let's talk car security and anti theft

What kind it was and do it have alarm system?

It was a 2003 Luxury Edition Santa Fe and yes, it had a fancy anti-theft system and somehow theives bypassed it and stole it last Friday. WTF?!

It was a 2003 Luxury Edition Santa Fe and yes, it had a fancy anti-theft system and somehow theives bypassed it and stole it last Friday. WTF?!

fancy? I wouldn't say fancy for Hyundai :lol:

It was the luxury edition of the SAnta Fe they had out for that year.

wouldn't say luxury for Hyundai either. I'm wondering why I'm dissing my own country's car :giggle:

wouldn't say luxury for Hyundai either. I'm wondering why I'm dissing my own country's car :giggle:

It was the kind that was not supoosed to start when the alarm goes off so somehow they bypassed that part.

I can't believe that your SUV is equipped anti-theft system. Engine is disabled if stolen. I don't understand why.

I can't believe that your SUV is equipped anti-theft system. Engine is disabled if stolen. I don't understand why.

My point exactly...that's why i am sooo bewildered. That's why I dont think these thieves are ameaturs. They had to be pros. Dammet!

It was the kind that was not supoosed to start when the alarm goes off so somehow they bypassed that part.

hyundai. what do you expect? it doesn't exactly have fancy security system like BMW/Benz. They bypassed it by rewiring it or they may have found the override function.

Solenoid security system is probably a very good one right now since it cannot be bypassed. LoJack is nice too since the location of lojack system is mostly never the same.

it is interesting that nobody can not break in or steal my car, because the lock is nowhere to be seen, as it is hidden - and the car alarm I have is pretty much standard, which is the premiter alarm, I have tested it, only if I single lock the car (I dead lock it because no one can not open the car from the inside, if you attempt to smash the car window and open the door from the inside - impossible) and the alarm will go off with the horn honking at the same time when it the door is ajar. However I like my friend's aftermarket car alarm.... $700 worth :aw:

hyundai. what do you expect? it doesn't exactly have fancy security system like BMW/Benz. They bypassed it by rewiring it or they may have found the override function.

Solenoid security system is probably a very good one right now since it cannot be bypassed. LoJack is nice too since the location of lojack system is mostly never the same.

I am a teacher..I cant afford a shit BMW..

Hmm.. makes me wonder if your keys are transpondered, shel. Beginning sometime in the 2000's, toyota started equipping their keys with transponders, so if a thief tried to start up your car with a copy of the key, it would not start. They can't unless they have the right chip programmed in it.

2 of our cars have it built in, a FJ and a 4runner. Our 98 avalon does not have it.

So that makes me think either they had an exact programmed key if Hyundai makes those (pros) or they just hotwired the ignition and got away (still a pro). :P

Hmm.. makes me wonder if your keys are transpondered, shel. Beginning sometime in the 2000's, toyota started equipping their keys with transponders, so if a thief tried to start up your car with a copy of the key, it would not start. They can't unless they have the right chip programmed in it.

2 of our cars have it built in, a FJ and a 4runner. Our 98 avalon does not have it.

So that makes me think either they had an exact programmed key if Hyundai makes those (pros) or they just hotwired the ignition and got away (still a pro). :P

programmed = no. you'll have to program both car's computer and key to synchronize with each other.

hot-wired = yup most likely. most cars' security systems are poorly designed... which means easy to bypass. the poor man way to make it better is to build your own kill-switch like what Mad Max did.

it is interesting that nobody can not break in or steal my car, because the lock is nowhere to be seen, as it is hidden - and the car alarm I have is pretty much standard, which is the premiter alarm, I have tested it, only if I single lock the car (I dead lock it because no one can not open the car from the inside, if you attempt to smash the car window and open the door from the inside - impossible) and the alarm will go off with the horn honking at the same time when it the door is ajar. However I like my friend's aftermarket car alarm.... $700 worth :aw:

here's how I can get into your car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g07i8zeb5U]YouTube - slimbowdemo.avi[/ame]

Car alarm will not scare me because nobody will care. Takes up to 15-25 seconds to disable it.

I don't think car alarms will work that well. The best choice is GPS tracking, pedal lock, shift lock and flamethrower alarm (jk)

Back