Jailbreak for iOS 6

Dishonesty and a lack of morals don't cause a country to go down hill??? Umm, I know you stated earlier that reading books isn't your hobby, you might want to give that a try. Especially history books.

Also, as has been pointed out, innocent people have been harmed by this. That is sad but it is even more sad that some people do not care. :(

Not everyone share a same moral and I don't believe those problems are completely contributed to downhill of our country - only partial contribution and we have many unfair business practice, also they are dishonesty.

Well, you can't stop the people from being greedy and evil. :dunno:

Not everyone share a same moral and I don't believe those problems are completely contributed to downhill of our country - only partial contribution and we have many unfair business practice, also they are dishonesty.

Even if that were true, 2 wrongs do not = a right. Such a shame. *sigh*

Bingo! It's sad, it seems some young people believe it is ok to take from people who are doing well, ie making profits.

It's one of those things with age, just my opinion. I would probably do it when I was younger, but they didn't have tethering back then. Nowdays I wouldn't do it for the sake of morals.
It's one of those things about studying offenders too, most are younger ages as always.

Foxrac, do you think you will change your opinion about illegal tethering when you are older?

I have a different perceptive on this one.

In phone business's eye.

1. They assume that you would buy them back. If you don't, more likely they will have to cut the servers down, or similar downsize scenario.

2. In an ethical sense, it's win-win scenario for all. This is the precise reason why it was designed this way. It is not meant to demoralize either side; it is beneficial for everyone. Customer-provider business, simple. You get what you want in what you pay for, as simple as that.

3. You are a deaf customer. Without phone business, you wouldn't be using your phone right now (and probably the monitor that you are typing upon).

4. Ever read The Gilded Age by Mark Twain? A perfect example of allegory in this case. Industrialization and privatization of business (especially with Bell company in mind). I have often wondered whether if the modern period, from 1990s to modern time, is truly the "Second Gilded Age"...

5. Advantages: accessibility, organization/structure, and mobile internet. By organization/structure I mean, every class of society are provided for- middle class, enterprise, home usage, emergency services, and advanced business management that keep everything in the balance.

Okay, I'm ending this post, I'm going to get an eighth beer :cheers:

Even if that were true, 2 wrongs do not = a right. Such a shame. *sigh*

Yes, both of businesses and customers need to work together.

We have protection for businesses like they have right to refuse to serve to customers whoever are dishonest, disrespect, abusive, bad deed, etc.

Other example - the return policy. The abuse with return policy is bad so that caused businesses to tighten the return policy like Walmart won't hand out the gift card for customers who return without receipt so they have to replace with any real item that over the return value due to very high abuse.

By my philosophies, the law about monopolies need change and I'm very pro-competive with fair trade.

It's one of those things with age, just my opinion. I would probably do it when I was younger, but they didn't have tethering back then. Nowdays I wouldn't do it for the sake of morals.
It's one of those things about studying offenders too, most are younger ages as always.

Foxrac, do you think you will change your opinion about illegal tethering when you are older?

The "illegal" tethering will not exist when I'm getting older because wireless carriers are start to include the tethering by default.

My parent use unauthorized tethering as well since they have grandfathered unlimited data, so they are older.

Bad business practice = the customer will make bad practice back to them

Yes, both of businesses and customers need to work together.

Businesses and customers DO work together.....it's called a contract. Customers need to start honoring their end of the contract.

This is a big deal too, I just heard the 7 million iPhones with the iOS6 update have been jail broken. If just 2 million of those are tethering that means they are cost phone companies $50 MILLION a month. That money could create a lot of jobs. That money could help a lot of needy people. But instead that money is taken by the selfish people who refuse to obey the terms of their contract. And because of that, not only are jobs lost, honest customers are charged money. This is not a victimless crime.

The "illegal" tethering will not exist when I'm getting older because wireless carriers are start to include the tethering by default.

My parent use unauthorized tethering as well since they have grandfathered unlimited data, so they are older.

Bad business practice = the customer will make bad practice back to them

In bold - I doubt it for Apple. That's only for android. They haven't added tethering in Settings for 5 years since original iPhone. They want to make money, not lose money. Free tether means both business lost money (network carrier, smartphone company). Android already adding "Portable Wifi Hotspot" setting since around 2-3 years and comes as a default setting from manufacturer OS.

Your philosophy about tethering seems a lot like Android than Apple. However you should not blame carrier for your argument. Verizon and AT&T are not responsible for OS.

Your problem is with Apple, they doesn't include it built in to OS so you feel it's fine to jailbreak it and tether. You need to direct your complaint to Apple, not AT&T or Verizon - they are partners with Apple and the profits are shared.

Businesses and customers DO work together.....it's called a contract. Customers need to start honoring their end of the contract.

