Jane Fernandes - gone!

It's over!

I am partying right now! :ty: :ty: :bowdown: :party: :party: :dance2: :dance: :cheers:

JKF and IKJ's statements

Jane's statements:

“It is with deep regret that I heard the Board’s decision to
terminate my contract.

“I love Gallaudet University and I believe I could have made a
significant contribution to its future. I hope that the Gallaudet
community can heal the wounds that have been created. I trust that we
all want a stronger, better, more inclusive Gallaudet where ASL and Deaf
culture have been and always will be at the core of academic and
community life.”

Statement by I. King Jordan

“The struggle during the past several months has been very painful for
all of us. I am deeply troubled by the divisions among us and by the
anger that overtook reason, respect, and civility.

“Now we must all come together for the sake of Gallaudet, particularly
for the sake of Gallaudet's students--those who are our students now and
those who will be students in the future.

“I want to thank Jane Fernandes for her dedication and courage and her
standing up for what's right. I am personally saddened--for Gallaudet
and for Dr. Jane K. Fernandes--that she will not have the opportunity to
show Gallaudet and the world what a great president she could have been.
Her vision and her plans to make that vision come to life would have
guided the university we all love into a bright future. The Board of
Trustees saw that promise when they selected Dr. Fernandes as president.
In order to resolve the current stalemate the Board has deemed it
necessary to steer a different course, and I accept their decision. Now
we must all put down our weapons of words and seek to restore a sense of
community.

“In my Town Hall speech last November I said there is more that
unites us than divides us. I think we lost sight of that for a time and
we must work together to refocus on the core values that unite us. We
should not look for a resolution to the struggle of recent months in
terms of winners and losers. If we do, Gallaudet and our students will
be the losers.”

(Thanks to Larry at Reflections: Sifting Realities for blogging)

Now hopefully we can find a President who will open TV Department back up.

:fingersx:

But still we need money to fund TV Department and to have
large number of students to take tv courses.

Yeah I found out Fernandes close down TV Department last night
while researching about Fernandes... because others told me
to do my homework.

That kinda make me feel like "OUCH"!!!! Broke my heart allitle bit.

Hopefully, a new President will reopen TV Department.

Those DPN leaders are really darn smart....

Now we need a new President, pls pls pls reopen the TV Department.:fingersx:

Please see Koko's blog entry and see what JKF's goal were: Kokonut Pundits - they're nothing like a coconut.: Faculty Members Against Academic Excellence?

but:
Kokonut Pundits - they're nothing like a coconut.: ACTA Acts

So, I wonder will the Gally protester tell BoT to pick a person like they did during DPN to meet their dream like for example ASL only university? so jkf's goal listed in first link above is shattered?

Now that JKF is no longer becoming a president after IKJ leave the office. So will the search process reopened or are the protester going to tell the BoT who to pick for presidency? will JKF go back to her old position as Provost? If they are going to block her from returning to old position then I would say that's wrong and that would mean that the Protester's only goal is to get rid of JKF no matter what. hmm?

Last edited:
Please see Koko's blog entry and see what JKF's goal were: Kokonut Pundits - they're nothing like a coconut.: Faculty Members Against Academic Excellence?

but:
Kokonut Pundits - they're nothing like a coconut.: ACTA Acts

So, I wonder will the Gally protester tell BoT to pick a person like they did during DPN to meet their dream like for example ASL only university? so jkf's goal listed in first list is shattered?

Now that JKF is no longer becoming a president after IKJ leave the office. So will the search process reopened or are the protester going to tell the BoT who to pick for presidency? will JKF go back to her old position as Provost? If they are going to block her from returning to old position then I would say that's wrong and that would mean that the Protester's only goal is to get rid of JKF no matter what. hmm?

Fernandes is unlikely to go back to being Provost due to her resignation she gave earlier this year in preparation for her expected presidency. And if the students were looking to suggest a candidate to succeed Jordan, I'm sure we would have a name by now.

Let's just let Marlee Matlin be Gally president and everybody be happy. Am I right or am I right, people? :cool2:

Fernandes is unlikely to go back to being Provost due to her resignation she gave earlier this year in preparation for her expected presidency. And if the students were looking to suggest a candidate to succeed Jordan, I'm sure we would have a name by now.

Let's just let Marlee Matlin be Gally president and everybody be happy. Am I right or am I right, people? :cool2:
then her resignation is no good because it will be effective after she become president but she is not president yet so her resignation is invaild.

as for Marlee Matlin becoming Gally President, nah. she was never student and she does not have administration skill experiences and she only got honorary degree from Gallaudet that's it. so she's not qualified eh

then her resignation is no good because it will be effective after she become president but she is not president yet so her resignation is invaild.

as for Marlee Matlin becoming Gally President, nah. she was never student and she does not have administration skill experiences and she only got honorary degree from Gallaudet that's it. so she's not qualified eh

Dude, it was a joke. Why do I even bother? Good grief.

No, she has already resigned from the position, from what I understand. There is currently an interim provost.

Dude, it was a joke. Why do I even bother? Good grief.

No, she has already resigned from the position, from what I understand. There is currently an interim provost.

I know you were joking/being sarcastic :D but can't I follow thru?

hence the word "interim" to me, interim = acting so it's not final. :)

But we shall see what happens as next few days play out. eh? Maybe JKF decide not to stay in Gally.

It is really pathetic to see crab theory being used in Gally community eh.. real disappointing!

I for one am really glad that I am not gally student at all.

Back