Keep the new font size on AllDeaf?

• Yes

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters
oh it was that! I first saw and thought something had went wrong with my eyes when AD on mobile .. if you had met me in vegas and thought I was blind. . .you're wrong! :lol:

oh it was that! I first saw and thought something had went wrong with my eyes when AD on mobile .. if you had met me in vegas and thought I was blind. . .you're wrong! :lol:

but.... why did you hold my arm and walk with service dog? I was under impression that you were blind :confused:

mein gott...... I was changing in the room and.... oye.... you saw me :-o

So THAT'S what happened! It's way too big for my tastes. I have to hit ctrl + scroll wheel to zoom out to my preferred font size every time. :(

but.... why did you hold my arm and walk with service dog? I was under impression that you were blind :confused:

that was ODDBALL, not me... I was busy wearing naisho's shorts..

LOL.. I thought it was my browser going haywired with font sizing! I had to use CTRL+ - to reduce the size.

Now I know it's not the browser, you changed it!

Here's a tip on web user interface - big fonts are fine IF.. and I must say IF the content is sparse and concise. It's NOT fine if content is wordy.

Of course, browsers have different ways of defining font sizes but it's best to set fonts in terms of .em (percentages) and have the fonts scale accordingly.

Also, for those who have trouble reading, a simple keystroke (CTRL+ +) or press down CTRL and scroll will resize the fonts. A well designed website should be able to scale text without problems. All my websites I created scale extremely well but I lean toward the "zoom" feature because it also scales all elements, not just text. Google Chrome does it well. So does IE8.... it uses zoom instead of resizing text.

that was ODDBALL, not me... I was busy wearing naisho's shorts..

:laugh2: drats, that I missed not watching the both of you having a teensy weensy quarreling. someday, I will! :lol:

I voted to keep it. It would be a benefit for members that have vision difficulties.

I voted to keep it. It would be a benefit for members that have vision difficulties.

but.... this font size is causing a visual difficulty for me too :giggle:

I cannot adjust to this onset of erratic difficulty in legislative comprehension. If a jumble of text is to appear on the display it will continue to fill the screen until the reader's ocular retina will begin to digress while verbosity overwhelms the mind. It can be neurological and subjectively pertinent with vision. If we begin this by chanting the fill of Loren Ipsum, the public will realize that this simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum. Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

However, when we reduce any forms of verbosity imposed with Lorem ipsum, we are able to better adjust. Let the facts speak for themselves as follows. There are many variations of passages of Lorem Ipsum available, but the majority have suffered alteration in some form, by injected humour, or randomised words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in the middle of text. All the Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat predefined chunks as necessary, making this the first true generator on the Internet. It uses a dictionary of over 200 Latin words, combined with a handful of model sentence structures, to generate Lorem Ipsum which looks reasonable. The generated Lorem Ipsum is therefore always free from repetition, injected humour, or non-characteristic words etc.

Yet when restoring to default, we as humans have achieved a balance between both forms of literature. "Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?" The above should state for the mind to take.

The court has adjourned.

I cannot adjust to this onset of erratic difficulty in legislative comprehension. If a jumble of text is to appear on the display it will continue to fill the screen until the reader's ocular retina will begin to digress while verbosity overwhelms the mind. It can be neurological and subjectively pertinent with vision. If we begin this by chanting the fill of Loren Ipsum, the public will realize that this simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum. Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

However, when we reduce any forms of verbosity imposed with Lorem ipsum, we are able to better adjust. Let the facts speak for themselves as follows. There are many variations of passages of Lorem Ipsum available, but the majority have suffered alteration in some form, by injected humour, or randomised words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in the middle of text. All the Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat predefined chunks as necessary, making this the first true generator on the Internet. It uses a dictionary of over 200 Latin words, combined with a handful of model sentence structures, to generate Lorem Ipsum which looks reasonable. The generated Lorem Ipsum is therefore always free from repetition, injected humour, or non-characteristic words etc.

Yet when restoring to default, we as humans have achieved a balance between both forms of literature. "Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?" The above should state for the mind to take.

The court has adjourned.
Well said...HUH? Just exactly what is your point? OIC...and then what was said? :hmm:
I prefer not to listen!!!!

2e54m89.jpg

There is only one problem why we need the font bigger than our original size font. I noticed many other new and old Aders missed what they were reading on the threads and they did not get it to understand what we talked about the subject like immigration topic. They did not read it carefully so as not to jump down our throat every time we try to mention what we were writing. So hopefully the new and old ADers can read carefully with big font so that there is a clear understanding what we write, even on many news supply by Miss Delectables and other ADers who want to post news.

Do you follow what I am writing here? :hmm:

To those who say to use controls to raise print size - use your controls to lower print size, eh?

I like the larger print. It is nice for grouchy grannies such as myself. By the way, Thank You Alex for your thoughtfull idea.

There is only one problem why we need the font bigger than our original size font. I noticed many other new and old Aders missed what they were reading on the threads and they did not get it to understand what we talked about the subject like immigration topic. They did not read it carefully so as not to jump down our throat every time we try to mention what we were writing. So hopefully the new and old ADers can read carefully with big font so that there is a clear understanding what we write, even on many news supply by Miss Delectables and other ADers who want to post news.

Do you follow what I am writing here? :hmm:

Good point, Bebonang!

To those who say to use controls to raise print size - use your controls to lower print size, eh?

I like the larger print. It is nice for grouchy grannies such as myself. By the way, Thank You Alex for your thoughtfull idea.

There you go. Can never understand why some object to curtest being shown.

Back