Is anyone who had this experienced seeing Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My minister was extremely accepting, and even agreed on what I believed the meaning of each one was. In one case, without getting into too much detail, he found a Scriptural parallel to one of my experiences. So, he was never dismissive of me.

I agree about knowing the difference between dreams--there are certain ones that are so much more powerful, or that leave such an impression on you after you wake from them that you find you can't doubt your experience for too long.

Momoftwo said:
Hi,

Some of you had experienced your dreams. Did you share your experiences with your minister at your church? I did share my dream experience of seeing Jesus with two ministers. (one is here and the other one is in another town where I grew up) The ministers said to me "Sorry, it's not real because God doesn't do that". I told them that I already had been there and you have not been there before. They swallowed the fish. I told them that my dream was not imaginary. It was R E A L. I have been there before of being in imaginary of the dreams. So, if you told your minister about your experiences, what did your minister say?

Thanks! (smile)

Momoftwo

Momoftwo said:
Reba,

Wow, you know so much about the Bible. Are you the minister for the church?
No, I am not a minister. Really, I am not an expert about the Bible; there are many people at AllDeaf who know much more about the Bible than I do. I think it is just that I have been around a long time, and have been a Christian for many years.

I would like to know what you say about my dream experience with Jesus and other people from this board who shared with their experiences of seeing Jesus. You had no comments on my posts and people's posts in this thread so it makes me wonder and it sounds like you don't believe it because it is not in this Bible that you don't see in your Bible.
You really shouldn't assume about something that I didn't say. :)

Hard to believe, but I don't post my opinion in every thread. Sometimes I don't have time, sometimes I miss a thread, sometimes I am not interested or too tired, sometimes I want to give more people their opportunities.

I didn't post my opinion about other people's experiences because those are their personal experiences. What can I say? If someone had a personal experience, that belongs to them. It is personal. It is their experience, their interpretation of the experience, their feeling from the experience. It is not my experience, it is not a public experience, so I don't have the right to comment on them.

If the person is a Christian, and nothing in that person's dream or experience contradicts the Bible, then what can anyone say?

Millions of people, past and present, know that the Bible is true. All of God's prophecies are 100 percent accurate.

I can tell you that you're 100% wrong. :)

I'll give an example of one of the most common false prophecies:

Jesus was NEVER predicted by the Old Testament and that's a fact. The Old Testament verse was taken OUT OF CONTEXT to support the authencity of Jesus. For example, a common prophecy that Christians say predicted the coming of Jesus Christ is Isaiah 7:14. It said: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call his name Immanuel." In case you don't know, "virgin" was mistranslated. The Hebrew word is "almah" which means "young woman", not a virgin. Nowhere in the Old Testament did they have a concept of virgin birth. And the mother never named Jesus "Immanuel." If you read the whole chapter of Isaiah, it was about predicting that a child will be a sign for Ahaz, the king of Judah, and that he'll win the battle against Rezin, the king of Syra. Later in that chapter, a prophetess gave birth to a son which fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14. The whole chapter was clearly talking about a woman and a son in THAT time frame and it was NEVER about Jesus seven centuries later!

Because people are blind to the truth, proud, comfortable in their sin, stubborn, etc. People have many reasons for not believing the truth. What is your reason?

And you think you have the truth? Well, you don't know. Muslims are convinced they have the truth. Jews feel the same. It goes on and on. I find the Bible to be inconsistent and I dislike some stories in it. I don't agree with some of their views. I'd rather stand up for common sense and reason than for a myth.

-jeff

Rose Immoral quote:

"My minister was extremely accepting, and even agreed on what I believed the meaning of each one was. In one case, without getting into too much detail, he found a Scriptural parallel to one of my experiences. So, he was never dismissive of me.

I agree about knowing the difference between dreams--there are certain ones that are so much more powerful, or that leave such an impression on you after you wake from them that you find you can't doubt your experience for too long."

Rose Immoral,

I'm so glad to hear what you said!!

And you said,
"I agree about knowing the difference between dreams--there are certain ones that are so much more powerful, or that leave such an impression on you after you wake from them that you find you can't doubt your experience for too long." -----Yes, it makes perfectly sense!!!!! That's why I never forget my very, very special dream experience - that was the only one!!!! I had soooo many dreams but not on this one with Jesus - it was so totally different and never forget of every details, so very powerful!!

