Is Michael Moore a Hypocrite and a Liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're laughing over a beaten woman and yet said vile and derogatory comments towards me over a abortion issue because I refused to allow logic to override my emotions (I stated emotions is not a reliable source of information, logic is and I stand by that belief) while trying to use a flawed argument in regards to aborting babies that is a byproduct of rape.

Thanks for sharing your frame of mind.

Very nice...

Yiz

No, I am laughing at the absurdity.

What the hell does abortion have to do with this thread? You are really out there now! LOL

How you know what he have in bank? Maybe he donate all to charity. How you know?

The Government has all that info, therefore with the power of "Freedom of Information Act", tax records are public records.

When you file your taxes, everything is there, including what bank you go to. A person can file a request for a copy of my tax records if he/she is willing to shell out ALOT of money to get my information from the Government.

Yiz

Ok I may be the dummy in this conversation but .... don't we all profit from a capitalist system? And if all the ones who complained about the system ceased to participate in it, wouldn't that essentially be a death sentence to the nation? Is it reasonable to expect someone to first remove themselves from a system before they can buck it?

The Government has all that info, therefore with the power of "Freedom of Information Act", tax records are public records.

When you file your taxes, everything is there, including what bank you go to. A person can file a request for a copy of my tax records if he/she is willing to shell out ALOT of money to get my information from the Government.

Yiz

No, Yiz, his income tax records are not public information. You are misinterpreting the law. Even a lawyer has told you that in this very thread.:roll: Tax records are private.

No, I am laughing at the absurdity.

What the hell does abortion have to do with this thread? You are really out there now! LOL

A woman being beaten because she refused his sexual is considered absurdity and therefore humorous?

Yiz

Yiz

Tax records not public information! You wrong.

No, Yiz, his income tax records are not public information. You are misinterpreting the law. Even a lawyer has told you that in this very thread.:roll: Tax records are private.

Nope, because I have served in the Grand Jury for 6 months for the State giving out either "true bill" or "no bill" to indict a person for a crime so it can move on to a trial phase.

Most majority of the cases we dealt with in the Grand Jury were tax fraud (and boring as hell at that).

This so called lawyer, show me your credentials in a PM. Thanks.

Tax records are public records. We asked the lead D.A. that question and he detailed in great length how one can obtain a person's tax records.

Also, Politicians are by law have to disclose their tax records to the public each year. It's called "checks and balances".

Yiz

No, Yiz. Your ability to tell stories is absurd.

So you're neither confirming or denying that beating a woman is humorous?

You left a "ROFL" smiley logo.

You need to explain yourself.

Yiz

It is my understanding that you can obtain a copy of someone else's tax return but only with their full signed consent.

Ok I may be the dummy in this conversation but .... don't we all profit from a capitalist system? And if all the ones who complained about the system ceased to participate in it, wouldn't that essentially be a death sentence to the nation? Is it reasonable to expect someone to first remove themselves from a system before they can buck it?

Yes, Capitalism makes money, therefore money creates jobs. Jobs hires people and they work either hourly or salary.

Not everyone wants to create jobs when they make money nor keep employees forever once they're hired.

Liberals have a mistaken idea that it's supposed to hire people and keep them forever.

Yiz

It is my understanding that you can obtain a copy of someone else's tax return but only with their full signed consent.

We asked the DA that question too, the DA said, "no."

In regards to privacy, seriously, what government actually cares about "privacy"??? :confused:

Yiz

Ok, to my first post - the point I was wondering about directly related to Michael Moore. Can we call anyone a hypocrite in this respect when it is not reasonable to expect someone to remove themselves from the capitalist system before they are entitled to buck it?

To the second point, I am no expert on tax matters but I would imagine that, if a case pertaining to these records was in court, these records would become public within the courtroom (as the court has the ability to do such things). As for the average Joe or the media, I would not expect them to have access to these records without consent.

It is a misdemeanor for an IRS employee to view federal tax records without authorization. It's also a felony for any IRS employees to disclose tax information without authorization. So I imagine it wouldn't be exactly legal for the Average Joe to view someone else's tax records without authorization either.

There are different laws on state taxes, they vary from state to state. However, access to state taxes are still restricted in most places, but exceptions may apply in some situations. Local taxes are different though. They are often paid through property taxes. You can access information to property taxes in most places.

