Is Michael Moore a Hypocrite and a Liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem for me with private SS accounts is the effects on the stock market. There is a risk involved there. I guess some people would enjoy the challenge of playing the market, but it comes with a big price tag if you pick a loser.
You don't have to keep everything in the stock market. There are other markets with various levels of risk and you can diversify. If we did that, we would see gains much greater than what we get from the current system. I'm actually expecting to receive a negative return on investment. That's a pretty sad system.

Raising the SS age requirements does affect me, but I plan to work well past that age. I want to do work that helps people, without regard to the size of my paycheck. I cannot see myself sitting home, replying to AD threads and Facebook statuses when I am 70, so why not keep busy? Famous saying: "If you find a job you love, you will never work a day."
That's a great attitude. :)

How about you? Are you more open to changing your mind upon thoughtful consideration of facts and logic, even when it's uncomfortable?

I'll answer that one. I have seen her alter her stance several times when she gets information that expands her knowlege base.

I suppose it's true there were rich people in the Soviet Union. They got all the nice cars, drove on the nice roads, and shopped in the nice grocery stores where normal people weren't allowed.
Dunno about the nice roads but yes I have heard about the nice cars and the grocery store but this pertained to the higher ups in the Soviet Union government and this prolly pertained to Russians with connections as well.

Oh I am. Are you?
All the time. It drives me nuts sometimes. It's like having this annoying teacher sitting on my shoulder playing devil's advocate saying "Are you sure? Have you considered this possibility? What if you're wrong?". But we gotta do that.

All the time. It drives me nuts sometimes. It's like having this annoying teacher sitting on my shoulder playing devil's advocate saying "Are you sure? Have you considered this possibility? What if you're wrong?". But we gotta do that.

You're in trouble if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back