Many, many thanks!!!!!!! :D

Momoftwo

Reba,

Oh ok.....I'm sorry that I assumed you of what I thought. Please forgive me. I understand that you can't comment on that because you have no idea that you never had your own dream experience with Jesus. But I'm sure that people are glad that others and I shared our experiences with others. It's really nice!! :D

Thanks! (smile)

Momoftwo

netrox--I know this isn't Bible scholarship, but with a couple of experiences I've had, I've found that sometimes the same symbol has had an immediate meaning, and then things happened years later that fit the same symbol in a different way. That there was a "short term" application to that prophecy is not surprising or threatening to me in the least. By the way, by your logic we ALL technically run the risk of being wrong, including both you and me. Please do try to bear in mind that not all of us who believe do so blindly or out of habit.

Momoftwo--Very true, about how unforgettable such experiences are, and the level of detail! It's absolutely lifelike, and the level of thought is very high as well as that of emotion.

Reba said:
Ancient people didn't have technology but they weren't stupid.
I agree with you. Did Adam and Eve use 100% of brain God gave them? Imagine their superior intelligence compared to us! It is possible our brain today is declining. Maybe ancient Egyptians' brain was superior to our "today" brain because we see how Egyptians built the great pyramids and promoted the great philosophers. Our today brain is like a ladybug sitting on one leaf. The ladybug can only see the leaf where she sits. God can see the entire garden where many ladybugs sit there.

netrox said:
I can tell you that you're 100% wrong. :)

I'll give an example of one of the most common false prophecies:

Jesus was NEVER predicted by the Old Testament and that's a fact. The Old Testament verse was taken OUT OF CONTEXT to support the authencity of Jesus. For example, a common prophecy that Christians say predicted the coming of Jesus Christ is Isaiah 7:14. It said: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call his name Immanuel." In case you don't know, "virgin" was mistranslated. The Hebrew word is "almah" which means "young woman", not a virgin. Nowhere in the Old Testament did they have a concept of virgin birth.
I have known about the "almah" debate for many years. That is nothing new. Some more recent translators wanted to use "young woman" for almah instead of "virgin." Others wanted to use "unmarried woman." But it does mean "virgin." As the word is translated into Greek in the New Testament, it is parthenos. Greeks knew that meant "virgin" unmarried woman.

If she wasn't a virgin in Isaiah 7:14, what would be the significance of "a young woman will be with child and bear a son"? That would be an everyday occurence in the ancient world, so why would it be mentioned as something special? It wouldn't. What makes it "special" is the fact that a virgin had conceived. That is logical.

And the mother never named Jesus "Immanuel."
Jesus was the human. Jesus was also Jehovah, God. He was also Emmanuel/Immanuel, "God with us."

The angel in Matthew verified that Jesus and Emmanuel would be one and the same:

Matthew 1:
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

... Later in that chapter, a prophetess gave birth to a son which fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14. The whole chapter was clearly talking about a woman and a son in THAT time frame and it was NEVER about Jesus seven centuries later!
No, the "prophetess" did not fit the criteria, and did not fulfill the prophecy of Isaiah.

I hate to give such a brief reply for now but I need to get ready for church. We leave in a few minutes.

I will check back later.

Hi,

It just popped in my mind. I shared with you all of my dream experience. Now, I understand that my dream experience was about the truth. It is the same idea that you read the Bible that this Bible book is the truth. Many people don't believe the bible. So, God uses few people to have the dream experiences so those people can share the truths with people of their dream experience of seeing Jesus.

Wow, indeed it's so very powerful!! (smile)

Happy Halloween! (smile)

Momoftwo

How do you know if the Bible is true?

Momoftwo said:
you have no idea that you never had your own dream experience with Jesus. But I'm sure that people are glad that others and I shared our experiences with others. It's really nice!! :D

Thanks! (smile)

Momoftwo

I also dream of Jesus, too. I know the dream is only imagery because I look at Jesus´s image on the book, bibles, etc.

Can you describe me Jesus´s image what you saw in your dream? I will be surprised if you describe his image here (white robe, brown hair & neat beard) because we learn his images from the bibles, TV, etc. that´s how his images fed to our brain. I will create a new thread about type of dreams later.

Dream is something do with imagery, physics & emotion, that´s all.

Liebling said,

"I also dream of Jesus, too. I know the dream is only imagery because I look at Jesus´s image on the book, bibles, etc.

Can you describe me Jesus´s image what you saw in your dream? I will be surprised if you describe his image here (white robe, brown hair & neat beard) because we learn his images from the bibles, TV, etc. that´s how his images fed to our brain. I will create a new thread about type of dreams later.

Dream is something do with imagery, physics & emotion, that´s all."

----------------------------
Liebling,

Okay. I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. No, it's defidently not what I saw in books or movies. This was so real. I cannot describe Jesus that much, except that it was very peaceful, I could hear, and he gently wiped my tears. He was just standing there. That's all I could describe. Now, if it was a FAKE dream, I wouldn't STILL remember it! If it was fake, I'd imagion he was flying, white robe, brown hair and a beard flying in the clouds. But I didn't have that kind of dream. It's hard to explain... Earlier I said he was in a white robe etc. because I guess I was describing of who he was, because I already knew what he looked like.

