Ladies: would you vote for Palin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha, she is the whole reason I'm voting for Obama! I was so disgusted with Obama and Clinton that I was going to write my hubby's name in. Then came Palin. PUKE! It's insulting!

Plain scares the living Sh*T out of me. when i see her on T.V. makes me wanna hide behind the couch. i disagree with her. I was digusted to read that she thinks that victims pays for rape kits etc. it should be the assault person not the victim, that women still scares me. Im afraid to turn the lights off at night if she became the vice president:shock:

I looked quickly over the three pages of this thread and couldn't find one reference to the absurdity of "paying for the rape kit". Would the poster who first mentioned this please provide me with a link?

I´m total appalling and speechless after read those links... I learn more and more about her. It seem to me that she is a psychopath!

Does the children/teenage who are victim of rapist also have to pay for the rape kit, too?

Why can't she charge the rapist then?

I do realize that Palin is not just a hypocrite but DANGEROUS hypocrite!!!

:cold:

I'm not vote her... Her plans are pretty poor for my taste.

EDIT: I wish there are more candidates for VP that would be easy for me... I still don't know what I will vote. I'm not going to vote this year... Sighs. =/

Last edited:

The rapist can't be charged the fee until he is identified, caught, tried, and convicted.

That can't happen until they gather and use the evidence of his rape crime.

No, country isn't about equality. Have you taken a good hard look at who controls the power in this country?

But, I'll take your statement on face value. You said you agreed with Palin's objectives. How do her objectives benefit men? How do they benefit children? How do they benefit women?

I am not gonna answer any questions. so :io:

The rapist can't be charged the fee until he is identified, caught, tried, and convicted.

That can't happen until they gather and use the evidence of his rape crime.

Its collection of evidence of a crime being committed. The victim should certainly not be charged. Police depts. have funding to conduct investigations of crimes.

Apparently it's not just Alaska:

WCNC.com | Local News for Charlotte, North Carolina | North Carolina News

and

Access Issues Involving Payment for Evidentiary Exams

When a sexual assault victim presents to a hospital or clinic, medical staff will typically assess and respond to serious or life-threatening injuries. However, the decision to do a formal evidentiary examination is dependent on the patient who must give written consent, and is affected both by State laws and the judgment of local law enforcement officials or prosecutors as to whether an examination will be useful and can be justified.

Numerous Federal and State laws have been enacted to ensure that victims of sexual assault do not have to pay for medical evidentiary examinations. However, some States limit payment only to victims who are willing to report the assault to police and/or to cooperate in any prosecution. If the assault is not reported, or the case is not prosecuted, the victim may be unable to obtain a full examination, or may have to pay for the costs of an examination.

A number of States place responsibility for payment on the county where the sexual offense occurred, or on the entity who requests the examination, most often the investigating law enforcement agency or the prosecuting attorney. If the county official, police officer, or prosecutor is told that the victim does not plan to formally report the assault (a decision that the victim may not want or be able to make immediately, and a decision which sometimes changes), they may not approve payment for an examination. Similarly, if they believe that the victim's account is weak or that successful prosecution is unlikely, they may act to preserve limited resources and not provide approval for payment.

Even when State laws mandate that victims not be charged for the expense of evidentiary exams, there are cases in which claims may be submitted to third party insurance companies, compromising the victims' privacy, as insurance companies may not only be informed of the sexual assault but may also learn about exposure to HIV or other aspects of treatment that could affect insurance coverage in the future. Victims may also be forced to disclose the assault to the primary person on the insurance, such as a family member or even an employer.

Victims of crime are not generally required to cover the costs of evidence collection incurred in the investigation of their cases. Despite the fact that most States have laws that designate payment sources to cover the costs of forensic exams for sexual assault victims, and some even specifically prohibit billing of victims, billing of sexual assault victims continues to be widespread (National Center for Victims of Crime, 2003; National Center for Victims of Crime, 2001). Victims need to be informed of their rights and of avenues of recourse when rights are violated.
Medical Examination and Treatment for Victims of Sexual Assault: Report to Congress

Two wrongs don't make a right. We don't have a candidate who supposedly supports family values that is from Charlotte, either.
Did I say that it was right?

And it's more than just two places; that was a nationwide report.

Its collection of evidence of a crime being committed. The victim should certainly not be charged. Police depts. have funding to conduct investigations of crimes.
She asked specifically why the rapist doesn't pay for the kit, and that is specifically what I replied to.

I´m total appalling and speechless after read those links... I learn more and more about her. It seem to me that she is a psychopath!

Does the children/teenage who are victim of rapist also have to pay for the rape kit, too?

I do realize that Palin is not just a hypocrite but DANGEROUS hypocrite!!!

:cold:

I'm not sure she fits the definition of a psychopath, but she is a dangerous hypocrite!

WHOA so much negatives. I dont think she hyprocite at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back