Lies about CI's

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, what a such a CI-bashing I am seeing here......=/

No, it posting the lies about CIs.

I didn't see any CI bashing.. Just CI myths bashing.

The only kids with CIs at schools for the deaf are oral failures "dumped" there.

CI kids at schools for the deaf are "ghetto-izing" unaided deaf.

Choosing a CI is a repudiation of the deaf community and ASL.

Children with CIs will stick together at their implant points if they walk too closely together (tried it, doesn't work).

The only kids with CIs at schools for the deaf are oral failures "dumped" there.

CI kids at schools for the deaf are "ghetto-izing" unaided deaf.

Choosing a CI is a repudiation of the deaf community and ASL.

Children with CIs will stick together at their implant points if they walk too closely together (tried it, doesn't work).

Polarity of magnets? But you read Beowulf. :hmm:

This thread will not get locked.

I'm bowing out. I won't argue with people who think they know better than the actual deaf. This did not have to be "it's my way or the highway," but that's what this is.

And that is a lie about this thread.

You have to be kidding, good bye and take your friends with you!
Rick

:lol: What is this?

EDIT: Oh. lies about CI's.

We're just posting some of the many lies about Cochlear implants that daily appear on All Deaf.

Apparently, some people don't like it when hearing parents have the audacity to point out the many lies about cochlear implants.

Rick

We're just posting some of the many lies about Cochlear implants that daily appear on All Deaf.

Apparently, some people don't like it when hearing parents have the audacity to point out the many lies about cochlear implants.

Rick

Yup. Gotcha... ;)

There's many lies to list and I'm sure it been discussed all over this forum. :deaf:

Interesting thread. What other myths are out there? What's the most ridiculous myth or claim about CI to date?

CI-borgs unite!

wow i can't think of any lies about CIs. cats can play with ci. eh.

That's been quantified as true by many CI users on this board already.
Like I said in another thread, the CI user's background does or can have an affect on the extent the CI user is able to understand speech with the CI.

For instance, a profoundly deaf adult that was born deaf and had not worn hearing aids for quite some time probably wouldn't do as well with the CI as someone who was just late deafened or even a deaf person that made a good use of the HA's over the years.

Also, deaf children that were implanted since they were very young are more likely to do better with the implants than a profoundly deaf adult that's got an implant as an adult and also had very little auditory input growing up.

This thread will not get locked.

I'm bowing out. I won't argue with people who think they know better than the actual deaf. This did not have to be "it's my way or the highway," but that's what this is.
The culturally deaf DOES NOT speak for ALL of the deaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back