Smile

Momoftwo

Momoftwo said:
Liebling said,

"I also dream of Jesus, too. I know the dream is only imagery because I look at Jesus´s image on the book, bibles, etc.

Dream is something do with imagery, physics & emotion, that´s all."

----------------------------
Liebling,

Okay. I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. No, it's defidently not what I saw in books or movies. This was so real. I cannot describe Jesus that much, except that it was very peaceful, I could hear, and he gently wiped my tears. He was just standing there. That's all I could describe. Now, if it was a FAKE dream, I wouldn't STILL remember it! If it was fake, I'd imagion he was flying, white robe, brown hair and a beard flying in the clouds. But I didn't have that kind of dream. It's hard to explain... Earlier I said he was in a white robe etc. because I guess I was describing of who he was, because I already knew what he looked like.

Smile

Momoftwo

Your dream is beautiful. I believe you and yes, sometimes it is hard for people to believe you. Same thing happened to me and people don't believe me. My oldest daughter remember my story and she told me that I don't tell lie, because I tell the same story in a few years later. I have a hard time describin' what Jesus' Touch was like. It was beyond than my words. I don't know how to explain the right word. Maybe, in Heaven they have "heaven" words to describe better than this "earth" words. lol
I learned somethin' from readin' one of the books and it described about a woman's experience when she saw in Heaven ...she saw the grass was very "lushy" - somethin' like that. I was like, gee how interestin' because, that word I never use while livin' on this earth. I always said the grass is "green" or let's say "yellow" when the grass is dead without feedin' some water. :lol: That woman described Heaven is way beyond than my imagination. I kept readin' and readin' without stop. Very interestin' and fascinatin' about Heaven. That woman was sent back when God told her that her time was not finished. :aw: But, I am glad that she shared her experience about Heaven after she was sent back to earth.

i know Jesus. he's my brother, we hang out all the time when im on the other side. the only problem though, is that he still cant surf that well. u figure...that guy has been over there for how many years? and, he can walk on water but he cant surf worth crap. i just think he isn't practicing. he's a great poker player thats for sure, the last time we played poker he took Gabriel for all he had.

haha listen to this, oh man this is really great. once Jesus lost a bet, and he had to shave his beard off! lol. he looks better with the beard though. i wont make him shave it again.

What I've heard that people who were in near death experience had shared their stories about how they supposedly saw Jesus, the light and heaven, also out of body experiences which contracted by deceased loved ones, That I believe it can happen but regular dreams? I don't know because, why would a few would be chosen to experience a dream about Jesus when there are millions to billions of people nationwide? This is the first time I've actually heard a few experienced a dream of Jesus without being near death experience. :dunno:

Momoftwo said:
Okay. I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. No, it's defidently not what I saw in books or movies.

Ok, I see no problem to have you to disagree with me.

This was so real. I cannot describe Jesus that much, except that it was very peaceful, I could hear, and he gently wiped my tears. He was just standing there. That's all I could describe.

I know what you mean because I had an experience like this before. I has to accept the fact that it´s only imagery.

Now, if it was a FAKE dream, I wouldn't STILL remember it! If it was fake, I'd imagion he was flying, white robe, brown hair and a beard flying in the clouds. But I didn't have that kind of dream. It's hard to explain... Earlier I said he was in a white robe etc. because I guess I was describing of who he was, because I already knew what he looked like.

Smile

Momoftwo

No, I´m not saying that the dream is a fake. I only said that the dream is something do with imagery, physics & emotion.

Yes I know that dream is a powerful and interpreting something.

check this link
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=21564

*I must go with my children to neigbors for sweet & treat... * I will be back for more posts...

Liebling,

Once again, my dream is the truth. It was not imaginary at all.

The Expert at a presentation as you mentioned - those people have not experienced it.

That's all I can say to you. (smile)

Warm Regards,

Momoftwo

Momoftwo,

There's a scripture in the bible talkin' about dream, too. Very interestin'.

CyberRed said:
Momoftwo,

There's a scripture in the bible talkin' about dream, too. Very interestin'.

I could provide the references for several...there is one in the book of Job that is quite interesting and ALSO explains why dramatic revelations like dreams and visions may not be used in most cases. Reason is, that's simply not needed in every case.

This link goes to Job 31. The verses of interest are 13-30.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=22&chapter=33&version=31

CyberRed and Rose Immortal,

Oh, thank you so much about the Scriptures!!!!!! I am so glad that you provided the Scriptures!! Thanks so much!! :mrgreen:

Warm Regards,

Momoftwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back