Malaysian aircraft goes down in Ukraine; 295 dead

Right, but they were told to fly higher. Figher jets don't normally fly that high (Boeing ceiling height), so I could see how they thought it was a fighter jet.

it won't make any difference. it's very easy to identify the difference between fighter jet and commercial jet - either by eyes or radar. Boeing 777 is like 6x bigger than a fighter jet. its radar signature would be quite large and moving too slow for fighter jet unless the operator is trigger happy and poorly trained.

and no... it's not that fighter jets "don't normally" fly that high. they CAN'T! I don't know where you're getting info about being told to fly higher.

it won't make any difference. it's very easy to identify the difference between fighter jet and commercial jet - either by eyes or radar. Boeing 777 is like 6x bigger than a fighter jet. its radar signature would be quite large and moving too slow for fighter jet unless the operator is trigger happy and poorly trained.

and no... it's not that fighter jets "don't normally" fly that high. they CAN'T! I don't know where you're getting info about being told to fly higher.

Not necessarily Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At that range, they had to have used an SA-10/12 SAM, the equivalent of an early patriot missile.

ah...different squaks

the airliner was making IFF squawks in Mode III (not Mode II used by Iranian military planes), a signal that identified it as a civilian craft, and operators of Vincennes mistook for Mode II

hmmm

my guess is Pultin and his military were getting paranoid during this invasion of Ukraine so they shot down a plane, thinking its a disguised commercial 'doing a recon mission'
??

ah...different squaks

the airliner was making IFF squawks in Mode III (not Mode II used by Iranian military planes), a signal that identified it as a civilian craft, and operators of Vincennes mistook for Mode II

hmmm

my guess is Pultin and his military were getting paranoid during this invasion of Ukraine so they shot down a plane, thinking its a disguised commercial 'doing a recon mission'
??

no. why would they need to do a recon mission especially with a huge plane? Russia is already familiar with Ukraine for many years. Russia already have thousands of soldiers and heavy machines (tanks, choppers, etc.) in Ukraine. and Russia already have extensive network of spies, high tech surveillance, etc...

here... this is more fun :)

Malaysia Airlines Conspiracy: Aiming for Putin -- NYMag

possibly shot down by this one - SA-17 Grizzly

9A39M1-Gadfly-TELAR-FInland-1S.jpg

U.S. official: Missile hit Malaysia Airlines plane - CNN.com
The Obama administration believes Ukraine did not have the capability in the region -- let alone the motivation -- to shoot down the plane, a U.S. official told CNN's Jake Tapper.

so I guess.... Russian messed up?

yea that's what I'm saying. it's not really possible to mistake a huge plane as a fighter jet especially in 21st century unless they're still using cold war era equipments :lol:

With a medium range missile, it 's not enough to blow the plane to bits like the article stated, it had to be a heavy SAM, Since Ukraine inherited the system, it's possible they were used. Russian involvement, even logistically would have been picked up, they have to be smarter than that.

Very sad indeed :(

What reason is there to shoot down a civilian airliner?

Report: a pro-Russia rebel leader says no black boxes have been found in the scattered wreckage of the Malaysia Airlines plane that was shot down over eastern Ukraine.

They have lied. They may hide them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just heard on channel 7 news that a woman lost her brother in the Malaysian plane that is lost at sea and she just lost her step daughter in this plane that was bombed down . The poor woman . :(

When I woke up this morning, a friend said on Facebook and I initially thought it was some news related to MH370 but no, it was not but another plane! OMG this is just so wrong of them to do that to these innocent souls. MAS has lost 543 souls altogether within 300+days.

Here in Australia, we have lost 28 souls, and that includes one civilian from my hometown unfortunately. (I don't know the person though) :(

When I woke up this morning, a friend said on Facebook and I initially thought it was some news related to MH370 but no, it was not but another plane! OMG this is just so wrong of them to do that to these innocent souls. MAS has lost 543 souls altogether within 300+days.

Here in Australia, we have lost 28 souls, and that includes one civilian from my hometown unfortunately. (I don't know the person though) :(

:( I am really being to hate watching the news I will need to a box of tissues beside me b/c it been so tragic lately with all the wars and fighting going on.

Report: a pro-Russia rebel leader says no black boxes have been found in the scattered wreckage of the Malaysia Airlines plane that was shot down over eastern Ukraine.

They have lied. They may hide them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i reckon so, that'd be the case...
or even...the russian ordered to USE Ukrainians' arms to make it LOOK like it was them, ... a kind of an extreme international sabotage?
quite possible

My first thought was - aw not again... because it reminds me of KAL-007 back in 1983 where it got shot down by Russian (well - to be more specific.. USSR). I think somebody (either Russian or Ukrainian) accidentally shot it down.

I agree

Even if they have the latest technology, if the users aren't properly trained, and they don't follow professional military protocols, then anything can happen. Sadly, the worst happened. :(

Obama says one American was killed in this plane crash.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Back