Back to federal and state taxes, they are still restrictive when it comes to access. There are a few different ways to access tax information. They can be through the court records. For example, when someone files for bankruptcy or divorce, their financial information are often recorded in the courtroom. So that is one way to take a look at someone else's tax information.

The ONLY way to get someone's tax records is to get a court order. Period.

... and no, politicians are not required to make their tax information available to the public. They are required to file a financial statement which is not the same thing. Often, the politicians will volunteer to disclose their tax information, but they are not required to.

Ok, to my first post - the point I was wondering about directly related to Michael Moore. Can we call anyone a hypocrite in this respect when it is not reasonable to expect someone to remove themselves from the capitalist system before they are entitled to buck it?

To the second point, I am no expert on tax matters but I would imagine that, if a case pertaining to these records was in court, these records would become public within the courtroom (as the court has the ability to do such things). As for the average Joe or the media, I would not expect them to have access to these records without consent.

When one is in "business", i.e. to make money, you're a Capitalist. If "making money" involves stealing, that's not being a capitalist, that's being a thief.

Michael Moore is into the film business, therefore that's a Capitalist business venture. He's making alot of money in profits and over the years since 1989 since his first film, he has garnered over 50 million (since last reported in 2010).

So yes, he's being a hypocrite when he's denying being a Capitalist on account of his film making industry (and lets' not forget he does own stock. That's another public record as well, you have to report your stock earnings to the IRS) while under the same breath say "No I'm not a millionaire, blah blah blah"

As for the tax records, for most of the time your tax records do go public due to a commission of a crime or the IRS suspects criminal activities whether civilian or public servant (politicians for one).

But if you were a boss of a company and if you wanted to be a control freak, wanting to know what the hell your employees are doing and if you are nosy enough and have money to shell out (lots of money) to send in a request to obtain their tax records, you will get it, because you paid for it.

Yiz

As for the tax records, for most of the time your tax records do go public due to a commission of a crime or the IRS suspects criminal activities whether civilian or public servant (politicians for one)

Actually, financial information are made publicly since everything is recorded within the courtroom. However, the tax records itself CANNOT be accessed by the public, not even the IRS employees without authorization. It's still not the same thing.

It is a misdemeanor for an IRS employee to view federal tax records without authorization. It's also a felony for any IRS employees to disclose tax information without authorization. So I imagine it wouldn't be exactly legal for the Average Joe to view someone else's tax records without authorization either.

There are different laws on state taxes, they vary from state to state. However, access to state taxes are still restricted in most places, but exceptions may apply in some situations. Local taxes are different though. They are often paid through property taxes. You can access information to property taxes in most places.

Back to federal and state taxes, they are still restrictive when it comes to access. There are a few different ways to access tax information. They can be through the court records. For example, when someone files for bankruptcy or divorce, their financial information are often recorded in the courtroom. So that is one way to take a look at someone else's tax information.

The ONLY way to get someone's tax records is to get a court order. Period.

Here's the official IRS statement....

Enacted in 1966, the Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, gives any person the right to access federal agency records or information. The FOIA is based on the presumption that the government and its information belong to the people.

A 1996 amendment to the FOIA, required federal agencies to make many types of records available online.

New law, like the OPEN Government Act, as well as new policies, such as those issued by the President and the Attorney General, promote the spirit of transparency envisioned by our founding fathers.

Some records are only available by written request. If you plan to make a FOIA request to obtain the records you seek, you may refer to the IRS FOIA Guide. IRS may withhold records protected from disclosure by one of the law’s nine exemptions and it must withhold when disclosure of the records is prohibited by law.

As an alternative to filing formal FOIA requests, the IRS offers access to other records through procedures designed to make access quick and easy.

To assist FOIA requesters each IRS Disclosure Office serves as a FOIA Service Center and each Disclosure Manager is a FOIA Public Liaison. These liaisons are advocates for FOIA requesters to help resolve problems encountered in the process.

Source: IRS Freedom of Information

What I didn't know is the change of the law since 1996 is now you can buy the records for $57.00. Wow, before that, you had to shell out thousands of dollars to get those public records. Oh cool, that means the Government cracked down on them. Very nice! :D

Yiz

I think you don't understand how the FOIA works. You cannot make a request to access someone else's tax information. The FOIA is in place to ensure that you have access to policy decisions that was made based on your tax information. You cannot use the FOIA to get any sort of information you wish to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back