This is a big deal too, I just heard the 7 million iPhones with the iOS6 update have been jail broken. If just 2 million of those are tethering that means they are cost phone companies $50 MILLION a month. That money could create a lot of jobs. That money could help a lot of needy people. But instead that money is taken by the selfish people who refuse to obey the terms of their contract. And because of that, not only are jobs lost, honest customers are charged money. This is not a victimless crime.

That's not good enough in some cases and the businesses care about big profits as possible, so they don't care about you.

I doubt that 2 millions are using unauthorized tethering and they use jailbreaking for many reasons - like Jiro has own reason to use jailbreaking.

Big wireless carriers don't care about you and they simply laugh for overconcern.

In bold - I doubt it for Apple. That's only for android. They haven't added tethering in Settings for 5 years since original iPhone. They want to make money, not lose money. Free tether means both business lost money (network carrier, smartphone company). Android already adding "Portable Wifi Hotspot" setting since around 2-3 years and comes as a default setting from manufacturer OS.

Your philosophy about tethering seems a lot like Android than Apple. However you should not blame carrier for your argument. Verizon and AT&T are not responsible for OS.

Your problem is with Apple, they doesn't include it built in to OS so you feel it's fine to jailbreak it and tether. You need to direct your complaint to Apple, not AT&T or Verizon - they are partners with Apple and the profits are shared.

Apple iOS already INCLUDE tethering (personal hotspot) since iOS 4 released but carriers have option to block, so the problem isn't on Apple's side. Verizon changed the policy for tethering, that's included iOS and Android but Apple's server hasn't updated for some plans.

Some carriers do block the tethering on Android as well.

Apple iOS already INCLUDE tethering (personal hotspot) since iOS 4 released but carriers have option to block, so the problem isn't on Apple's side. Verizon changed the policy for tethering, that's included iOS and Android but Apple's server hasn't updated for some plans.

Some carriers do block the tethering on Android as well.

That's still problem between Apple and carrier! Why doesn't android have this issue since version 2.3.4+?

Which phones? Let me know which android devices don't have tethering by default because I want to see some names.

That's not good enough in some cases and the businesses care about big profits as possible, so they don't care about you.

What is the point of being in business if you are not wanting to make a profit. Regardless, that doesn't give a person a right to steal from them.

Big wireless carriers don't care about you and they simply laugh for overconcern.

Incorrect. They have spent millions in court over this. They have money trying to prevent this. The only solution they found is charging more across the board. Again, everyone being penalized by people who refuse to obey the rules. What's worse, is those people signed their NAME agreeing to obey the rules of the contract. So, their word means nothing to them. That is sad.

That's still problem between Apple and carrier! Why doesn't android have this issue since version 2.3.4+?

Which phones? Let me know which android devices don't have tethering by default because I want to see some names.

I had Nexus 4 before and first party tethering works WITHOUT tethering plan, even it isn't rooted.

Motorola Atrix is one of them that at&t blocked it for customers who don't have tethering plan.

yes we all do share a common standard of morality and honesty and unfortunately... some people strayed away from it.

unfair business practice = dishonesty and immoral

that's why this country is going downhill... look at what they did to this country for past several years...

greedy people = dishonesty and immoral

What is the point of being in business if you are not wanting to make a profit. Regardless, that doesn't give a person a right to steal from them.

Incorrect. They have spent millions in court over this. They have money trying to prevent this. The only solution they found is charging more across the board. Again, everyone being penalized by people who refuse to obey the rules. What's worse, is those people signed their NAME agreeing to obey the rules of the contract. So, their word means nothing to them. That is sad.

It isn't bad to make profits, if they make a lot of profits so some of profits should share with employees. The employees at Verizon are overworked and they have deal with a lot of angry customers.

It is natural for many businesses to being sued in the court. For customers with unlimited data, at&t and Verizon can bust them by tracking the data usage and APN. They usually warn them via email before termination, so if not restore the order and they will bill with early termination fee, also sometime, they have to throttle to very slow speed. That's not bad punishment, IMO but I'm not customer with unlimited data, though.

I had Nexus 4 before and first party tethering works WITHOUT tethering plan, even it isn't rooted.

Motorola Atrix is one of them that at&t blocked it for customers who don't have tethering plan.

INCORRECT
See here, Atrix 4G ICS official has tether by default:
Z93x62S.jpg

Name another phone?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gudz0XBMPk]Motorola Atrix 4G ICS Leak Overview - YouTube[/ame]

The tethering isn't illegal, so it isn't crime.

You missed my post - many people talk about tethering on public forum.

again... you missed the point. like I said - it's best kept to yourself and not publicly state that you're condoning an unauthorized tethering because this thread will just end up in unnecessary quibbling.

we get it and we know what your stance is. so move on and sssshhhh about unauthorized tethering or theft of service. as far as I'm concerned.... jailbreaking new iphones after Jan. 26th is now illegal.

so it's in your best interest to keep it to yourself if you're breaking the law or breaching a contract. btw - that's just an advice for you and you are free to ignore it.

Back