let's talk car security and anti theft

That's interesting, never noticed that.

The weirdest thing I think is the neighbors not hearing any big truck noises or those loud mechanical noises the tow trucks make. and the tugging the car onto the platform, that ought to be loud enough to boom people up in the sleep hours.

So something kind of conflicts with what actually happened.. This mystery ought to be solved!

ah... I do know what you mean cuz tow truck is really loud as heck. it's possible that it's one of those pick-up truck with a small tow.. typically what repo uses.

2ep2h43.jpg

here's how I can get into your car.

YouTube - slimbowdemo.avi

Car alarm will not scare me because nobody will care. Takes up to 15-25 seconds to disable it.

That video shows them getting into a blazer, i drive a blazer, with an alarm. If they did that on mine once they pull the lock up on the inside it would go off, disabling the alarm or not the truck still wouldnt run. Once the alarm goes off it immobilizes the engine and wont start again until the remote disarms it.

Possible it was a comperhensive insurance coverage but however it was a old sukzi swift as I clairfied with my friend... and it was at bad shape anyway.

I seriously doubt your friend got a comprehensive coverage for, as you quoted, "old shitbox".

why pay for comprehensive coverage that costs more than "old shitbox"?

That video shows them getting into a blazer, i drive a blazer, with an alarm. If they did that on mine once they pull the lock up on the inside it would go off, disabling the alarm or not the truck still wouldnt run. Once the alarm goes off it immobilizes the engine and wont start again until the remote disarms it.

hotwire it? :dunno:

nothing will stop them if they want it badly.

I seriously doubt your friend got a comprehensive coverage for, as you quoted, "old shitbox".

why pay for comprehensive coverage that costs more than "old shitbox"?
I have no doubts here - the information wasn't sufficent to knowledge more. :dunno:

Jclarke, quit talking like a ego...be careful karma could get you. ;)

Theives will STILL figure out how to steal your car, no matter how hard you try with alarms...My car has alarm disabled and it's way too easy to disable it. The only cool thing about it that I can remote unlock and lock doors.

no. the modern cars have fob system which changes security code every few seconds/minutes/hours/days.... which means nearly every car has different security code. if the robber has source code - then you are screwed.

No, not that i talk about. I don't care about security code. It's different way to do without security code, key chip-on, password, etc.

It was a 2003 Luxury Edition Santa Fe and yes, it had a fancy anti-theft system and somehow theives bypassed it and stole it last Friday. WTF?!

That's what I thought so. Most cars with factory system alarm built-in are useless.

Wiring-Diagram-2001-Honda-Civic.jpg

I am sure most theft read Wiring diagram for alarm system from factory first then hot wire then steal quick.

That's what I thought so. Most cars with factory system alarm built-in are useless.

Wiring-Diagram-2001-Honda-Civic.jpg

I am sure most theft read Wiring diagram for alarm system from factory first then hot wire then steal quick.

yep. that's why you should rewire it yourself to more secured way and maybe add a kill-switch

yep. that's why you should rewire it yourself to more secured way and maybe add a kill-switch

Correct. That's why I like aftermarket alarm system and put it in different location and different color of wires. So theft got headache and not match their wiring diagram from factory then screw it!

Alright, I dug around some Hyundai forums for shel.
I found a poster who mentioned he works as a service manager/employee at Hyundai.
He said the only Hyundai vehicle as of 2009 that has a transponder chip built into the key is the Hyundai Azera.

No wonder; that is pretty damn easy for thief then. All they have to do is look at windshield or somewhere for the VIN, order a key online or at dealer or local locksmith.

I don't know how they would have bypassed the alarm, but the hyundai is not equipped with an engine immobilizer. :|

Back