LGBTQ rights

CJB

Reaction score
I was reading another thread and decided to make a new topic...

What's your stance on LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) rights?

(I didn't make a poll cause the poll method has failed in past threads and I didn't feel like trying to box people's opinions.)

:thumb:

I am GLBT-friendly.

To each his or her own. I neither endorse nor condemn. They are people too and need the same kind of attention that straight people do. When GLBT couples are together, they usually last longer than some straight relationships. I worked with one guy who was together with his partner for 23 years and the boss had been with her partner for 38 years.

Equal rights in workplace. Although, Christian private school shouldn't have to hire anyone who don't support traditional marriage (man and woman) spiritually-wise (I am not talking about politically). But if a gay person decide to practice celibacy and put his focus on God, yeah, they should hire him. Churches need to remember that UNABLE to find the opposite sex attractive is a NOT a sin. (Lust on the other hand, heterosexual or homosexual, can be a sin)

Outside of church, I don't think the gov't should the word "marriage" . Civil union is more appropriate for all us. We can define what's marriage.

adoption: if the mother put up her child for adoption and doesn't care what kind of family, they should be allow to adopt. I know some people prefer if their child was raised in a christian home.

As long as gay or christian don't try to push their agenda to each other throat, be respectful to people's religious beliefs, we should be fine.

All people, especially gay and lesbians, should be protected from violence, bullying and harrassments. It is unexcusable for anyone to do something like that

I think that we all should have the same rights regardless of our sexual preference. It's just one more way to make each of us individuals :)

This thread seems more suited for the politics or on topic debate section to me. Rights is pretty vague too. Take hours to address each issue. As phrased I would have to answer........maybe

I might add that i checked my phone list. 206 women in my phone. 47 are "out" lesbians (softball players I have played with or cousins). I support them 100%.

This thread seems more suited for the politics or on topic debate section to me. Rights is pretty vague too. Take hours to address each issue. As phrased I would have to answer........maybe

Oops, didn't see that section. Can a mod please move this to the right section? :ty:

Rights--I intentionally left it open-ended. :)

Exactly.

well - simply put.... ARE YOU GLBT FRIENDLY OR NOT?

so far.... 5 in this thread is GLBT-friendly. 1 is neither. 1 has not specified his/her stance.

I don't care about a persons sexual orientation. If they were my friend that is all the matters. i have many friends that are GLBT so i am definitely friendly.

I have a best friend who is gay (I didn't like his boyfriend though, not because he is bisexual, but because he is creepy). I usually mind my business. But If he have a personal relationship problem, I do listen to him and give him my opinion as far as relationship. Like if I feel he should be treated better, or what I think the other person's problem and what he can do to help him get along with the other better, I tell him my advice.

I'm still sad and miss him. this friend died of diabete at a young age.

Can anyone tell me why all the good looking guys are gay?

I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. :)

As for the question: it is a complete non-issue to me. Being G/L/B/T is no different to me than someone having a different skin color, or having a disability, or whatever. It means nothing to me.

What matters is the content of their character. With that said, there are plenty of gay people I dislike, just as there are plenty of straight people I dislike, but being gay has nothing to do with it.

As far as gay rights go...

People spend too much time on moral issues; not enough time on fiscal responsibility. As long they are not hurting anyone... why is iy an issue?

Ok lets try this. For those that say yes to rights. Let's say you are at the mall. Your 8 year old daughter goes to the bathroom. Now, maybe the women here go in with them. Being a man I would be waiting outside. Afew minutes later she walks out as does a man dressed in drag. Now he has been given the right (in this senario). In fact, to expect him to use the male bathroom or a special bathroom would violate those rights. How do you feel about him being in there with your daughter? This is actually being debated on college campuses right now.

Back