LGBTQ rights

I don't care about a persons sexual orientation. If they were my friend that is all the matters. i have many friends that are GLBT so i am definitely friendly.

Are you feeling comfortable to see your gay friends making out in PDA? :hmm:

Are you feeling comfortable to see your gay friends making out in PDA? :hmm:

although I'm GLBT-friendly, I'm not comfortable seeing gay men :cuddle: but I don't mind for lesbians kissing :dunno:

What's your stance on LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) rights?

I don't believe in LGBT rights. I believe in EQUAL rights for ALL people.

As far as gay rights go...

People spend too much time on moral issues; not enough time on fiscal responsibility. As long they are not hurting anyone... why is iy an issue?

Public school and what they will teach.

But I can imagine little kids sitting in a circle, one stands up and say "I have two mommies"... and other will stand up and say "My father is my uncle, My mommy is married to her brother who is my father and uncle" <----- and yes, children are conceived out of incest. Nothing we can do about it.

Ok lets try this. For those that say yes to rights. Let's say you are at the mall. Your 8 year old daughter goes to the bathroom. Now, maybe the women here go in with them. Being a man I would be waiting outside. Afew minutes later she walks out as does a man dressed in drag. Now he has been given the right (in this senario). In fact, to expect him to use the male bathroom or a special bathroom would violate those rights. How do you feel about him being in there with your daughter? This is actually being debated on college campuses right now.

well, if he dressed in drag, then don't draw attention to it. you can't tell he is a male, unless he start pulling out his private in front of the kid. But there is have a private family bathroom for parents who don't want their kids to use the bathroom all by themselves around strangers. You have to look for it.

I don't feel comfortable with a male in a female bathroom though. Unless we have a very private stalls. But male are messy and I do not want to sit on wet seat.

see the comment below

and I'm merely asking everybody on my own side. You GLBT-friendly or not?

As long as nobody touches me I'm fine. Again, despite "rights" being "open ended" leaves a lot of questions and certainly does not fit your other "question."

As long as nobody touches me I'm fine. Again, despite "rights" being "open ended" leaves a lot of questions and certainly does not fit your other "question."

again - and I'm merely asking everybody on my own side. You GLBT-friendly or not?

see the comment below

and I'm merely asking everybody on my own side. You GLBT-friendly or not?

I am, being trans myself. :P

The "rights" bit was directed more to the people picking apart my phrasing.

well, if he dressed in drag, then don't draw attention to it. you can't tell he is a male, unless he start pulling out his private in front of the kid. But there is have a private family bathroom for parents who don't want their kids to use the bathroom all by themselves around strangers. You have to look for it.

I don't feel comfortable with a male in a female bathroom though. Unless we have a very private stalls. But male are messy and I do not want to sit on wet seat.

Well sometimes you can tell........But the point is it is a very complex issue. Gay rights are fine as long as they don't in turn infringe upon the rights of others.

Another example......Gay marriage. Ok #poof# gay marriage is legal. Now Tony and Tommy want to get married. Tommy has always loved the church his parents went to. They go to see the Minister to see if he might marry them in the church. The minister says I am sorry but the church is against it. Tony is livid as he can't stand to see Tommy's dreams dashed. What is Tony's recourse. Can he now sue the church for violating his civil rights? Of course he can you can sue for anything.....may not win. Maybe the church is cleared by seperation of church and state. What if he sues again.....this time seeking to have the churches tax exempt status removed for engaging in the political arena. Do the churches lose their right to refuse gay marriage on their own property?. The issue is pretty complex. It's hard to answer with one word.

Ok lets try this. For those that say yes to rights. Let's say you are at the mall. Your 8 year old daughter goes to the bathroom. Now, maybe the women here go in with them. Being a man I would be waiting outside. Afew minutes later she walks out as does a man dressed in drag. Now he has been given the right (in this senario). In fact, to expect him to use the male bathroom or a special bathroom would violate those rights. How do you feel about him being in there with your daughter? This is actually being debated on college campuses right now.

Well sometimes you can tell........But the point is it is a very complex issue. Gay rights are fine as long as they don't in turn infringe upon the rights of others.

Another example......Gay marriage. Ok #poof# gay marriage is legal. Now Tony and Tommy want to get married. Tommy has always loved the church his parents went to. They go to see the Minister to see if he might marry them in the church. The minister says I am sorry but the church is against it. Tony is livid as he can't stand to see Tommy's dreams dashed. What is Tony's recourse. Can he now sue the church for violating his civil rights? Of course he can you can sue for anything.....may not win. Maybe the church is cleared by seperation of church and state. What if he sues again.....this time seeking to have the churches tax exempt status removed for engaging in the political arena. Do the churches lose their right to refuse gay marriage on their own property?. The issue is pretty complex. It's hard to answer with one word.
my head hurts......

Speaking of which - I've seen a drag do that twice.... One time at a water park.

no you didn't. Do you have a gay/lesbian friend?

I have. I said I was fine with it.

Having a gay or lesbian friend has nothing to do with the question nor does it verify anything if one doesn't have one for that matter.

I have. I said I was fine with it.

Having a gay or lesbian friend has nothing to do with the question nor does it verify anything if one doesn't have one for that matter.

which is why I'm seeking a further clarification. One can say he is fine with black people as long as they don't mug you and yet.... lives in 100% white community and/or never go to any place with a black person.

so are you GLBT-friendly or not?

which is why I'm seeking a further clarification. One can say he is fine with black people as long as they don't mug you and yet.... lives in 100% white community and/or never go to any place with a black person.

so are you GLBT-friendly or not?

I've answered. Move on, buddy.

yea I thought so. :ty: for answering my question

oh? what was the question? sorry

read up, i helped.

old folks need all the help they can get

Back