Lies about CI's

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there are plenty who CAN! Just because one person can't, doesn't mean NONE can. :roll:

I didn't say NONE can. Did I ? My post indicated SOME can't, which your post didn't. :roll:

I didn't say NONE can. Did I ? My post indicated SOME can't, which your post didn't. :roll:

I post indicated that it was untrue that it "impossible", which is exactly what I said, and exactly what you took issue with.

It is untrue that parents of children with CI's only blog about "successful" children.

That's been quantified as true by many CI users on this board already.

No, it has NEVER been quantified as true that it is impossible for deaf people with CIs to understand speech through listening alone. Do you really think that's true? Even one example would negate that and there are hundreds / thousands of people with CIs who can understand speech through listening alone.
( sorry! I'm overstating with 100s of 1000s: i'll amend this to 100s / 1000s given that the total is still only ~ 150k)

Last edited:
Children with cochlear implants will develop social, emotional and psychological issues.

Even though the cochlear implant has been around for over 25 years with no long term negative effects, "we" still don't know if there will be any long term negative effects.

People with cochlear implants cannot be considered Deaf.

No, it has NEVER been quantified as true that it is impossible for deaf people with CIs to understand speech through listening alone. Do you really think that's true? Even one example would negate that and there are hundreds of thousands of people with CIs who can understand speech through listening alone.

The numerous people who can use the phone disprove that lie.

People with implants are "between worlds" never deaf, never hearing and will be unhappy forever because of it.

No, it has NEVER been quantified as true that it is impossible for deaf people with CIs to understand speech through listening alone. Do you really think that's true? Even one example would negate that and there are hundreds of thousands of people with CIs who can understand speech through listening alone.

How many people total have CI?

This thread will not get locked.

I'm bowing out. I won't argue with people who think they know better than the actual deaf. This did not have to be "it's my way or the highway," but that's what this is.

I'm bowing out. I won't argue with people who think they know better than the actual deaf. This did not have to be "it's my way or the highway," but that's what this is.

Yep, that is what this thread is. I will join you for a beer, Alleycat although I am mad at you for your team, the dreadful Vikings! GRRRRR!

Where did anyone say that?

I said that it was untrue when people claimed it was impossible for a person to hear without lipreading. You said that I was wrong (thus indicating that you agree, that it IS impossible). Others said that if even one CI user can use the phone, it proves that it is not impossible.

Yep, that is what this thread is. I will join you for a beer, Alleycat although I am mad at you for your team, the dreadful Vikings! GRRRRR!

Yes, time for a beer !!! I'll meet up with you one of these days :D

I'm joining you for a beer too.

I'm outta this thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back