Justice Department plans to sue over Arizona law

Status
Not open for further replies.
well then - better tell Republicans to stop whining and start working with us.

I'd much rather work for Americans than illegals.

Sen. Kyl continued, “In other words, they’re holding it hostage. They don’t want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’”

Sen. Kyl also said he reminded President Obama that the President and the Congress has an obligation, a duty, to secure the border.

TXGolfer, I am just a simple guy so I need to ask: Why are the Feds suing AZ for trying to shore up what is clearly the Fed's role? What's the Fed's real raison de etre/motivation for suing?

My belief....Chicago style politics......The Feds didn't like the fact that AZ "sent them a message" with this bill so they are pushing back rather than working to solve the problem.

I am sure AZ would be happy to suspend the law if the Feds would secure the border......But The o doesn't like being told what to do or how to do it.

My belief....Chicago style politics......The Feds didn't like the fact that AZ "sent them a message" with this bill so they are pushing back rather than working to solve the problem.

I am sure AZ would be happy to suspend the law if the Feds would secure the border......But The o doesn't like being told what to do or how to do it.

but O is waiting for GOP's involvement and cooperation in passing the comprehensive immigration law

Thanks, Koko and TXGolfer; I can see how both views would be relevant.

but O is waiting for GOP's involvement and cooperation in passing the comprehensive immigration law

What are the highlights of this comprehensive immigration legislation that hinge on this? What are the sticking points?

What are the highlights of this comprehensive immigration legislation that hinge on this? What are the sticking points?

ask GOP.... or koko. Ask him what's the hold up on their end.

And it makes perfect sense. Secure the border first, adequately, so that the U.S. would feel, in Obama's word using the BP oil drilling, absolutely safe and then we'll talk business about how to deal with the rest of the illegal aliens in the U.S. You see, we gotta plug those leaks. Remember Obama's daughter saying, "Daddy, did you plug the leak yet?"? Yep. Plug the leaks first and then we'll work out the rest of the detail on the remaining residue floating about.

What about some kind of massive detonation to plug the hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back