 think about something else besides my lose of hearing... and 2 me it is better than goin 2 the Dr. So what he can put me on another narc. That's not a good plan and there are so many more side effects 2 the pills U get from the dr.. Than smokin a Bowl.... Fo'Shizzle U can't go 2 jail for knowing someone that smokes... I was a bar tender and I like stoners a lot more than drunks a lot easier 2 deal with.... and I think pot is less harmful than booze all the way around..

marijuana laws are a result of Nixons hatred of hippies. He ignored a study on herb that found it to be relatively harmless.

No thanks to smoke the dope of Marijuana unless it medical reasons. But here a little joke on Marijuana.

A smart criminal would answer, “No.” Then again, a smart criminal wouldn’t have called police to report that his marijuana had been stolen.

“Even the dumb criminals are generally smarter than this,” said Orem Police Lt. Doug Edwards.

Police received a call Monday night from an 18-year-old Orem man reporting that his home had been broken into and that the quarter-pound of marijuana he had been trying to sell was missing.

The burglar had broken a window and apparently cut himself while crawling into the home, Edwards said. The trail of blood indicated that the thief’s efforts were concentrated on the 18-year-old’s bedroom, where the drugs had been kept.

The Orem man told police that earlier Monday a 23-year-old Provo man had called him about purchasing the marijuana. The deal didn’t take place, however, because the 18-year-old was on his way to work, police said.

“(He) thought that (the Provo man) might be a good suspect in the case,” Edwards said.

Officers agreed and tracked the Provo man to his mother’s home, where they also found 6 ounces of marijuana and a pair of blood-soaked pants.

The man, who had a large cut on his arm, was arrested and booked in the Utah County Jail on Monday night for investigation of burglary, theft and possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with the intent to distribute.

With the stolen property recovered, officers called the 18-year-old and requested that he come to the Orem Public Safety Building to identify the bag of marijuana.

“He actually came and identified it as his,” Edwards said.

The 18-year-old was taken into custody and booked in the Utah County Jail just after midnight for possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with intent to distribute.

“I have no clue as to why (the 18-year-old) would report this crime to the police,” Edwards said, “but thank goodness that he did

Word of an advice,, don't end up the joke in the story! tsk!

After my deep research about the marijuana around the internet, I would like to post about my research.

War on Drugs

My opinion about the War on Marijuana, it has never, NEVER, solve anything except for destroying people's lives and their families, even death, and cause pothead became panic and hard to trust other new people which cause them islotated themselves. Also, my opinion, marijuana doesn't kill anyone (not even one, in the fact), but war on marijuana does kill.

Here's some of examples.

Casey Matthews was arrested in his home in North Carolina and convicted of trafficking marijuana by possession, manufacturing marijuana, maintaining a vehicle/ dwelling for sale/delivery. His sentence is a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 to 30 months.

Correspondence
A friend of mine was in a bad situation. I chose to help because I don't believe there is anything morally or ethically wrong with marijuana and it would have helped a friend in dire straits...

... I was dragged out of the house, thrown to the ground, restrained while the team secured the house. After searching, they read the warrant and proceeded to try to obtain information. I responded that I simply had nothing to say until my lawyer was present. I was taken to the county jail, booked, and placed under a $100,000 bond. (a man who was charged with rape was only given a $30,000 bond)

Casey Matthews - NORML

Rita Faye Quick was arrested in North Carolina for trafficking, distribution, repackaging, maintaining a dwelling, and conspiracy involving 220+ pounds of marijuana. Ms. Quick was sentenced to 140 to 168 months, which was reduced to 105 to 126 months through an appeal. The other parties involved spent no time in jail, and were sentenced to six months probation in exchange for their testimony against Ms. Quick.

At the time of her arrest Ms. Quick was a 43 year old single parent of two young daughters. She was a full-time homemaker, and also an outspoken activist for the legalization of marijuana in her hometown.

Rita Faye Quick - NORML

Richard Armstrong was arrested in September of 1993 after attempting to buy marijuana. He is currently serving his 8th year of a 30-80 year sentence at the Ross Correctional Institution in Ohio after being convicted on four counts: 1) Engaging in Corrupt Acts, 2) Drug Trafficking, 3) Possession of a Criminal Tool, and 4) Theft. Since his incarceration, Richard has developed terminal cancer, been separated from his wife, and found it difficult to see his 10-year old son, Aaron, and his 82-year old mother. Although Richard is up for parole in February 2005, he is likely to die in prison.

