Malaysian aircraft goes down in Ukraine; 295 dead

What would you do with this situation if you are US President?

Basically, it seems to be shot down by the separatists. I read an article that these people are badly trained and are just fighting for the hell of it. Both sides, Ukraine and the separatists have more deadly equipment than they know what to do with, or even how to use it. That's the real reason why the plane was shot down.

The link below shows some video of the Buk launcher being moved into place.

Malaysian Airlines plane crash: As Putin blames Ukraine for MH17 tragedy, video emerges 'showing BUK missile launcher being driven into place' - World - News - London Evening Standard

Were they attempting to assassinate Putin, but shoot, it was on the wrong plane? :hmm:

both planes look visually similar. I guess the rebels made a mistaken visual confirmination when using a binocular :dunno:

both planes look visually similar. I guess the rebels made a mistaken visual confirmination when using a binocular :dunno:

Apparently they thought it was a Ukraine cargo plane, not Putin. Ukraine had been dropping supplies to their supporters that were stuck in the Donetsk region, so the separatists assumed it was the same thing.

Apparently they thought it was a Ukraine cargo plane, not Putin. Ukraine had been dropping supplies to their supporters that were stuck in the Donetsk region, so the separatists assumed it was the same thing.

...and possibly similar squawks are the Ukrainian plane ?
that would be the best explanation...error on part of the rebels BUT I sometimes wonder if it was the Russians to 'make the rebels' look 'bad' so they have more justification to take over (by martial court order of some international sort?) but then again...i don't think they'd be that thick to let it happen (the granting to the Russians to take Ukraine, without enough proof)

that's my theory just watch how Putlin says about this himself..."if there wasn't war or unrest this wouldn't have happened...laying blame on the rebels"...he chose these words carefully.....you got to wonder.....right?

...and possibly similar squawks are the Ukrainian plane ?
that would be the best explanation...error on part of the rebels BUT I sometimes wonder if it was the Russians to 'make the rebels' look 'bad' so they have more justification to take over (by martial court order of some international sort?) but then again...i don't think they'd be that thick to let it happen (the granting to the Russians to take Ukraine, without enough proof)

that's my theory just watch how Putlin says about this himself..."if there wasn't war or unrest this wouldn't have happened...laying blame on the rebels"...he chose these words carefully.....you got to wonder.....right?

that would make no sense since the rebels were funded, supported, and trained by Russians. to blame the rebels is to blame the Russians and now the world is looking at Russia with disdain.

that would make no sense since the rebels were funded, supported, and trained by Russians. to blame the rebels is to blame the Russians and now the world is looking at Russia with disdain.

Oh my bad...the rebels are against Ukraine itself, not to the Russians. i got that bit wrong...sorrreeee :Oops:

I heard on the news tonight a grandmother that lost her grandchildren say
" I am not a grandmother anymore .' That brought tears to my eyes . Being a grandmother that really hit home hard. This all so heartbreaking and to see all the families grieving for the lost of their love ones is so painful to watch . :( It would be nice if people stay on topic this is very tragic, if people want to go off topic they should start another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pissed off that Russia wants to take care of the black box while they have no authority to do that. Something fishy is going on.

Anyway, I am pissed off that Russia wants to take care of the black box while they have no authority to do that. Something fishy is going on.

no authority? then whose authority is it?

I'm asking you.
Only airline investigators touch it. Ukraine didn't give an authority to Russia to touch it. In some articles, the pro-Russian rebels took it and brought it to Russia. Why? To cover it up? I mean what for? Let investigators take over. Who knows that Russia may be involved (equipped to those rebels)?

Only airline investigators touch it. Ukraine didn't give an authority to Russia to touch it.
there are no international airline investigators. the jurisdiction goes to wherever the accident occurs in and that's Ukraine.

In some articles, the pro-Russian rebels took it and brought it to Russia. Why? To cover it up?
perhaps.... perhaps.... things are not looking real good for Putin.

Stench of tragedy hangs over Malaysia crash site - CNN.com
The region is controlled by pro-Russian militants, who gave a rude reception Friday to monitors on the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe team. They were in the region to observe the war and aren't air crash investigators.

"We asked for the commander, the leader," Bociurkiw told Amanpour. "No one showed up.

"There was one gentleman there in a uniform, heavily armed, and apparently somewhat intoxicated who wasn't very hospitable or helpful at all. In fact in the end he kind of rushed all of them away, including the journalists."

Bociurkiw said the team spent only 75 minutes at the crash site and examined only a 200-meter strip before being chased away. In the distance, he heard explosions, a familiar sound in this region ripped apart by war.

"The perimeter is not secure whatsoever," Bociurkiw said. "They seemed to have put some tape up where we were standing, but otherwise it's very easy for anyone, really, to walk in there and tamper with evidence or debris. So a lot of work needs to be done. A lot of professional work, very very quickly."

In the United States or other Western nations, law enforcement would have put the crash site off limits to the morbidly curious right away. In east Ukraine, reporters walked right up to pieces of wreckage to do stand-up reports.

A small crew of emergency workers from the Ukraine government arrived and began working on the scene, but they need more people and resources to properly handle a crash that killed 298 people. They're obviously working with the permission of the militants. At night the groups mingled, seemingly without hostility, and even shared tents.

Thank you. That's important.

I read that over 100 people were HIV experts/advocates on their way to Melbourne for AIDS/HIV conference. :(

there are no international airline investigators. the jurisdiction goes to wherever the accident occurs in and that's Ukraine.

perhaps.... perhaps.... things are not looking real good for Putin.

Stench of tragedy hangs over Malaysia crash site - CNN.com
A small crew of emergency workers from the Ukraine government arrived and began working on the scene, but they need more people and resources to properly handle a crash that killed 298 people. They're obviously working with the permission of the militants. At night the groups mingled, seemingly without hostility, and even shared tents.
Permission from the rebels for Ukraine goverment to investigate the incident in Ukraine? That's fu*ked up!

Back