LGBTQ rights

The gay marriage post......I guess it was more of a statement than question though. I just think it's too difficult to answer on rights with a simple yes or no.

The gay marriage post......I guess it was more of a statement than question though. I just think it's too difficult to answer on rights with a simple yes or no.

oh I didn't realize that was for me but I'll answer it

my head hurts......

Speaking of which - I've seen a drag do that twice.... One time at a water park.

Lemme help... why is it an issue? Drag queens can already go into female bathrooms if they want to-- the issue is whether or not they would get caught.

Do you have a penis? Yes? Go to the male washroom or a unisex one. I don't see it as a federal issue or state-level issue, but rather a municipal one.

Church? I thought church and state are separate? If a rabbi doesn't want to marry two converted Jews, and only those that are born Jews, he doesn't have to. Same thing here.

Lemme help... why is it an issue? Drag queens can already go into female bathrooms if they want to-- the issue is whether or not they would get caught.

Do you have a penis? Yes? Go to the male washroom or a unisex one. I don't see it as a federal issue or state-level issue, but rather a municipal one.

Church? I thought church and state are separate? If a rabbi doesn't want to marry two converted Jews, and only those that are born Jews, he doesn't have to.

At the water park i was just going to the bathroom, and saw the she-Dude come out of the bathroom. Inadvertently out of trust of society I went into the womens bathroom and got all confused.

Ok lets try this. For those that say yes to rights. Let's say you are at the mall. Your 8 year old daughter goes to the bathroom. Now, maybe the women here go in with them. Being a man I would be waiting outside. Afew minutes later she walks out as does a man dressed in drag. Now he has been given the right (in this senario). In fact, to expect him to use the male bathroom or a special bathroom would violate those rights. How do you feel about him being in there with your daughter? This is actually being debated on college campuses right now.

no. granting them a GLBT rights does not mean a man who is "female in the head" can use women bathroom nor can go to female prison. As long as he is biologically male or legally-recognized as male by government, he's gotta stick with male facility. Until he is legally-recognized as female, then he can use women facility.

If I were college president, I would state the policy as mentioned above and that the facility is for anyone with a legally-recognized gender.

If you are still confused which facility to use, then take out your state-issued license and look at your "SEX" section. That should be your answer. Don't like it? then go to unisex facility as souggy said :)

See here at one college (i am looking for the article) they put in a seperate bathroom man and woman symbol and they told the TV/TS/TGs they have to either use that one or the one that matches their "equipment". The TV/TS/TGs are pissed about it.

See here at one college (i am looking for the article) they put in a seperate bathroom man and woman symbol and they told the TV/TS/TGs they have to either use that one or the one that matches their "equipment". The TV/TS/TGs are pissed about it.

I would agree. I wouldn't want a woman raping me in the bathroom...

*glares around*

Well sometimes you can tell........But the point is it is a very complex issue. Gay rights are fine as long as they don't in turn infringe upon the rights of others.

Another example......Gay marriage. Ok #poof# gay marriage is legal. Now Tony and Tommy want to get married. Tommy has always loved the church his parents went to. They go to see the Minister to see if he might marry them in the church. The minister says I am sorry but the church is against it. Tony is livid as he can't stand to see Tommy's dreams dashed. What is Tony's recourse. Can he now sue the church for violating his civil rights? Of course he can you can sue for anything.....may not win. Maybe the church is cleared by seperation of church and state. What if he sues again.....this time seeking to have the churches tax exempt status removed for engaging in the political arena. Do the churches lose their right to refuse gay marriage on their own property?. The issue is pretty complex. It's hard to answer with one word.

well - if that's what Church says, too bad. It's not my problem. it's not government's problem. Because of separation of Church and state..... this man has no legal basis to sue the Church. He'll have to go to Vatican City to argue his case.

He can sue for violation of civil rights if the town court refused to wed them but right now - he cannot sue because the Supreme Court has already clarified that it should be up to state to decide on its legal status of gay marriage.

Mod note:

Thread moved to proper place.

How two people lay down and love each other is no one's business.

It amazes me how some people's sphincters become so tight when they feel they need to impose their POVs onto other people's sexuality yet become high strung when the j'accuse backfires on them.

Daft - equal rights! -:ty::thumb: sums it up nicely!

It's not about sex, body parts, marriage in itself <yes, I support marriage between people of the same gender/orientation> but overall about the right to be treated w/respect and the right to be treated equally. And there are more and more "unisex" or family bathrooms <"family values" apply to ALL families>. Some larger campus, recognizing the situation w/trans folks, have bathrooms for them.

<I am bi>

I usually evade the bathroom issue by using one of those single "family-oriented" type bathrooms. Most people think I'm male but anyone who has seen my documentation (doctors, blind services, interpreters) knows I'm biologically female. And where I live it is entirely possible to run into anyone at any time, so it's best to just try to avoid confusing people. :giggle:

Yeah that would piss me off big time. I would ask to use the faculty bathroom or something.

I usually evade the bathroom issue by using one of those single "family-oriented" type bathrooms. Most people think I'm male but anyone who has seen my documentation (doctors, blind services, interpreters) knows I'm biologically female. And where I live it is entirely possible to run into anyone at any time, so it's best to just try to avoid confusing people. :giggle:

oh you're biologically female? well then go to women bathroom if they don't have unisex bathroom :lol:

I would agree. I wouldn't want a woman raping me in the bathroom...

*glares around*

:roll:

Just cause someone is transgender doesn't mean they automatically have the inclination to rape people in bathrooms. And actual rapists probably don't give a shit about bathroom laws to begin with, no matter what their sex or gender.

Back