Richard Armstrong - NORML

John Adams
Shot to death during a SWAT drug raid while watching TV. The house didn't match the description on the warrant.

Xavier Bennett
Xavier was accidentally shot to death by officers in a pre-dawn drug raid during a gunfight with one of Xavier's relatives.

Delbert Bonnar
Shot 8 times by police in drug raid. They were looking for his son.

(keep going, click this link Drug War Victims)

War on Drugs is not cool, and are very sad.

If the war on marijuana doesn't help, why does the marijuana remain illegal?

Well the marijuana are on the Schelude 1, which the marijuana does not fix in at all. Here's what the Schelude 1 said.

Schedule I
*The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
*The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
*There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.
Examples: Heroin, LSD, Marijuana, MDMA (Ecstasy), methaqualone (Quaalude).

Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First of all, there are very rarely people who are pothead that are abusive compare to alcohol which most of alcoholism tend to be emotionally and abusive.

Secondly, recently the health studied that the marijuana help many of pains people have, even some of people said that the marijuana helps better than the pain killer pills, also it help the glacuomca, and even the cancers.

Thirdly, see the first and second again.

So of course, the marijuana doesn't fix in the Schelude 1 at all. Also remember, this is from 1970s and it is too old for the modern world today with higher health study and more.

Other reason why it was illegal, which I suspect, is the money. Governments love the money so they prefer to keep the marijuana illegal so they can receive money from the fines against the people who was arrested for smoking the marijuana. This, my opinion, is really terrible. I would rather to see people happily shop for the marijuana from a nice Mary Jane store and it keep the ecomonic boom, also what's wrong with the taxes instead of the fines? It's better for us to see that over those people who pay the fines and sleeping in the ugly concrete building.

If marijuana should be legal, why it was illegal while the alcohol was legal?

I do suspect over the government about the money through this question again. Remember, the governments want more arrests so they can get more money from the fines. Since the marijuana does not cause emotionally or abusive, the alcohol does so there will be more arrests for violence, rape, murder, etc which serve the governments more money from the fines. That's why I never like the governments that much myself.

Well isn't alcohol enough for the people to buy and screw themselves up legal?

Believe it or not, most of people don't drink and smoke the marijuana at the same time, most of people prefer the marijuana at a time or the alcohol at a time. There's fewer people who drink and smoke the marijuana at the same time, even some people dislike alcohol, but like marijuana!

What if they legalize the marijuana, more people, especially teenagers, smoke it?

First of all, since some of states had decriminalized the marijuana, the amounts of arrests nor numbers of potheads doesn't increase that much.

Also, in fact, there's more teenagers drinking the alcohol which lead them to be alcoholism when they turn into 21 which lead them into being emotionally and abusive. My opinion, as my personal pothead friends who raised with pothead parents, they are not abusive or emotionally and they continue as pothead today and still friendly people, they just want to have fun. The only thing I see them become emotionally is when they become panic when they are facing to be arrested.

If there are people who have problem with the marijuana, what can we do?

My opinion, it's people's choice to consider their habit with marijuana as problem or not. Just like the alcohol, some people don't feel like they have problem with the alcohol even though they do, some of them feel they do have alcohol problem. But since the marijuana seems doesn't cause emotionally or abusive, there will be fewer people who have the problem with the marijuana compare to the alcohol.

Is there any way I can support to legal the marijuana?

Yes! Go to Marijuana Law Reform - NORML, you can find many interesting stuff there and they just kept updating any news or alerts to request the support, help you find lawyer, help you to keep away from being arrested, etc.

Actually, I am 100% against it! It damages your brain! PERIOD! It isnt good for your health...Even you feel high and think clearly - it still damages your brain!

If you smoke marijuana or weed front of your children...then SHAME ON YOU!

Having relationship with God is the only key to make you happy..not drugs!

Lol I couldn't stop laughing at this post. And alcohol doesn't cause damage?? But yeah, the funniest part was- I know this is :topic:but in regards to the god perspective- 'Good men do good things, and bad men do bad things. But for good men to do bad things, that takes religion'.

But yeah, I have experimented with marijuana before. Had the usual giggly high with friends, it was hell fun. Nothing harmful about it, but like everything else- its ok to use, but not to abuse. (scientifically speaking, there is no evidence whatsoever to prove that marijuana has serious harmful effects. It has been commonly speculated that it is linked to schizophrenia- but that remains SPECULATION- it has yet to be proved. Don't get me wrong, I don't have much admiration for drug abusers, but like with anything else, moderation is the key. The widespread fear of marijuana has been engineered by institutional and social controls, or for a better term, a longstanding moral panic.

