let's talk car security and anti theft

then how do you get out?
You will be owned -- unless you have smashed the window and climb out. :lol:

The car is controlled by remote control.

I don't think car alarms will work that well. The best choice is GPS tracking, pedal lock, shift lock and flamethrower alarm (jk)
Sounds like one of these 007 movies - the BMW has a flamethrower, :lol:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Towing the deadlocked car will be useless for you, come over and test it for yourself, I'll be standing by lol'ing at you.

why? they'll dismantle your car and leave your car on cinder blocks. I'll be standing by you, lol'ing at you as you're stricken with disbelief.

Car%20on%20blocks%20no%20wheels.jpg

why? they'll dismantle your car and leave your car on cinder blocks. I'll be standing by you, lol'ing at you as you're stricken with disbelief.

Alright, we're even. That is most unlikey going to happen anyway. :lol:

If you look at shel's situation seriously, there's only like 4-5 methods I can think of how it got broken into:

- hooked up and straight towed. I imagine the neighbors would have heard it
- break the window and hotwire: shel mentioned no broken glass on the streets though
- hyundai employee, has connections with dealer, knows her VIN and car info
- someone found your lost keys

Shoot.. I have seen something like this before. Was not a pretty sight to see the car on the ground with no wheels. Sucks for the owners.

Shoot.. I have seen something like this before. Was not a pretty sight to see the car on the ground with no wheels. Sucks for the owners.
:laugh2: :laugh2:

Yeah, I have seen some myself locally. How sad.

Alright, we're even. That is most unlikey going to happen anyway. :lol:

not really. Somebody stole my friend's tire in Brooklyn.... in residential area. just 1. that's easy $200-400 right there. way too easy.

Russian Lada Car?

that's how my friend's father's Dodge truck was like in NYC. stripped-bare.

that's how my friend's father's Dodge truck was like in NYC. stripped-bare.
Oh that reminds me only a month ago - my friend was with his friend in a old shitbox, and the car got into a car accident, the friend was forced to leave it behind because it was undriveable, so they went out for the night without the car but the next morning they were planning to get the car, they found themselves the car stripped bare overnight. :shock:

If you look at shel's situation seriously, there's only like 4-5 methods I can think of how it got broken into:

- hooked up and straight towed. I imagine the neighbors would have heard it
- break the window and hotwire: shel mentioned no broken glass on the streets though
- hyundai employee, has connections with dealer, knows her VIN and car info
- someone found your lost keys

all cars' security systems (manufacturer-made) are designed to turn off when it's being towed (tilt angle). ever wonder why the car alarm system isn't blaring while repo or police tow truck is towing it away to pound lot?

Oh that reminds me only a month ago - my friend was with his friend in a old shitbox, and the car got into a car accident, the friend was forced to leave it behind because it was undriveable, so they went out for the night without the car but the next morning they were planning to get the car, they found themselves the car stripped bare overnight. :shock:

damn. that was fast.

all cars' security systems (manufacturer-made) are designed to turn off when it's being towed (tilt angle). ever wonder why the car alarm system isn't blaring while repo or police tow truck is towing it away to pound lot?

That's interesting, never noticed that.

The weirdest thing I think is the neighbors not hearing any big truck noises or those loud mechanical noises the tow trucks make. and the tugging the car onto the platform, that ought to be loud enough to boom people up in the sleep hours.

So something kind of conflicts with what actually happened.. This mystery ought to be solved!

Yup, it was - but lucky the car was insured so he's in for a new car instead.
Just learnt from my friend, as this friend who owned the car's insurance declared it a write off and guess what he got the compensation - $50

I was like WHAT!? :shock:

Just learnt from my friend, as this friend who owned the car's insurance declared it a write off and guess what he got the compensation - $50

I was like WHAT!? :shock:

there you go. he most likely got the limited coverage. never get the lazy mindset like "don't worry... it's insured....".

if it's stolen (regardless of type of coverage you have)... it sucks... big time.

there you go. he most likely got the limited coverage. never get the lazy mindset like "don't worry... it's insured....".

if it's stolen (regardless of type of coverage you have)... it sucks... big time.
Possible it was a comperhensive insurance coverage but however it was a old sukzi swift as I clairfied with my friend... and it was at bad shape anyway.

Back