Jailbreak for iOS 6

Right, as we already noted earlier, Verizon has already taken action.

Yes, but only LTE is locked itself because Verizon and at&t have different LTE bands. It is moot to unlocking for LTE because of different bands - Verizon iPhone with LTE won't work with at&t LTE.

For other countries - limited to 2G and 3G.

I'm not interested to unlocking, unless I have to use when go to other country.

Yes, but only LTE is locked itself because Verizon and at&t have different LTE bands. It is moot to unlocking for LTE because of different bands - Verizon iPhone with LTE won't work with at&t LTE.

For other countries - limited to 2G and 3G.

I'm not interested to unlocking, unless I have to use when go to other country.

Not the point. Verizon took action by raising rates.

I wonder if any of the carriers have considered this..... Since tethering is also taxed by three different levels, people who break contractual obligations to avoid fees are also evading taxes. :hmm: that might be an interesting line of attack in these court battles. That is how they nailed Al Capone.

They already did.

The cost of iPhone hasn't went up - base 16 GB cost at $200.

My monthly plan hasn't went up - still $55 per month for 2 GB/unlimited text (same monthly price from 2008 to 2010).

Verizon has follow FCC's open policy about 700 MHz.

The cost of iPhone hasn't went up - base 16 GB cost at $200.

My monthly plan hasn't went up - still $55 per month for 2 GB/unlimited text (same monthly price from 2008 to 2010).

Verizon has follow FCC's open policy about 700 MHz.

Right, they have applied it to new plans for now. That is even worse. I posted the link for that earlier. The people who caused this wont be affected. Karma will have to deal with the rest.

Right, they have applied it to new plans for now. That is even worse.

It doesn't affect to deaf customers and grandfathered customers.

Verizon converted to mobile share plan so the price are similar to old plan.

Old plan - unlimited voice, unlimited text and 2 GB data cost little over $100 per month.

Under new plan - unlimited voice, unlimited text and 2 GB for $100 per month ($40 for device + $60 for plan).

Overall, Verizon doesn't increase the rate.

It doesn't affect to deaf customers and grandfathered customers.

Verizon converted to mobile share plan so the price are similar to old plan.

Old plan - unlimited voice, unlimited text and 2 GB data cost little over $100 per month.

Under new plan - unlimited voice, unlimited text and 2 GB for $100 per month ($40 for device + $60 for plan).

Overall, Verizon doesn't increase the rate.

Everyone here can read. They can look at the link and see the truth. Verizon even admits it. SMH....

Posting again so that people don't have to scroll back.

Now that Verizon has changed its pricing plans, I understand that its tethering capability no longer requires an extra fee. But because of the way the plan is structured, it seems like the cost is still built into the service. Is this one way Verizon gets around violating the terms of service? In other words, aren't you still charging for tethering?

Here's Verizon's response to this question: "Our usage-based plans allow customers to pay for the data they need and use, including any tethering done through third party applications."
First of all, so long as Verizon doesn't actively block lawful apps from its network or devices, it's not violating the terms of the rules for open access. But clearly under the new pricing scheme, Verizon is building charges into its service for features that not all customers may want to use. For example, it's also offering unlimited voice and text messaging. If you only use 300 voice minutes per month and send few text messages, you're paying for a service that you don't need. The same is true for customers who won't use the the tethering feature.

Everyone here can read. They can look at the link and see the truth. Verizon even admits it. SMH....

My point - it doesn't increase the rate. Verizon switched to mobile share to meet the customer's wants and If I was hearing guy, I will see new plan as best deal.

The customers can have cell phone with voice plan only - if they are not interested to use smartphone. Verizon offer pre-paid plans too.

Talk to representative in store for best option, but the online store doesn't have many options. I have seen a lot of options at Verizon store that I don't see via online.

I finally got jailbreak for iPhone 5 since September 2012. I always changed different jailbreak softwares - JailbreakMe, redsn0w, & Absinthe for old iPhone 4 and now evasi0n for iPhone 5. Few old jailbreak apps incompatible with iPhone 5 but update and updating to the latest firmware is apps.

There is link about Share Everything - ask about who benefits from share everything plan.
Who Benefits From the Verizon Share Everything Plan? [INFOGRAPHIC]

Like I said in year ago, it was bad for single person, but increase $10 isn't big deal.

If you don't like Verizon so go to other carriers.

They stripped the data, you get less for your money. That is like saying an 18 slice loaf of bread is $4 so this 10 slice loaf is a great deal at $3.50.

:lol: that is just what they were hoping for....create a data craze and reap overages and tier upgrades. It's basically Drug Dealer 101. Give them a taste and get them hooked.

That may actually be what Verizon plans on rolling out this summer, and it may end up saving several people decent amounts of cash on their plan, but Verizon sees it as a way to make even more money long-term. Verizon Communications CFO Fran Shammo believes shared data plans and access to tethering will lead to more consumption, forcing people into higher-tiered, more-expensive data plans.
“I think revenue ARPU [average revenue per user] will continue to grow as we get into data share plans and people start to connect more devices [on the network].*As they add more devices, they are going to have to buy up into tiers. So again, you will see the revenue increase there.”
So while you may be paying a bit less on the lower end, Verizon is betting that as their customers become more and more mobile, they’ll use their cellular connection to hook up laptops and tablets to their Verizon 4G network, and 5GB of monthly data will no longer be enough to get you through the month without either needing to switch to a higher tier or suffer significant overage charges. If you happened to get in on Verizon’s unlimited data before they took that benefit away, you’ll be forced into the data share plans once you upgrade. There’s a possibility customers can keep unlimited 4G data by purchasing phones at full retail price, though we won’t hold our breath on that one. Verizon didn’t immediately respond to our question about this workaround.

http://www.intomobile.com/2012/05/17/verizon-raise-prices-its-wireless-customers/

They stripped the data, you get less for your money. That is like saying an 18 slice loaf of bread is $4 so this 10 slice loaf is a great deal at $3.50.

:lol: that is just what they were hoping for....create a data craze and reap overages and tier upgrades. It's basically Drug Dealer 101. Give them a taste and get them hooked.

Verizon to raise prices for its wireless customers (Update)

I don't have unlimited data since 2010 after switched to at&t and I wasn't complain because I never hit 2 GB limit.

All big carriers adopted 5 GB limit for tethering in 2007 but unlimited for phone usage, so existed until 2010 for at&t and Verizon, but Sprint and T-Mobile continue with those practice.

The wireless carriers in Canada has tiered data for many years before US wireless carriers adopted it.

I don't have unlimited data since 2010 after switched to at&t and I wasn't complain because I never hit 2 GB limit.

All big carriers adopted 5 GB limit for tethering in 2007 but unlimited for phone usage, so existed until 2010 for at&t and Verizon, but Sprint and T-Mobile continue with those practice.

The wireless carriers in Canada has tiered data for many years before US wireless carriers adopted it.

Yep, and now we were driven to it sadly. This is why we can't have nice things. :(

Back