Moral panic is a sociological term, coined by Stanley Cohen, meaning a reaction by a group of people based on the false or exaggerated perception that some cultural behavior or group, frequently a minority group or a subculture, is dangerously deviant and poses a menace to society. It has also been more broadly defined as an "episode, condition, person or group of persons" that has in recent times been "defined as a threat to societal values and interests". Namely, in this case, marijuana.

Lol I couldn't stop laughing at this post. And alcohol doesn't cause damage?? But yeah, the funniest part was- I know this is :topic:but in regards to the god perspective- 'Good men do good things, and bad men do bad things. But for good men to do bad things, that takes religion'.

But yeah, I have experimented with marijuana before. Had the usual giggly high with friends, it was hell fun. Nothing harmful about it, but like everything else- its ok to use, but not to abuse. (scientifically speaking, there is no evidence whatsoever to prove that marijuana has serious harmful effects. It has been commonly speculated that it is linked to schizophrenia- but that remains SPECULATION- it has yet to be proved. Don't get me wrong, I don't have much admiration for drug abusers, but like with anything else, moderation is the key. The widespread fear of marijuana has been engineered by institutional and social controls, or for a better term, a longstanding moral panic.

Moral panic is a sociological term, coined by Stanley Cohen, meaning a reaction by a group of people based on the false or exaggerated perception that some cultural behavior or group, frequently a minority group or a subculture, is dangerously deviant and poses a menace to society. It has also been more broadly defined as an "episode, condition, person or group of persons" that has in recent times been "defined as a threat to societal values and interests". Namely, in this case, marijuana.

Couldn't agree more. All drug laws are socially created, and in most instances, have absolutley nothing to do with scientific fact.

Just an observation: It makes such sound sense to de-criminalize drugs, to make them available at reasonable prices by prescription or other legal means.

It's crazy, but it seems the chief resistance to such an idea is that it will put so many people out of work: illegal drug dealers . . . career criminals who must commit crimes to pay for habits . . . law-enforcement officers only trained to combat drugs . . . more and more prison guards . . . social and welfare workers. This may seem like my usual sarcastic joke, but it's not.

Just an observation: It makes such sound sense to de-criminalize drugs, to make them available at reasonable prices by prescription or other legal means.

It's crazy, but it seems the chief resistance to such an idea is that it will put so many people out of work: illegal drug dealers . . . career criminals who must commit crimes to pay for habits . . . law-enforcement officers only trained to combat drugs . . . more and more prison guards . . . social and welfare workers. This may seem like my usual sarcastic joke, but it's not.

You hit the nail on the head, Chase. The war on drugs was lost years ago. The majority simply failed to recognize such.

You hit the nail on the head, Chase. The war on drugs was lost years ago. The majority simply failed to recognize such.

Exactly. Wars on Drugs doesn't help anything except for packing people in the prison and cost people who don't use the marijuana the taxes. It's better to just legal the marijuana and funding the group for those who really have problem with the marijuana.

quit a ways back.....finally outgrew it......rhuematic, it stopped working for me, same with booze.........not for me to judge
it is psychologically addictive.....too expensive
I can see a terminally ill person using it for comfort....but have to wonder about some others...the addiction doesn't concern me or people being high....just have to believe that all that smoke can't be good for anyone.......... reports that weed higher in carcinogens than tobacco.....
one thing is that homegrowing will take more profits out of foriegn cartels.....why let them make money on it

quit a ways back.....finally outgrew it......rhuematic, it stopped working for me, same with booze.........not for me to judge
it is psychologically addictive.....too expensive
I can see a terminally ill person using it for comfort....but have to wonder about some others...the addiction doesn't concern me or people being high....just have to believe that all that smoke can't be good for anyone.......... reports that weed higher in carcinogens than tobacco.....
one thing is that homegrowing will take more profits out of foriegn cartels.....why let them make money on it

Heck, food can be psychologically addicting.:giggle: And the thing about carcinogens...misinformation.

dr benway said:
LOLCAT-smmokingit.jpg
Man, I can't let this one go! Imagine if that cat kept on smoking it'd be mutated into a bat then it be forever "flying". Pun *ahem* intended!

Love you, Barney Frank!

Congress To Consider Legislation To End Minor Pot Arrests -- First Marijuana Decriminalization Bill In Over Two Decades To Be Filed Imminently