Jane Fernandes - gone!

I am sick of hearing about Jane... she is gone.. now give a rest...
Let's move on... and find another good President.

Then all of this be all over.

Jane is human and she got feeling, I don't like it when Ridor or media
is trying to use her name to be famous. That is really sick.:dizzy:

Same here. In order to be a leader, people have to be convinced that you are capable of leading.

She never demonstrated any real leadership skills, not in the last 6 months since the announcement as far I am concerned. When she tried to convince people that she was the leader, it backfired every single time by making some up some half-baked analogies and trying to put the blame onto somebody else.

It's like having a scout leader who don't know how to use a compass and then setting off for a week-long trip in a national park with a bunch of kids. Would you want a scout leader who don't know how to use a compass to lead a pack of scouts into a national park for a whole week?

That's how I perceived her. Especially during her Q&A and analogies that they've captured on video. Not impressive at all.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I saw the whole thing too. That's why I kind of think the people who are claiming "crab theory" are wrong. She just seemed like a bad choice... had less to do with her being Deaf, and more to do with the fact that you can't lead those who won't follow you. People don't follow those who they have no faith in. They had no faith perhaps partially because she wasn't culturally Deaf (maybe that was one strike against her), but mostly because she had shown examples of questionable decision making and leadership (that's the other two strikes... she could have overcome the Cultural problem if she were otherwise a good leader). Leading is more than commanding.

Marlee Matlin for Gally President!! :dance2: She can entertain y'all!! She can follow Ronald Reagan's footsteps as actress becoming Prez.

I just also, i don't know if that true but please post this to correct it. The rumor start telling me that I. King Jordan is fired too due relationship with JF. ???:ugh3:

I wouldn't buy that gossip, and if this is true... would it matter? I. King Jordan is now at the very end of his career!

I just also, i don't know if that true but please post this to correct it. The rumor start telling me that I. King Jordan is fired too due relationship with JF. ???:ugh3:

Okay, here's what I'm seeing right now...

Everyone is complaining about Jane not being good enough.

Has anyone actually recommended someone better?

You can't just sit there saying she sucks without a supporting argument why some other particular person is better.

Marlee Matlin for Gally President!! :dance2: She can entertain y'all!! She can follow Ronald Reagan's footsteps as actress becoming Prez.
PLEASE!! Not Marlee Matlin. Alot of deafies dont like her.. It isnt a good idea!!

huh?? I dont hear the rumors. My friend works at Gally. She didnt hear anything either!

You can't just sit there saying she sucks without a supporting argument why some other particular person is better.

Lots of names have been suggested. Where have you been?

One of major concern is from her leadership skill.

Duh. Now do you have a suggestion for who should be the next president?

I don't know... I haven't get any name except for Marlee Matlin.

I'm really don't care about next president after Jane is out.

I don't know... I haven't get any name except for Marlee Matlin.

I'm really don't care about next president after Jane is out.

tsk tsk tsk... Deaf people rather have Marlee Matlin as President than
experienced Jane Fernandes.

Why Marlee Matlin? :confused:

Oh that mean just making fun on who is GU's next president?

Oscar Best Actress won't help MM to be GU president. :D

Is there "Help Wanted for Prez" post on the front yard of GU? :giggle:

I was told from Gally insiders that
Jane F. received $500,000 after Resign....
Is this true ?

There is no list but several names have been out there.

The BoT is setting up an interim president search now.
No list?

Well, like I said... it's better to make a suggestion than to make a rejection.

I was told from Gally insiders that
Jane F. received $500,000 after Resign....
Is this true ?

She never resigned, she was booted, a red flag to congress. Let's remind the congress that this happened. Write your representatives and tell them many access complaints continue to be filed by deaf university students. This is a problem that needs to be addressed and can be done without any burdens.

How do we come up with the funds for these accommodations? The answer is the fact that Gallaudet University receives about $100 million a year from Congress. It's time to tap into this funding.

Please communicate to your elected representatives and tell them the $100 million a year is being used to support deaf extremism at Gallaudet University, it's also enabling the scourge these extremists bring upon the mainstream deaf society, and enabling the incessant partying that occurs at Gallaudet University all at taxpayer's expenses. By rejecting Jane Fernandes as their next president, they are advancing their non-inclusive brand of extremism. These are the hallmarks of the low graduation rates at the university. It's time to tell the deaf radicals that the partying at Gallaudet University is over.

Wouldn't you rather see the money go to helping many universities open their arms to the deaf community? If you think so, please communicate by all means to your elected representatives.

Let's make all universities accessible to deaf students.

Richard

Back